Sign in to follow this  
mckdawg04

When did you know. . .that you were in love?

When and how did you figure out that you were in love?

I'm talking about at anytime in your life and with whoever it might have been. It could be an old high school flame, your current spouse, or whoever.

I'm just curious as to how you came to realize you were in love with someone.

For me it was a blossoming of a friendship. I realized one day I could see myself spending my life with him, and fortunately he realized the same thing around the same time. We're 2 years into dating and couldn't be happier <3

I don't think I can pinpoint one exact moment... it was kind of a gradual thing. Like Opal said, it started out as a friendship. Then I started to realize that I was telling him things I don't talk about with anyone else, and he ended up becoming my best friend. We eventually started saying things about not wanting to be with anyone else, and finally just decided to give this relationship thing a shot. Ever since the first day we were official, the "gradual ascent into love" hasn't stopped. We've been going strong for 2 years now. <3

I mean, it's something you have to work at. I don't view love as something you just fall into. You fall in holes. :3 I see love as a process. One that betters myself while encouraging him. It's a constant battle with our natural selfishness. It's realizing that you aren't just you anymore. It takes actual effort to maintain a loving relationship. I'm not saying that it's like work because I rather enjoy it. It's fulfilling to put someone else before yourself. :3

One day, the penny drops on your head and you realise you're in love. Simple as that.

YES! I was totally hoping for this answer! ;P

One day, the penny drops on your head and you realise you're in love. Simple as that.

Lol. That's kinda true... :P

I agree with the penny drops on your head bit. It is a rather sudden realisation I think.

I fell in love with someone gradualy we became very close friends I had some feelings early on but completely passed them off. Well I thought I loved him more like a brother. And one day it hit me in the face like a fish (who hits someone with a ton of bricks anyways? I refuse to use such an absurd figure of speach) that I loved this person, more then anyone else.

I think I crossed over into the "I love him" phase when I got passed my "I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM! D:" Phase. Once I realized that having him was more of a gift and a blessing than a necessity. When I realized that he chose me, not that we were stuck together. When I realized that we COULD live without each other...but we didn't want to. x3

I think I crossed over into the "I love him" phase when I got passed my "I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM! D:" Phase. Once I realized that having him was more of a gift and a blessing than a necessity. When I realized that he chose me, not that we were stuck together. When I realized that we COULD live without each other...but we didn't want to. x3

Fiath, that was awemazing... o_o

i dated a guy back in 8th grade and i ended up breaking up with him just cuz it was really hard to see each other and do things and he was messed up at the time. but we still stayed really good friends for a long time and still are and he was always someone i always cared for and i enjoyed being with him. we never got back together though we had several attempts to throughout high school but i think he was the first guy i truly "fell" for.