Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Themeiwanttobe

EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS VIDEO

36 posts in this topic

inivisible children i have a t-shirt of that somewhere i got it at a christian concert in scotland and it was about gorrila warfare or something lol

Stopping the LRA is, personally, my favorite project.

I've been studying it for so long, I've met with children escapees (they come in and speak at conferences - Kinda like the Lost Boys [of Sudan?]), and, overall, it's just a huge injustice.

Glad to see people are getting more involved. I hope to see the day we can take down Kony once and for all. :)

PLEASE LISTEN!!! Over 30,000 children have been raped, tortured, and turned into child soldiers. this video will help but ONLY if you share it.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kony2012/kony-4.html

JOSEPH KONY IS ONE OF THE WORLD’S WORST WAR CRIMINALS AND I SUPPORT THE INTERNATIONAL EFFORT TO ARREST HIM, DISARM THE LRA AND BRING THE CHILD SOLDIERS HOME.

Please take a look at this, it's really important. Awareness needs to be raised and all that. Post the vid on Facebook/Twitter (or any other social networks you use) and let's get the word out! Sign the pledge if you want, get involved with events, or simply send to a friend. You don't have to donate your time or money, but simply telling other people could make the world of difference.

Ah, I just posted this, didn't see this thread! :P

Raising awareness rocks. It makes such a difference. Keep going guys :)

You can stop the LRA but it won't change anything, you need to change the culture in Africa / the world and to do that ... its a lot harder than putting up a supportive poster or wearing a tshirt or praying. Thats fantastic to raise awareness but in a week or two people will forget all about this and the plight these people face.

You can stop the LRA but it won't change anything, you need to change the culture in Africa / the world and to do that ... its a lot harder than putting up a supportive poster or wearing a tshirt or praying. Thats fantastic to raise awareness but in a week or two people will forget all about this and the plight these people face.

People have to start somewhere. One step at a time.

I support the arrest of Kony and all that good stuff, however only 32% of this projects profits have actually went to the cause, thats a bit of the issue for me :/

Regardless of how you feel about the organization itself, their documentary does a really good job of getting an otherwise apathetic generation to open their eyes a little bit. Yes, there will always be people like Kony around, and I agree that it will take more than arresting just one guy to make much of a world impact, but that doesn't dismiss us from helping out those impacted by this particular incident.

I like the video. :3

Regardless of how you feel about the organization itself, their documentary does a really good job of getting an otherwise apathetic generation to open their eyes a little bit. Yes, there will always be people like Kony around, and I agree that it will take more than arresting just one guy to make much of a world impact, but that doesn't dismiss us from helping out those impacted by this particular incident.

I like the video. :3

I think this is a good point :)

Yeah, I've seen this around before.

It'll be cool if something good comes of this, but at the same time I'm wary of giving support to any organization that seems to feel "doing what's right" justifies even low-scale military involvement in other countries :^| It doesn't matter if we're "protecting national interests" or saving children. In the end, force is just an inadequate method for realizing lasting peace on a global scale.

Also, there's already a thread on this topic. I'm going to merge them up.

Did anyone know about Invisible Children before this? Huh?

Anyone?

I love the attention this is getting, but everyone is trying to be a fake philantropist. .-. What about those people (like me) who have been supporting Invisible Children for years? Now everyone is getting into it because it's seen as a fad.

Kind of makes me sick.

Anyone?

I love the attention this is getting, but everyone is trying to be a fake philantropist. .-. What about those people (like me) who have been supporting Invisible Children for years? Now everyone is getting into it because it's seen as a fad.

Kind of makes me sick.

Yeah, it makes it seem like people are just following the trend as opposed to actually caring. I'm glad for the organization, that they are getting good publicity... But... I mean, some of the people posting about it probably don't even know where Uganda is on a map and stuff.

I hope people actually take an interest and dont just post it to jump on the bandwagon.

Anyone?

Kind of makes me sick.

This seems to make the issue more about who the "real" philanthropists are than getting anything done.

Anyone?

Kind of makes me sick.

I went to an invisible children rally where we slept in cardboard boxes 5 years ago. This doesn't make me sick...i'm happy more people are getting involved.

I support getting rid of Kony, but I can't donate to Invisible Children. Giving money to the Ugandan government is not a good idea. They're a very corrupt group.

Yeah, it makes it seem like people are just following the trend as opposed to actually caring. I'm glad for the organization, that they are getting good publicity... But... I mean, some of the people posting about it probably don't even know where Uganda is on a map and stuff.

I hope people actually take an interest and dont just post it to jump on the bandwagon.

You're right about not knowing where places are on the map. -sighs- I don't even know what they are thinking.

This seems to make the issue more about who the "real" philanthropists are than getting anything done.

Well, the real ones will get things done. The ones who think of this as just a fad will parade about claiming they are all about justice. I cannot tell you how many posts on tumblr I see of kids just doing this for fun. I know they won't do anything, partly because I know some of them and because they really just do things like this to be cool. I do not mind a signal boost. Just this fake kind of attachment I know won't last into the next two months.

I went to an invisible children rally where we slept in cardboard boxes 5 years ago. This doesn't make me sick...i'm happy more people are getting involved.

Getting involved for the right reasons, I hope. It's nice to see it getting this kind of attention, but why now? It's not like it was a secret or anything. I just hate to see something I'm emotionally and financially invested in be turned into a phase or a trend.

Getting involved for the right reasons, I hope. It's nice to see it getting this kind of attention, but why now? It's not like it was a secret or anything. I just hate to see something I'm emotionally and financially invested in be turned into a phase or a trend.

What you're invested in WANTS to become a phrase.

Did you watch the video? it was explained.

I did not, it was nearly 1/3 the length of a feature length disney film.

I did not, it was nearly 1/3 the length of a feature length disney film.

watch the video then comment.