Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Dog

The Promise

"So how long has she been at the bottle?", Sandra asked. "Ever since her cousin died. It really tore her up y'know," Carla said. They were walking along 54th street, on a cold November day. "I know it did, Carla... But Lizzie didn't have to start drinking because of it." "Trust me, I agree with you... But she's started and I don't know what to do. I'm worried about her." The wind started to slowly but surely pick up. The two friends started to walk into the coffee shop to order a latte, but sadly, it was closed. They both walked home silent. When Carla got to Sandra's house, they both got out. Quietly, Carla said, "Honestly, I think she's been drinking longer than when her cousin died." Sandra just looked at her, tears forming in her subtle green eyes. She didn't know how to reply to that. "Why...?" "Well I mean... I dunno. Ever since she met that guy in Tennessee, she's been, well... Different." "Yeah, I agree she has been acting strange." The two kind of chuckled. "How long were they there again?" "Just a day..."

Author's Note: Okay, to be truthfully honest with y'all, I really don't like the start of the story. Now with that being said, I do not want any critiques or anything, because I am telling this story from MY point of view. This is half-true, and half-not... Yeah... I'd better not say anything else, lest I spoil it! ...And hopefully I can keep this one going. Unlike my others, which have been abused and left alone for so long. Am I supposed to finish them, or just scrap them? I don't really know how this story is going to go... So just please bear with me, alright?

Chapter 1

Lizzie was busy lazing on the couch the next morning, daydreaming about the guy from Tennessee. "He's so frickin' adorable...", she muttered to herself. Then the pain hit. Ever since she left that blasted place, where that god of a man was... She thought he walked on water, that guy from Tennessee. "Funny thing is though", Lizzie thought to herself as she got up from the couch to waltz to the kitchen. "I bet if he tried to walk on water, he would fall in. Hahaha." She then opened the fridge to find her long-necked bottle sitting there. "Hello, old friend...", she smiled as she said the words. Clutching the bottle, she opened it with surprising ease. "If not thinking about it won't make me forget, getting drunk sure will," she sighed as she sat back down and took a sip of the tangy drink. It wasn't as if she wanted this. She didn't want it at all, she had no idea it would have happened, she had NO IDEA it would have been that easy for her to fall for a guy. But it did. It was... And she did. She fell so gosh-darn hard that when they left, as she watched the sun go down on that Tennessee evening, she felt a tear unknowingly roll down her face. She gave in, and they continued to fall. "Why...? Why, Rick... Why?" She knew exactly when she fell. When she looked into his eyes... To the second floor... Alone... Nervous... Fidgety, at best... She had always wondered why an elevator didn't want to plummet down into the depths of darkness... Now, she knew why...

The next few days went by fast, for he was all she thought about... That day... So cold and bitter. "*Sigh* I miss him so much...", she whispered to herself as she wiped a tear from her eye. The thoughts grew cloudy as he filled her subtle mind. She decided to call up Sandra and vent. After the 3rd ring, Sandra picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl."

"I'm thinking of him, and I just wanted to get him off my mind."

"Do you now?"

"No... Maybe..."

"Awww... Is someone in looove?"

"I think I am. I mean... This is the first time I have felt like this..."

"Well, just be careful. For all you know, your heart could be tricking you."

"Yeah... I-I don't think it is... I hate to say this... But I think I'm in love with him."

"Honestly, I think you are deceiving yourself... Have you told him how you felt?"

"No..."

"Why not?"

"I'm scared..."

"Scared of what, girl? You know I got yo' back!"

"Hahaha, yeah... I dunno, honestly."

"Maybe you should... Talk to him about it?"

"I'll try to..."

"Okay... I've got to go help mom with dinner, so I gotta go. Bye Lizzie."

"Bye Sandra..."

*Click*

Lizzie hung up the phone slowly, thinking about what Sandra had told her... Could this really be love? Or something else entirely? She had no idea. She didn't want to have an idea, because she was scared of him... Scared of what he'd think. He seemed like the kind of shy type. Shy, but sweet. He had proved to her that there are still good guys out there. They may have not wanted her, for her low self-esteem prevented that. She was lying to herself thinking that he loved her. "He couldn't love me... I'm a mess..." ...And with that, the tears came once again. "I have GOT to stop this!", she said between sobs. "This is utterly RIDICULOUS!!! We weren't even there a whole DAY!" She hated that she fell so fast. But it was like she couldn't help it... He didn't try to catch her, so she just kept on falling...

Niice

Thank you.

Chapter 3

January had always been cold, where Lizzie lived. It had never snowed. Last time it snowed it was in March, and so little at that. "I wish it would've snowed there... Would have been so beautiful...", she lamented to herself. She then laughed at herself and her daydreams. If she closed her eyes she could almost see Rick and herself, walking through the snow, hand in hand. If she opened them, she got sad... But the thought still lingered. "Hmm... I wonder if he's at home...", she said aloud. Lizzie then got up from where she sat and dug through her purse to find her phone. "I really need a new purse, this one is so junky... Ugh...", she thought, disgusted. She waited about 10 minutes for her phone turn on. "Why are you so slow at turning on, little phone? Why?", she thought, making a pouty face. When it finally turned on, she found his name in her Contacts list. She texted "Hi." She waited. And waited. And waited. Then... "*Ding*" She scurried to her phone, excited. "Heya." It was him. Rick had texted her. She immediately texted him back. "Hi Rickie, how are you? ^_^" "Good. You?" "I'm great!" The unseen smile on her face could easily tell that. "So... What's up?" "Oh, nothing much really. Just studying." She didn't want him to know she was this bad-off, and not even 2 months after they met up. "Hm. That's cool. Studying for what?" "Chemistry test." He texted back: "Ugh, hate Chem.." She was glad they had that in common. "So... How's your family doing?" Random questions... Oh how she loved them... "They're good. How are yours?" "They're fine." She wondered about the truth of that statement, since of her family didn't even speak to her or her mom. "Okay... Well I gotta get goin'. Ttyl! Bye." "Bye Rickie." She wanted to text "I love you.", but it was just too difficult. So she left it alone.

Update: This story has a theme song... Quite a few, actually... ^_^

No. 1 is:

Chapter 4 - Part 1

The next few weeks were full of tears and undesired anger. She tried to get that guy off of her mind but the more she drank, the worse the thoughts got. In those few weeks, the rage had emerged from within her. She gulped down the bottle, and then chunked it at the bare wall in front of her. Two or three bottles a day was her limit. It was all she could really stand. She didn't ever want to leave the house. Her mother had forced her to get out and socialize with others. Her socializing, defined simply, was her walking around the neighborhood daydreaming. That had been her staple point for all of this. What kept her going. Her daydreams and thoughts of him. "If I don't daydream, who knows what would happen?", she thought, afraid for herself and those around her. She had texted Rick on and off the past few days, just wanting to talk. Either he was too busy and couldn't respond, or he just hated her guts. The latter of which she hoped to God was not true. She decided to try and text him. Though "try" is used as a very loose term, knowing he'd be busy or wouldn't respond, she tried anyway. "Hi, how are you?" "Good, you?" Right away, a response. She smiled. "I'm alright. Walking around the neighborhood." "Be careful, there are zombies." "Yeah. If those zombies are trees, then yes there are a lot of zombies." "Haha." "Lol." "Sooo, I heard from a little bluebird you've been drinking." Oh dear God... He knew. "Yeah..." "Why do u do it? I mean, why do u drink?" As she looked at the text, she felt herself start to break. "To stop the pain." She wanted to write 'of leaving you' beside those words, but she didn't. "I promise I'll stop." "Okay." "I'm sorry." "It's okay. I have addictions too." "To what?", she wrote back. It felt like forever before he finally answered.

Song #2:

Chapter 4 - Part 2

"Drugs.", the word was on the screen plain as anything. She couldn't believe what she had just read. How could he be into something so destructive? "...Are you serious?" "Well... I just do it every once in a while." Her heart felt like it stopped dead in its tracks. Hearts don't "stop dead". They slow down, and then stop. Who's telling the story here??? Sorry. I was just informing you. By the way, are you sure you should break the Fourth Wall now? Yeah. Why shouldn't I? Just asking... Well don't... Okay, ANYWAY... She had to feel of it to make sure it was still beating. It was. She found herself pacing back and forth, sobbing her eyes out for what she had just read. "Why, Rick?" "I don't know." That's not what was SAID!! Hey, BACK OFF okay?! I don't remember what was said. Sor-ry. "Well... How long?" "A while..." "Oh... I'm sorry." "It's okay, it's not your fault. So how are you?" "I'm... I'm okay, you?" "I'm good." "That's good." She sighed. She didn't know what to say to him at this point. He had tried to call her, but she didn't answer. She flipped the phone over, and just let it ring. She started back crying again, while lightly shaking. She thought she was going to break for real this time. Did she? I mean, did she break? She broke...

Chapter 5

The next morning Lizzie was very numb. She couldn't even think straight. She had woken up at 4:00 AM, last night. No doubt woken up by what was revealed to her the night before. That day at lunch, she was having leftovers... "You need to eat Lizzie." "Okay...", she mumbled. She couldn't even eat, it had shaken her up so bad. "You're not getting up from the table until you do.", her mom said firmly. She felt like she wanted to cry, but she held the tears back. "Okay..." Her mom went outside, and slammed the door at her daughter's ignorance. Her mom had no idea. She would never tell. That was her secret to keep. When her mom came back inside, Lizzie had almost eaten all of her food. When she got done eating she silently, without a word, went back to her room. She went over to her computer, sat down in the chair, and started to silently cry.