Sign in to follow this  
aussieincal

Dragon Age Origins

I was randomly on youtube. Found some random games people were playing and watching. I saw this game called "Rage" which was about humans after some apocalyptic episode and waking up from the past in this time period. This game was a bit too horror oriented for my liking. It would be one of the games Id watch someone play but have no real desire to play it myself.

Anyway, then I stumbled upon Dragon Age Origins. I later found out Dragon Age II was released. I watched some videos of Dragon Age Origins, I really enjoy Medieval fiction genre in general. Normally I dislike single player games which are an epic quest. I later found on Amazon an EA sponsored download for Mac! I could not believe my eyes. I never really considered digital download but I thought, eeh what the hay. It looks challenging. I never really got into M rated games, however, this one just has some blood here and there which apparently makes a game rated M. It says 4-13hours download time. I bought the game after thinking about it if I didn't make that clear. I work a 7.25 hour shift at work today, get off close to 10pm, its downloading faster than expected. I guess my "mac" computer company decided to finally enable digital download of some cool windows games. Or maybe it was the doing of EA expanding their market base, who knows. Has anyone played through the entire game? It seems like a legitimate use of my potential gaming time. I shall decide whether the 19.95 was worth it. haha. Share your thoughts :)

oh dragon age. I've done one playthrough of it, it's no mass effect (my opinion) but it's a still a great Bioware game. If you don't know anything about Bioware let me just tell you that you're in for a lot of reading. Its a great fantsy RPG where you can choose your class and level up your character but what's particular about Bioware games is that the decsions you make in the game through your choices effect your game play, so you could potentially play it over and over and over again without ever having to play the same game twice. My opinion is that it's a solid game but when it comes down to it, I'd rather play mass effect (i'm more into science fiction than fantasy, also I like a main character that can talk).

P.S. it's not just M rated for violence, there's some 'romance' options you can choose. So you get maybe 30 seconds of an awkward sex scene between your charaters, if you so choose to romance them. It's not graphic or anything though.

P.P.S. More people who played the first one first hated the second one. If you've never played any sort or RPG or the original dragon age the second is ok. I haven't played it myself because I don't want to believe Bioware can do anything wrong or half asked, so I just avoid it and pretend it doesn't exist.

This game is pretty cool. I liked the totally in-your-face alternate interpretation of the Elves. In every other fiction I've read/watched/played, they've been these immortal, godlike beings who can do no wrong, but in this game, they are opressed minorities with weak genes. Pretty interesting.