Sign in to follow this  
ksqt0509

Michelle Duggar Miscarries

Granted, she ought to have given up before - I think being unable to deliver a child naturally is a good sign from God that you ought to stop. It still doesn't take away from the fact that they've lost a child, though.

I do wonder what they'll do if their children have moderately sized families - say 4-6 - though, given that that would mean they'd have may 100 grandchildren in the next few decades, and when they become great-grandparents, they'd have a full nation on their hands...

Thank you, this is exactly what I was thinking!

Wow, I've been away from CTF for awhile but I am thoroughly disappointed to hear many people's reactions to this.

My heart goes out to any woman or family that experiences a miscarriage.

I question why people are so interested in whether or not this family chooses to have more children. They are not taking money from the government and seem (though of course I cannot judge nor can any of you) to give more attention to their twenty children than some parents give to their one or two children. If they want to have more children, it's none of our business.

Respectful treatment isn't a right, it's a privilege not granted to fools [mod edit], such as the Duggars.

Actually, courtesy is a requisite for being part of this forum. You can criticize the Duggars all you want, but there's a line: CTF is here for decent conversation between respectful people, and we won't tolerate people who would ruin that for us.

--

Is this logic sound:

Well, if God didn't want her to have access to modern medical technology, she would have been born in the dense Borneo forest or the sparse Sahara desert.

No. If this were true, God wouldn't put people in the position to sin. As they do, it's clear that possibility and goodness are not one and the same, but there are evil possibilities.

Of course I don't think medical tech is evil, but that's beside the point.

No. If this were true, God wouldn't put people in the position to sin. As they do, it's clear that possibility and goodness are not one and the same, but there are evil possibilities.

Of course I don't think medical tech is evil, but that's beside the point.

You are really confused here. Sin has nothing to do with medical access. Everytime God puts people in the position to sin, he also gives them free will to choose to not sin. With medical access, it's a matter of fatalism, as you can't choose to have medical access, anymore than you can choose to be born in modern times in a first-world country in a family with the financial means to afford healthcare.

There is always this aspect of fatalism in Christianity. God, in His infinite wisdom, puts you in position X, and another person in position Y, who are you to question His wisdom? The believer just have to accept this inequality.

You are really confused here. Sin has nothing to do with medical access. Everytime God puts people in the position to sin, he also gives them free will to choose to not sin. With medical access, it's a matter of fatalism, as you can't choose to have medical access, anymore than you can choose to be born in modern times in a first-world country in a family with the financial means to afford healthcare.

Ah, I misread your post. I thought you were arguing that because God gives her access to medical tech, medical tech is necessarily a good thing.

But no, you're right. There's nothing about using medical tech that contradicts God's sovereignty.

Thats so awful :( I'll be praying for them, and I really hope Michelle considers her own health now.

"You were just a small bump unborn for four months, then torn from life.

Maybe you were needed up there, but we're still un-aware as why..."