Sign in to follow this  
Reincarnate

Human slaughterhouse discovered in Tripoli

Rebel forces mopping up the last remnants of Gaddafi regime resistance in Tripoli have discovered a warehouse containing the charred skeletons of scores of prisoners killed and burned as troops fled.

Residents who live nearby the site, near the southern Tripoli headquarters of Libya's most feared military unit, the Khamis Brigade, loyal to Col Gaddafi's youngest son, say they heard the sounds of shooting and explosions on Tuesday evening.

They were unable to leave their homes to investigate while fighting in the area continued, but on Friday night rebel forces captured the base and drove out the remaining fighters. Yesterday morning, residents and rebel forces moved in to discover the still-warm remains of at least 53 people.

Eight bodies, hands bound, had been left decomposing outside the shed. Inside, the remainder had been burned as they lay, the canisters of petrol still lying in the corners among the bodies, which were still warm. Locals told The Sunday Telegraph that up to 150 people were thought to have been killed there.

The horrific find, which could add to evidence in any future war crimes prosecution of the Libyan leader, came as Libyan rebels admitted that they had no concrete information on where he might be hiding.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8727498/Human-slaughterhouse-discovered-in-Tripoli.html

This is why they fight.

I don't think this is what the OP intended, but the title somehow suggested to me that it wouldn't be so bad if the slaughterhouse was found elsewhere like, say, in Cuba.

I don't think this is what the OP intended, but the title somehow suggested to me that it wouldn't be so bad if the slaughterhouse was found elsewhere like, say, in Cuba.

seriouslyChan.png

Imagine seeing it with your own eyes, compared to just reading about it.

Lol at hippie.

I am glad that the Libyan rebels have pursued the situation as far as they have, and they are on the brink of defeating the situation. This is one of those things that not many people really care much about, but it's so revolutionary and implements so much change for a nation in need.

I'm glad this isn't going on in China...or North Korea....or Syria..wait, we're already bombing Syria. Honestly this kind of thing is terrible in any case. I mean, it's so bad that Iran is actually sending "humanitarian" aid to the rebels. Who knew that, in the words of Tina Fey, "Terror loving terrorists" would help fight another terrorist alongside the US?

This is very disturbing.

And umm... dammed isn't actually a swear word. The context he used it in was swearing.

Still, though. =p

there are no such thing as "bad" words, just words used with bad intent :-)

Very well said. =)