Sign in to follow this  
Megan H

what type of books do you read??

What types of books do you read/like??  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What types of books do you read/like??

I forgot to click other...

I read romantic comedy books, fiction magic-y whimsical books, and some mystery, but no horror...

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Oh, yeah! Historical fiction. I have a soft spot for Christian historical fiction for some reason.

Fiction and non-fiction are very broad categories, but I enjoy reading either.

Lately I've been reading a lot of non-fiction to gain a better understanding of subjects I'm interested in, (A Universe From Nothing, The Moral Landscape, The Greatest Show on Earth), but I really enjoy reading good science fiction novels as well. I've read The Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons which I thoroughly recommend, and I also enjoy reading novels that flesh out the universes of games (Halo books and Mass Effect books among others).

No offense Megan, but a better breakdown of the various genres would be helpful.

As to your question, I enjoy reading horror, science fiction, sword and sorcery style fantasy, and pulp stories from the 30's and 40's.

In addition, I enjoy Clive Cussler style action/adventure novels, and modern paranormal thrillers.

I suppose that I should also admit to still enjoying graphic novels.

I absolutely LOVE Christian romance books. They have really helped me recognize what I want in a future husband and what I need to stay away from.

I voted "non-fiction". I mostly read academic books in philosophy, politics, sociology, economics, and theology. Pretty hard-core. I hate popular non-fiction books to be quite honest. If you don't have a Ph.D. in a specialize field, chances are you will not have anything of interest to say to me (with notable exceptions). I make up for it by reading lots of queer fan-fiction stories. So while I read lots of fictional stories, they do not count as "books."

I like the Harry Potter books quite a lot, since I was little. I read Hunger Games last year and really liked it as well. Other than that ... Agatha Christie books are great, as are all the old classics. I'm planning o reading the Sherlock Holmes books when I'm done what I'm reading right now.

I most often read non-fiction like John Piper, Jerry Bridges, John MacArthur, etc. I sometimes read biographies or historical journals/other books as well.

I like some fantasy books or contemporary westerns (Stephen Bly)...but I really can't get into many fiction books anymore.

I love action/adventure/ romance/ drama/ and mystery/ crime. At my age people find it surprising that I read as much as I do but I just love books that much. Like you can just get lost in it. It's awesome.:clap: