Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chaiteaandpaint

Christian Indie/Folk Bands?

Hey there.

I'm a HUGE fan of indie/folk music. I enjoy Roy LaMontagne, Mimicking Birds, Mumford and Sons, Alexi Murdoch, etc.

But I'm also a big Christian music fan. I ADORE Switchfoot, and also enjoy Starfield, Tenth Ave. North, and the City Harmonic.

So naturally, I'd LOVE to find Indie/folk Christian bands. I've been looking around at different sites and have found Future of Forestry, Sara Groves, and Josh Garrels. I quite like them all and would be interested in filling up my iPod with more of this stuff. Any other input you may have is welcome!

Thanks and God bless!

Thanks so much both of you!

Craigsnedeker, that site is just amazing, I think I might be hooked!

WahooPunch, thank you! Fiction Family has been a favourite of mine for a while actually, too. Jon Foreman is basically the best singer ever. Derek Webb sounds good as well.

Yeah, I came into this thread to suggest Josh Garrels. He's great. There's also The Welcome Wagon, which is very folksy/americana-ish. Psalters is really, really interesting... experimental folk revival... can't really describe it.

Dude, I'm a huge fan of Christian Indie/Alternative.

Here's my list:

The Undeserving

LOGUE

Will Retherford

Church on the Hill

Shane Everrete Band

Sons & Daughters

Worth Dying For

Icon For Hire

One Sonic Society

Carlos Whittaker

Rachael Lampa

Jamie Grace

Samestate

Ashes Remain

Daylight Worship

Matt Kearney

Sons of Korah is a very good Christian folk band. They sing psalms and they've got a bunch of instruments, different acoustic guitars drums they try different folk music from the world in their songs. They have bass, mandolin a bunch more instruments. They're my favorite band. they are based out of Australia.