Sign in to follow this  
samantha_c

Funds for Summer Missions

I would really, really appreciate it if you guys would be in prayer about financial provision for my summer mission trip. It's not that I've been irresponsible and waited until the last money to raise funds; I was actually informed about it very recently. I need to raise about $800 more in the next two weeks. I, personally, have $0.87 in my bank account. Everyone keeps saying that time is against me, but God is for me. God is greater than time. He's greater than money. I fully trust that since He has called me to do this, He will take care of and provide. I keep thinking about how God's strength is shown in our weakness, and His wisdom is seen in our foolishness. I feel like this is a desperate situation so that He can show how great He is! Please just keep me in prayer! Thanks, I love you!

Be blessed!

Sam.

I'll be praying, ask your pastor if they would take up a love offering, and post about it on Facebook that you're looking for donations! Give God the opportunity to work!

My dad is the pastor, lol. We have been collecting, and that is where the majority of what I have collected has come from. I will try reposting my letter of support on Facebook again, and trust that it will fall on someone's eyes who has the heart to give! Thanks! Please pray that as I circulate it on Facebook again that God will show His provision!

I went on a mission trip last summer to Wyoming. My church group had to raise over 5500 dollars. We did donation only car washes, and raised over 1000 dollars in one Saturday. Yard sales, car washes, and bake sales go a long way if you can get a group to help out. People donate to churches quicker than like a softball team. Just make sure the area you have it in gets good traffic and start early on a Saturday. Maybe get your youth group to help out, or some friends and family. It's not only a great way to raise money, but it's a good witnessing opportunity and it's a lot of fun!

I love that idea, but the only problem is I have no youth group. I live in a very small town (if you're familiar with Swamp People, I live where Troy and Liz are from and go to school where Ron Methvin-my sociology teacher's husband- is from.) I have people who support me, but none willing or able to really help me. I had thought about bake sales and car washes, but those are hard to do on your own. :/

I love that idea, but the only problem is I have no youth group. I live in a very small town (if you're familiar with Swamp People, I live where Troy and Liz are from and go to school where Ron Methvin-my sociology teacher's husband- is from.) I have people who support me, but none willing or able to really help me. I had thought about bake sales and car washes, but those are hard to do on your own. :/

Yeah, it would be hard on your own. Have you thought about a yard sale? If you could get someone to help you set it up, that's something you could do on your own or maybe if you could find just one friend to help. Not a big group, and you could still raise a good chunk of money.

That's a good idea! I know when we went to New Mexico, that's where the majority of our money came from! I'm definitely going to look into that! Thanks for the idea!

I'm going to try to do a yard sale for next Saturday (which will be pushing it, but it's better than nothing!) Please be in prayer about that! Let's see what God's got in store!

Also, please pray for support. I feel like my mom is always discouraging me, and even at church, one lady was sort of upset that I'd be away during Vacation Bible School so that I wouldn't be able to help. I'm so excited because I know that this is where God wants me, and I know that He is already doing great things, but it is so hard when other people aren't encouraging you or as happy as you are.

The pastor of the church that I attend during the semester when I don't come home for the weekend just got in touch with me to see what was going on with the trip. He said he can't promise any money because they are in transition, but he asked me to send a full layout of the trip and expenses and he'd see what they could do. He aslo said that the church believes in me and is excited to see what God is doing!

Praise God for the thoughts and support!

Just an update. I've collected a total of $410.00 through my church. I'm $688.00 short. I still have the yard/bake/art/coffee sale at the end of this week. I also have a few more people who want to give, I'm just not sure of the amounts yet. Thanks for the prayers!

I have $588.00 left to raise. I'm about half way through. It's so awesome to watch how active and at work the Lord is!

In other news, ten days left until my summer as a servant begins! =)

Just another update and request for prayer.

I have six days left to raise $488.00.

The yard/bake sale is scheduled for this Friday and Saturday.

I've started collected through PayPal as well.

I know that God will provide according to His will. I've been in tight spots financially most of last semester, and He always, always proved to be faithful. I especially find myself believing that He will most definitely take care of His children when they step out in obedience. And yet, I'm finding myself so often the past few days praying, "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief."

Hey Samantha,

were are you going and what are you going to do there? It's great to see how much effort you put into this! Praying for you!

Here is a link to my blog about my summer mission trip. In the first post (the one all the way at the bottom) you'll find a description of the trip. The second post, "Fundraising, Day 1: Matt teaches Matt, is how today went. The third post is simply pictures and whatnot.

Thanks so, so much for the prayers, you guys! If I did the math right, I have about $200 left to raise! And there's still the sale continued tomorrow!

http://beautifulfeet2012.tumblr.com/

You guys, thanks so, so much for the prayers!!! The grand total (after I threw in $0.66) from this weekend? $500.00!