Sign in to follow this  
Madame Captain

Can Rape Exist Between a Married Couple?

Yes or No?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

I certainly don't believe in a man forcing his wife. But when you marry, you become one. You cannot rape yourself.

I certainly don't believe in a man forcing his wife. But when you marry, you become one. You cannot rape yourself.
Following that logic, it means that a man can give birth to a child. Where's a Darwin award when you need one.

Its not a form of logic Wesker. Its Spiritual.

So when you call "spiritual" you can make up any sort of answer you want, and not have to maintain logical consistency in the slightest? Just so we are clear you are admitting that your position that husbands cannot rape their wives is completely illogical?

Do you think a husband/wife murdering their wife/husband is committing suicide?

Well, you can argue with the verses. Have a nice day.

Ge 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mr 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

The couple may be "one flesh", but as individuals they still need to love and respect each other. If one of you really doesn't want sex that night, the other one still doesn't have the right to force themselves onto their spouse, or even harass them into doing it.

Ge 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Mt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mr 10:8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Since when does "one flesh" mean one person?

The couple may be "one flesh"' date=' but as individuals they still need to love and respect each other. If one of you really doesn't want sex that night, the other one still doesn't have the right to force themselves onto their spouse, or even harass them into doing it.[/quote']

Becoming one means treating the other just as you would yourself. If having sex, or not having it, is such an issue where one of those situations is created, there are major problems. A spouse should never refuse to the point where advances are viewed as harassment, neither should a spouse press the issue once they know its not a good time. You wouldn't want to be refused, neither would you want to be harassed. So do neither. Love the other person, and they will do the same for you.

Wow, Siamese twins suddenly has a new definition!

Seriously, are you saying that husbands don't beat their wives? After all, going by your "logic" or "spiritual reasoning", that is impossible. Are you, then, calling abused wives liars since it is impossible for their husbands to beat them? You are completely taking the above verses out of their context!

Yes, i believe it's called Marital Rape, and i personally see it as a form of sexual abuse, which can and does exist in marriage. If someone can abuse their spouse, they can rape them.

The implications of what you are saying are enormous. You are essentially saying that as far as you are concerned a husband cant rape his wife, which means that he can have sexual intercourse with her whenever he wants, using force if necessary because he is 'doing it to himself'. Do you honestly think that god would condone a situation where it is deemed okay for a man to put a woman through the trauma and pain that comes with rape? Can you really see him sitting up there going, my poor child, she is sad, but she has no reason to be, because what he just did to her is perfectly acceptable.

Rape in my eyes, is rap. Even the idea that marriage gives a man the right to violate a woman in such an intimate way is something I can not even begin to consider.

Well, if you want to go Scriptural Jesus said the most important commandment was to love the Lord your God, but also EQUALLY important is to love your neighbor as you love yourself. Last I checked, when you love yourself, you do not abuse yourself. We are commanded to above all LOVE. Rape completely goes against love. So yeah.

Rape is sex without consent.

Marriage still allows people to withhold consent to sex; nobody is 'entitled' to sex.

So if a married man has sex with his wife without consent, that is rape.

This isn't particularly difficult.

Rape is simply sex forced upon someone without their consent or wish to do so, so yes rape can definitely exist between a married couple.

No mater the relationship between the two individuals involved, both side have the right to reject or deny intercourse. If the refuse and it is forced onto them as defined by law then it is rape. Rape is rape. Marriage is nothing to hide behind. In the case of rape, marriage is nothing more then words on paper. 

Guest Mike Spero

I'm amused. So very amused BWHAHAHAHA!

Not by the topic, rape is not funny and can definitely exist in marriage. BUT so many people who strive to be offensive have gotten totally offended and are now playing the "you monsters" card in return. My, does the maniacal side of me love the looks of this UuU

Anywho,

Rape can exist within a marriage. Just because it's a "Spiritual bond" for Christian spouses who truly love each other, does not mean if the husband is stupid enough to come home drunk that he cannot hurt his wife tragically. Emotional and physical abuse exist commonly in modern-marriages, and just because they have a slip of paper that says they're married does not imply a spiritual bond. I would formally believe that acts such as that are impossible between a loving couple who are truly bonded as God calls us to, but even if somehow it did (say, under the influence of liquor) that does not mean it didn't happen. Do we not share a spiritual bond with Christ? And do we not sin again Him daily?

It's not rocket science, it's: "can you hurt your wife". The answer is clearly yes

Edited by Mike Spero

Guest Mike Spero

Necroposts. All the necroposts. 

resized_horrorcat-meme-generator-oh-god-