Sign in to follow this  
AnEndlessSerenade

Please pray for dad who shot his daughter by accident

The link of the actual story is below but I'll just summarize. A father heard 5 burglars inside his house, rushed down and saw them then ran back to his room to fetch his gun. He heard the door open and shot thinking it was one of the burglars but it was actually his 7/8 year old daughter. She died. In the newspapers this morning it was written in what a state this father was and that's busy getting psychiatric help because he is in so much trauma. I can't even imagine how much hurt this man has inside his heart. He was trying to protect his family from 5 burglars but ended up killing his daughter. In South Africa the crime is getting more and more terrible. It's everywhere here. It's not even safe to walk alone here anymore and I don't blame this man for having a gun in any possible way. If you want to live here then it's pretty much a necessity in order to protect your life as these days even the police are criminals and help criminals get away with awful crimes. Please pray for this man. He's going to have to live with this for his entire life. My heart breaks for him. Please pray for him.

Sources:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Case-opened-in-tragic-accidental-shooting-20120518

http://www.bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc-africa-byo-15385-article-Dad+accidentally+shoots+and+kills+daughter+in+robbery.html

That's terrible! I am most definitely praying that God will use this as an opportunity to pour out His love and forgiveness and peace and comfort into this man and his family's life. I can't imagine having to deal with that. I'll also be praying for South Africa and those living there! That's such a scary thought!

Definitely praying for this man. Such a sad and horrible thing for a parent to go through.