Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Comeuppance

I took my mom to a catholic hospital last night

And I saw this guy in the hall who looked like some kind of catholic Jedi. What was he? He had long kinda robe'ish clothes that were all white and chains with crosses hanging on his side.

This is a sincere question.

Robe'ish isn't the right word for it. Think like those long thick coats that the inquisitors wore in Monty Python only with no hat and all in white.

He was probably a monk or a brother. The white habit orders are

Carthusian:

carthusian-monk.jpg

Mercerdian:

Mercedarian.jpg

Premonstratensian:

399px-Rüti_-_Ortsmuseum_-_Kloster_-_Prämostratenser-Habit_IMG_5172.JPG

Paulian:

357px-Zakonnik-paulinski.jpg

And sometimes Dominican:

Brian+Pierce+OP.jpg

My money would be on it being a Dominican because they're one of the more popular orders, but it is weird to not see them wearing some kind of black.

And I saw this guy in the hall who looked like some kind of catholic Jedi.

All Catholics are a member of the Jedi order didn't you know? They are also like mafia families.

Am I the only one who thought, "DiVinci Code"?

Maybe, I just thought, "Man that looks like a Cardinal's outfit"

I guess that he is a priest. They are holy and spiritual people whom we should respect and regard. They guide us through a spiritual way via which we can reinforce our progress in varieties of fields. If you are the one who is following their suggestions, then it is for sure that you are on the way of success.

He is more then likely a brother, brothers go to hospitals to pray for the sick (In ireland anyways) They sit with them (esp. if they are in a Hospice) its very comforting for most. Oh and they wear habits :D