WahooPunch

Do You Pray Before Eating?

Do you pray for your food?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you pray for your food?

• Yes, always!
    • No, never.
    • Yeah. Sometimes...

i try to every meal unless I am just eating a smack because I figure I do not need it and it is not a meal, but I try to for the three main meals a day and rarely forget.

"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink."

Gilbert K. Chesterton

I approve.

Obviously I don't what with being a godless heathen.

"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink."

Gilbert K. Chesterton

That seems time consuming, and who dips pens into ink anymore?

Is it just me, or was that Acuff article a little disrespectful? Prayer is about thanking God for what He's provided us, not categorizing what things deserve prayer and what don't.

On topic, I pray before meals sometimes but usually give thanks when I'm not even about to eat.

I think the Acuff article was poking fun at what we as Christians do, not being serious at all. The point seems to be that we shouldn't be trying to classify when we pray or not. I think it's rather amusing, myself.

Is it just me, or was that Acuff article a little disrespectful? Prayer is about thanking God for what He's provided us, not categorizing what things deserve prayer and what don't.
Nah, he's a very sarcastic person. He's trying to be funny. :) I think it's funny.