Sign in to follow this  
rupella

Governor Rick Perry Execution Coverup Scandal

Deeper are you saying regardless of whether it it manslaughter or murder, that they merit the death penalty?

Oh no, sorry I was saying that there is a penalty for both murder and manslaughter but one is taken more serious and deserves the death penalty where the other may only get jail time. If it's an accident I do not believe death should be the penalty.

I was going to vote for this guy until i found out he was a good ole boy who was FAR too right wing for me. And you know that's something if someone is TOO conservative. I don't mean in a good way

Andrew, before I answer that question, can I get your opinion on what makes a murderer forfeit their life vs someone who committed manslaughter who (I assume) wouldn't?

The difference is simply whether or not it's on purpose.

I have never had any personal experience to address this situation with, so I can only discuss this from what I understand. I don't understand how taking a person's life is the proper thing to do in this situation. The person, in my opinion, should get some sort of time to repent and make amends for his actions rather than just killed. By killing someone like that we could prevent God from working a greater glory through the situation. Paul himself, one of the greatest evangelists in the history of Christianity, had the blood of an untold number of Christians on his hands. I simply don't see how death is the proper course of action for Christians to support, when there is still a chance for Christ to come into their lives and change their hearts.

I agree. One guy (can't think of his name at this moment...) who murdered quite a few people had this live turn around and now is a prison minister

Death penalty is playing God

The difference is simply whether or not it's on purpose.

But why does that make such a large difference? The debt owed to society is still the same. Why does purpose matter to justice?

I'd also like to note that I'm just asking you these questions to try to understand your side of it. I'm not trying to annoy you or anything like that. I apologize if it is.

I agree. One guy (can't think of his name at this moment...) who murdered quite a few people had this live turn around and now is a prison minister

Death penalty is playing God

It's funny you should say that, seeing as God once gave us a list of reasons to kill people. And things much less than murder were on that list.

But why does that make such a large difference? The debt owed to society is still the same. Why does purpose matter to justice?

I'd also like to note that I'm just asking you these questions to try to understand your side of it. I'm not trying to annoy you or anything like that. I apologize if it is.

It makes a large difference because on one hand you have something that wasn't intended to happen, and on the other you have a person who's actually out to harm society purposely. When it's an accident, it most likely won't happen again. If they did it on purpose, they have the capacity to keep it up.

Again, it's all about justice. Justice is fair and reasonable treatment. If someone kills someone as a genuine accident, it's simply not fair or reasonable to kill them.