Sign in to follow this  
✟ Keep.Your.Head.Up ✟

How many kids would you prefer in your lifetime?

# of kids  

89 members have voted

1. 1. # of kids

• 5+ ouch

Any, it would eventually depend on how many kids I can provide for in the future, and what God's will is.

But right now I could see myself having 3 kids in the future.

The youngest and eldest are boys, the middle would be a girl. But of course that is entirely out of my control.

I just have to make sure I can provide the best (attention and financial support) for the three,

But if not, then 2 or 1 will be fine. XD

I want to adopt a little girl some day. I have many allergies and health problems, so I would not want to have a child of my own. There are so many kids who are without parents, so it would be good if I could give an abandoned child a good home. I have toyed with the idea of being a single-father if I am not married, when I am firmly established in an adult life, i.e. steady job, decent apartment/house, etc. Not sure any agency would let me adopt like that, though.

I voted 3, but I would actually like to have more than that if possible. But I have allergies and a couple health things that I wouldn't want my kids to face. So I haven't decided if I want them to be biological, adopted, or some biological and some adopted yet. Whatever God's will is really. If he wants me to have 15, then I'll have them, love them, and raise them as he wants me to; to the absoulte best of my abilities. If he only wants me to have 1, same thing. I'd love to have a house full because I love kids.

If this comes out sounding mean, it is just because there is no other way to say it. That is not my intention. But, what do you mean when you say whatever God's Will is? Is that code for not using birth-control?

If this comes out sounding mean, it is just because there is no other way to say it. That is not my intention. But, what do you mean when you say whatever God's Will is? Is that code for not using birth-control?

While I plan to use birth control, I believe that if God wants a woman to concieve it will happen reguardless of birth control. Therefore, I believe that any child is God's will for it to be born. If a family has 20 kids, it's God's will. If they have 1 that is his will also. I support my belief with Romans 8:28. God already know how many children he will bless me and the man I marry with, and it will happen when God sees fit, reguardless of what I put in my body to prevent it.

I don't plan on getting married /=

But if I did find someone, I'd want between 5 and 12 kids.

For the bonus question: Yeahp. Definitely. If my financial status in the future says I can't provide decent education and other... stuff for a child, I'd rather have none.

I feel so weird picking the top box >_< I know I may be nuts but I want between 4-6 :-) I just love kids, I love big bustling houses full of people and I love the craziness of it all. I know a lot of families with 5 and I think thats my ideal number.

Financial situation may change that a bit but I guess we'll see.

I totally agree! :) That is exactly how I feel. I love the always busy feeling, the non-stop craziness! :)

Anyone who voted "1" - now that is just sad. Kids need one another and do much better with siblings. I, however, want a grand total of two. I was raised in a family where I am the oldest of 5. It's fun, and I enjoy it, but I also think my mom is super woman for doing it and has a gift. Note: don't attempt unless you're sure you can handle it. And I am not sure I'd be the best candidate for 5 kids or more - but more power to those who are. :)

I just want one or two. AND PLEASE LET ONE OF THEM BE A BOY!

And even if I was well-off, I'd wouldn't want many kids. I'm more concerned about the stress and exhaustion from raising the kids than the $. Kids are kinda hard to deal with, no matter how rich or poor.

There's a ton of awesome threads that new people never get to see....

It'd depend on who I married. Being the guy the only suffering I have to go through is when my wife breaks my hand during a contraction. That said even though children supposedly do better with siblings I'd rather concentrate on training one at a time. But if the wife wants a big family then who am I to disagree? I live around a bunch of Mennonite families - 19 kids anyone? :blink:

Ohoho, I've given this matter a great deal of thought, starting when I was 13. Back then I was settled on four but I think my perfect number right now would be three.

Why? Well, I have two sisters and it's always worked out splendidly. If I only had one other sibling I wouldn't have any alternatives if she was occupied. The nice thing is with three kids, your family's still small enough that a highly mobile lifestyle won't be too complicated - and that's very important for me.

I love having siblings and I couldn't imagine being an only child - I'd hate having my parents' full attention on me all the time! We've moved around so much in my lifetime and I've lost a lot of friends but I know I will always have my sisters, even though we're currently living on three different continents. I want my kids to have that same experience and the same closeness with their brothers and sisters.

Anyway. Three is a nice number.