Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Waiting on God's Time... totally stinks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

ksqt0509

ksqt0509

Member - 1Ker

• 1,180 posts
I am 18, and never had a boyfriend/ relationship. I feel so ready for one, so I am having a hard time figuring out why in the world God is taking forever. (lol)

I mean, I have been asked out, but I just KNEW beyond the shadow of a doubt those weren't the kind of guys I wanted to date.

I am waiting on God, and it is tough. Not just because I want someone to cuddle with during a scary movie, or ride rides with at six flags, or hug when I am having a bad day (But all those things would be a plus :) )... I want someone to talk to, read the bible with, grow more in God with.

I really want a "relationship", not just for the physical aspect. I like the idea of having someone to depend on, and call.

Plus, not having one makes me feel lonely, and slightly loserish. (Try going to six flags and ALL your friends bring dates, and pretty much every ride seats two. Yeah, fun!)

Waiting is so hard! So, why's God taking his sweet time (haha)... is there something I need to do? Is there some milestone I need to pass in order to get the greenlight for a boyfriend?

I mean Paul (I'm pretty sure) wrote to use the time your single to get closer to God, and I am trying, but I want a boyfriend! lol.

Anyone been there? Any thoughts?

Boogles

Boogles

Member - 10Ker

• 21,871 posts
I'm 20 and I'm in the same boat(no one's ever asked me out though.) Waiting is reeeeeaaaallllly hard.

God's timing is not ours. Sometimes we're in the right place spiritually/emotionally and we're just in no position to meet men. Or it could be that we're in the right place,but we have emotional problems or some such like. However,you have to remember that boys are people too and perhaps your other half isn't ready for YOU yet. :) No one is perfect and perhaps God's working on a flaw of your potential boyfriend's while you're waiting.

And don't fee like a loser! You're not! This is where having single friends is handy,they'll ride rides with you. (If you don't have any,make some. They're very encouraging.)
Oh,I may be on the side of the angels; but don't think for one second that I am one. -Sherlock Holmes.
CONJOINED IN MUTUAL WEIRDNESSS WITH THE EVER-SO-GORGEOUS ABIDOLL. <3 <3 Matriarch of TK. Sister of NoelKT5 and Josh.

You has been tagged by the most awesomest Moderator/Counselor that CTF has ever had! Even cooler than Evan, but don't tell Evan. ~Haley<3

There, now your spawn "tags" along wherever you go. - T.K.

Jesht

Jesht

Accomplished Poster

• 452 posts
There's nothing wrong with waiting. But also, if there's a guy you really like, don't wait for him to ask you out. Ask him out!

Marie139:14

Marie139:14

Experienced Fellow

• 132 posts
I can 100% relate. There's someone I have been admiring for a while now (10 long annoying months :P) And us, being girls, have to wait for the guy to ask us, unfortunately we cant take charge and just go ask someone out. And the guys that show interest are NOT what we want. I actually typed out a list of all the things I want in a guy and if he doesn't meet the criteria, oh well! Haha
I wish God would just give that guy a little push. Lol
And I know that I'm not a loser and you should too, but I can totally relate to that feeling, when all your friends are busy bc they have a date or something. Yeah. Singleness can be good, but also boring. :P
I am passionate for Jesus. I love Basketball. I blog. I am not perfect. I try my best. I am loyal. I am loud. I enjoy to talk. I am full of hope. I can only function by His grace. I love the Lord.
http://livingbygrace...e.blogspot.com/
-Marie

Madame Captain

Madame Captain

Member - 5Ker

• 5,528 posts

I can 100% relate. There's someone I have been admiring for a while now (10 long annoying months :P) And us, being girls, have to wait for the guy to ask us, unfortunately we cant take charge and just go ask someone out. And the guys that show interest are NOT what we want. I actually typed out a list of all the things I want in a guy and if he doesn't meet the criteria, oh well! Haha
I wish God would just give that guy a little push. Lol
And I know that I'm not a loser and you should too, but I can totally relate to that feeling, when all your friends are busy bc they have a date or something. Yeah. Singleness can be good, but also boring. :P

Who lied to you?

ksqt0509

ksqt0509

Member - 1Ker

• 1,180 posts
It would feel totally wierd to me to initiate a relationship... I kinda feel like it's the guys job, you know the whole take charge whatever aspect.

Not saying that if I did find the right guy I wouldn't try and get something going...

But I honestly can't see myself "asking him out" or whatever.

slycooper

slycooper

Member - 10Ker

• 23,286 posts

It would feel totally wierd to me to initiate a relationship... I kinda feel like it's the guys job, you know the whole take charge whatever aspect.

Not saying that if I did find the right guy I wouldn't try and get something going...

The thing is though though, alot of men, aren't good at reading 'signs'. You don't want to get to the point where the only way he 'gets' what you're implying is if you burn your name into his lawn and hold his cat for ransom (not that i'm saying it wouldn't work or anything).

If you see a guy you really like, it's best to seize it while you can. Sure it may feel awkward but it's better than always waiting for him to pop the question and it never happening.

'Of newe booke makers there are now moe then ynough' - Thomas More (1533)

Joined in CTF Weirdness to Beckalar, currently located in some forrest somewhere practising witchcraft and being all round crazy cat women..
。◕‿‿◕。

Rockingrappunzel

Rockingrappunzel

Experienced Fellow

• 111 posts
Yeah I'm kinda in that position too. The only guy that has ever asked me out was definitely not for me, and I'm so glad I said no at the time. There's only ever been two guys that I've been properly interested in, and there was always a reason why it could never happen (probably partly due to my shyness) :P It does get me down sometimes, but I don't worry about it too much, because I've got my whole life ahead of me for that. And in the meantime I'm still enjoying having a good time with friends, and my relationship with God.

If you try to rush God, or do your own thing, that's where it goes wrong. So think about how awesome it will be when you meet that guy that God has put aside for you because you were patient.

So don't think about it as waiting. It's an ongoing journey, and you don't have to wait for a guy to come into your life to be happy and fulfil what God has planned for you :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong"

Sandycheekz

Sandycheekz

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Go out to dinner with cool guys Eat eggplant parm. Nothing bad will happen.

Madame Captain

Madame Captain

Member - 5Ker

• 5,528 posts

Go out to dinner with cool guys Eat eggplant parm. Nothing bad will happen.

But what if you don't like eggplant?

Sandycheekz

Sandycheekz

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Well clearly that is a personal failing that you will have to work on.

Skaatergirl

Skaatergirl

Experienced Fellow

• 162 posts
I actually just read something in the Bible today about patience, and waiting.
Waiting is so hard. :(

Madame Captain

Madame Captain

Member - 5Ker

• 5,528 posts

Well clearly that is a personal failing that you will have to work on.

.. So if he likes eggplant I should make an effort to like it as well?

Note: I love eggplant. =D

LunaBee16

LunaBee16

Accomplished Poster

• 424 posts
I can relate, I've been feeling the same way lately (I'm 16 and a senior in hs)! I mean I've only had 2 guys that I've ever liked, but God was telling me one wasn't right for me (He wouldn't let me have classes w/him or get a chance to talk to him, probably a sign); now the second one, he actually liked me back, but unfortunately he likes a few (like 2) others more. ); So now I'm back to square 1. It's hard sometimes, but just think; God knows what He's doing, and even if you're ready it doesn't necessarily mean the other person is.

~Kodocha~Fruits Basket~Soul Eater~Ultra Maniac~Honey and Clover~Blue Exorcist~Charming Junkie~
This is how I'd look if I had bangs and were anime ;D

Boogles

Boogles

Member - 10Ker

• 21,871 posts

You don't even have to "ask him out", be a friend to him and then ask something along the lines of "hey,I wanna keep in touch. got a facebook /email/what's your phone number?" If he says no,then just wait six months and ask again. There's no harm in asking for an email address,even if he's not the metaphorical "one". . :)
If I can get on a more buddy-buddy basis with my crush,I'll sure as heck ask him for his number. >=3
Oh,I may be on the side of the angels; but don't think for one second that I am one. -Sherlock Holmes.
CONJOINED IN MUTUAL WEIRDNESSS WITH THE EVER-SO-GORGEOUS ABIDOLL. <3 <3 Matriarch of TK. Sister of NoelKT5 and Josh.

You has been tagged by the most awesomest Moderator/Counselor that CTF has ever had! Even cooler than Evan, but don't tell Evan. ~Haley<3

ksqt0509

ksqt0509

Member - 1Ker

• 1,180 posts

You don't even have to "ask him out", be a friend to him and then ask something along the lines of "hey,I wanna keep in touch. got a facebook /email/what's your phone number?" If he says no,then just wait six months and ask again. There's no harm in asking for an email address,even if he's not the metaphorical "one". . :)
If I can get on a more buddy-buddy basis with my crush,I'll sure as heck ask him for his number. >=3

Yeah, I get what your saying. Making yourself available to talk to and a friend and stuff to guys you like. Ny mom told me to get guys to like you you have to put the Vibe out there... Lol. Plant the idea in thier heads. Haha. Isn't sad when your parents WANT you to date? Lol

Unfortunately there are currently no guys in ny youth group my age... I guess ill hold out for college nd see who god leads me to meet there. A lot of new possibilities :)

Boogles

Boogles

Member - 10Ker

• 21,871 posts
A retail job is a good place to meet people too. :)
What do you mean "not your age" ? Slightly older, a year older,younger? o.o I've never been in a youth group that did not have guys in the 15-18 range. Albeit I do not advise falling for a 15 year old male as they're more likely to be in love with their xbox than anyone else. :P If they're younger,you can still try to befriend them. Good people skills practice.

Jolerd21

Jolerd21

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 52 posts
Hahaha! I know exactly what you feel like! I'm turning 22 in about a month and I've only ever dated one guy (for 9 months senior year of high school, so 4 years ago?) and before that nothing and after that... nothing :( When I started dating my first bf I prayed for him. Almost literally. I gave God my checklist every night for all of Junior year and had my sights set on my bf best friend (before my bf and I got together), and then I found out once the relationship got going that he (my bf) fit every part of that checklist exactly as I wanted (except for physical looks, which didn't matter a whole lot because my bf was good lookin' just not dark haired like I had envisioned in my head). And then he chose not to be with me anymore. It was a messy break up and took a long time to get over, but since then I've been on one date with one guy and then he moved away. And praying for a new bf isn't working as well as it did last time lol. Your parents want you to date? Mine do too. Almost every time I go home, my dad "casually" brings up marriage and dating relationship stories and advise (all the time trying not to sound too pushy but still I feel like he's obsessed with getting my brother and I to be more romantically minded). College hasn't really helped me find a guy, but idk. I don't really have any advise for ya, because I'm in the same boat for the most part. I don't think God has just one person in mind for us to marry though, so I don't think it's reasonable to just pray and sit around feeling lonely all the time without doing anything about it. But I also do not advise doing anything to get a date, because it's usually not as much fun if you're really not interested in the person or if the person is pushing you to do stuff you don't want to.

ksqt0509

ksqt0509

Member - 1Ker

• 1,180 posts

What do you mean "not your age" ? Slightly older, a year older,younger?

Like honestly, my youth group tends to have mostly girls, the guys in there are 15 and younger. One 16 but he's good friend and dating one of the girls in the youth group, haha. Yeah, I really just don't see myself falling hard for any of the guys in my youth group. We have a pretty small church too, so like 15 or so is a good night in youth.

Hahaha! I know exactly what you feel like! I'm turning 22 in about a month and I've only ever dated one guy (for 9 months senior year of high school, so 4 years ago?) and before that nothing and after that... nothing :( When I started dating my first bf I prayed for him. Almost literally. I gave God my checklist every night for all of Junior year and had my sights set on my bf best friend (before my bf and I got together), and then I found out once the relationship got going that he (my bf) fit every part of that checklist exactly as I wanted (except for physical looks, which didn't matter a whole lot because my bf was good lookin' just not dark haired like I had envisioned in my head). And then he chose not to be with me anymore. It was a messy break up and took a long time to get over, but since then I've been on one date with one guy and then he moved away. And praying for a new bf isn't working as well as it did last time lol. Your parents want you to date? Mine do too. Almost every time I go home, my dad "casually" brings up marriage and dating relationship stories and advise (all the time trying not to sound too pushy but still I feel like he's obsessed with getting my brother and I to be more romantically minded). College hasn't really helped me find a guy, but idk. I don't really have any advise for ya, because I'm in the same boat for the most part. I don't think God has just one person in mind for us to marry though, so I don't think it's reasonable to just pray and sit around feeling lonely all the time without doing anything about it. But I also do not advise doing anything to get a date, because it's usually not as much fun if you're really not interested in the person or if the person is pushing you to do stuff you don't want to.

Not gonna lie, I wish you had said, "College is ammazing and you'll meet a ton of new prospects!" haha.

Ugh, yes. Whenever my dad thinks he finds "a guy" for me, it's insanity. One time, I caught him emailing a guy that had just moved that had been our worship leader about him dating me, a year older than me. I wanted to strangle him! lol.

opalecent

opalecent

Member - 1Ker

• 3,600 posts
Oh goodness, I wish my parents were excited about trying to get me to marry... right now I've been with a guy for around 2 years and it's headed that direction eventually, you have no idea how many lectures I have had about how I need to "play the field" or "date around" >.<

Love is a friendship set to music. ~Eli Joseph Cossman
CTF Daughter to teh awesome Foofer and Kirsty!
~~Icexist has my ♥ - right after Jesus~~
*insert something clever here* < That's your signature tag (: Enjoy! ~Haley<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users