Sign in to follow this  
rupella

Iranian Ninja Women

link

Ninjutsu is considered to be one of the deadliest forms of martial arts in the world. But this doesn’t deter the 3,500 odd Iranian women who are currently receiving official training in the sport.

In fact, when I saw a video of these women in action, I was awestruck by their agility and the ease with which they performed gravity-defying stunts and back flips. I couldn’t even tell that the ninjas were female until they removed the masks from their faces. Iran, like many other Islamic countries, has stringent rules regarding the freedom and conduct of women. The laws severely restrict them from participating freely in society; perhaps this is where they derive their quiet strength from. The Ninjustu school in Iran was started in 1989 by Sensei Akbar Faraji. This was the first time the martial art was introduced to the country. While the club now has over 24,000 members, the number of female participants is slowly on the rise. According to Faraji, in Ninjutsu, men are called ninjas, while women are addressed as kunoichi.

:blush:

Guest JAG

Awesome! Still, i'd rather have a shotgun than 10 years worth of hand to hand training.

Awesome! Still, i'd rather have a shotgun than 10 years worth of hand to hand training.

Easy way out James :P

Guest JAG
easy ... Nothing honorable about it either :)

Hand to hand combat is best

dishonorable, or intelligent?

dishonorable, or intelligent?

Dishonorable James ...

Since the original article is talking about learning hand to hand combat, and defending yourself with hand to hand combat ... bringing a gun to a fight in which your opponent has no gun is dishonorable, weak. It would be similar as shooting somebody who is retreating in the back of the head - to you that may be intelligent, to me thats weak and dishonorable. period. Learn hand to hand combat, its much more impressive.

Meh, I think I'd take the hand to hand combat. Your gonna run out of bullets sooner then later (unless your in a movie :laugh:)

I can't help but agree!

Now whether that's because of my Texan roots or my lack of agility, I don't know.