Sign in to follow this  
HaleyGirl16

The New Weight Loss Buddy Thread :)

Hey! I joined ctf soo long ago, and am just getting back on after a couple years. I'm asking for your prayers, advice, etc for my health//body image. I'm not overweight, but I struggle with my weight and am not as healthy as I could be. I've been active and in shape most of my life, but since I graduated and started working fulllll timeeee at a BAKERY, it's been really hard to find time to work out.

So prayers//advice//love in general please!!!

I'm also looking for a genuine healthy eating + exercise accountability partner who will both encourage me and call me out! Anyone else looking for one? :)

Thanksss!!! :)

Definitely praying. Jump in on the accountability :)

Thanks! I just bought some sweet, spankin' new running shoes, and the weather's looking good for much of the week (I live in WI. Can kinda be a motivation-killer when you go to run, and everything is covered in ice and snow. :redface:) Looking to get some good runs in this week!! :)

Did a biggest loser workout video today. I'm exhausted. Lol.

How is everyone else doing?

It's nearing Sunday again, and, Sunday = Church, Church = One Big Giant Family Reunion, Family Reunion = Food.

I've been in trouble. I keep putting everything I make into my mouth! I'm about to make a deconstructed apple pie, and, I'm scared to see how that's going to turn out.

*sigh* I need a better willpower, apparently.

I think the problem with a lot of the the "plans" I've drawn up in the past is that they either are too big of a change all at once, or they aren't gradual enough to help me actually form better habits. So my friend and I came up with a plan to add three new goals every week to strive for.

they will be small changes, so that it isn't difficult but its helping. I'll let you know how it goes, if it interests anyone! :D

It's nearing Sunday again, and, Sunday = Church, Church = One Big Giant Family Reunion, Family Reunion = Food. I've been in trouble. I keep putting everything I make into my mouth! I'm about to make a deconstructed apple pie, and, I'm scared to see how that's going to turn out. *sigh* I need a better willpower, apparently.
I know how that goes. I grew up in the south, where's there's good food, and lots of it. Have you ever tried just doing three platefuls (or less) at big church meals? First plate, SALAD.(if it's available) Fill up on healthyness so you have less room for junk. If it's not available, skip to plate 2. On plate 2 get a small spoonful (or two if it's your favoritest thing ever) of every entree/side you like. A little hunk of meat, some macaroni salad, a roll, or whatever you want. Get lots of little bites so you can taste everything and not feel like you're missing out. And eat it slowly. The slower you eat, the faster you'll fill up. Plate 3 dessert. Again, get a little bite of everything and then call it quits. One cookie tastes exactly the same as 6, but with less guilt. And again EAT SLOWLY. If you're done eating before everyone else, help yourself to some coffee or tea and then just walk around and talk to people. It's hard to shove food in when you've got words coming out.

I walk every day. I haven't kept track of my weight, but I know I've lost a lot of weight just looking at pictures from the fall of 2010. Other people have said they noticed a difference aswell.

Now I have to get my eating habits under control. ;)

Okie dokie. I need motivation to start working out again. XD (Everything I lost I put back on. ;-;)

So anyway. It sounds a little extreme, but I'm starting slow. XD I'm gonna start doing Parkour training. Starting with running endurance, obviously. ._. I'm not gonna be doing any of that fancy crap yet. XD I would kill myself. <.<

But yeah...I found a daily workout that actually seems doable for my fitness level. The first week is barely a mile of running. *shrug*

Hi,

Everyone one want to loose weight but go on dieting is not the solution. I think aerobic is the best exercise to loose weight. You should do daily one hour aerobic, you can see difference in a month.

Okay, I think after just years of self loathing, starting and stopping, I'm ready, I think having a weight loss buddy would really help out. But I really don't have any idea of where to start. I figure a few mile runs a day should do me some justice, and then some resistance training. I really want to take a kick boxing class, get some of that extra aggression out.

As I've posted in the other thread, healthy eating, avoiding unhealthy, processed food, exercise is a must both aerobic and strength training and the most of all determination and believe in yourself. Exercising and eating healthy can be boring in the beginning and you can feel your resolution slipping. So if you've a fitness or exercise buddy, it will keep you motivated and right on track. 

Avoid sugar/high fructose corn syrup/corn syrup. THEY ARE ALL SUGAR. 

And look at all the labels on processed food. Look at the sugar, and then look at the actual ingredients. I bet that you'll find one of the corn syrups in there, and you'll be surprised at how much sugar is in this-or-that.

This documentary is very revealing, and if you seriously think you're obese. Which you aren't, then this diet will get you thinnner than any diet foods you see on internet and TV.

Fed Up <---- is a link. Click on it.

"Conclusion. Should you by watch Fed Up? Absolutely! It is a great reminder how bad sugar can be in large quantities and how hard it is to avoid sugar in our daily lives. Just don’t forget we all have a personal responsibility to make better choices about the food we eat and calories we intake."

Edited by paraskeve

High fructose corn syrup actually makes you want to eat more

I'mnot kidding.

Skinny as I am, I wouldn't say I am 100% healthy. I used to eat a lot of that stuff because its in processed foods. But when we moved to stuff free of it, one time I went back and ate a can of spagetti o's and meatballs courtesy of Campbell's

I couldn't STOP eating. XD

HFCS gives me a weaird, headachy feeling. All sugar increases my hunger pangs. I haven't eaten bread in about 2 weeks and  i've lost about 4 pounds. o.o

Avoid sugar/high fructose corn syrup/corn syrup. THEY ARE ALL SUGAR. 

And look at all the labels on processed food. Look at the sugar, and then look at the actual ingredients. I bet that you'll find one of the corn syrups in there, and you'll be surprised at how much sugar is in this-or-that.

This documentary is very revealing, and if you seriously think you're obese. Which you aren't, then this diet will get you thinnner than any diet foods you see on internet and TV.

Fed Up <---- is a link. Click on it.

"Conclusion. Should you by watch Fed Up? Absolutely! It is a great reminder how bad sugar can be in large quantities and how hard it is to avoid sugar in our daily lives. Just don’t forget we all have a personal responsibility to make better choices about the food we eat and calories we intake."

Paraskave i think you miss the point which is related to green tea...... i'm sure green tea is one of the biggest weapon for control your weight.

Paraskave i think you miss the point which is related to green tea...... i'm sure green tea is one of the biggest weapon for control your weight.

Nope it isn't.

Drink tea all you want, if you're downing a bacon cheeseburger and large fry 2 times a week, all the tea in the world won't help. It's mostly diet, the food you eat or don't eat, that helps, and exercise amplifies the effect.

I ate clean/Paleo for a month last year and lost 30 pounds. And I never once drank green tea. That stuff is gross. X.X

Edited by Boogles

Lost 12kg in 4 months. I eat less carbs and regularly walk in the park for 30-45 minutes.