Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

I took my mom to a catholic hospital last night

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts
And I saw this guy in the hall who looked like some kind of catholic Jedi. What was he? He had long kinda robe'ish clothes that were all white and chains with crosses hanging on his side.

This is a sincere question.
FYGer.

Jahsmun

Jahsmun

Member - 1Ker

• 3,486 posts
I would guess he's a priest..

Lift up your head Princess or else the crown falls...small_crown.png
~CTF Mom of NutterButterLove
~CTF Daughter of HaleyGirl16 and Will_Power
~Many other relations...✞

John's Munchkin && TJ's Blowfish
Here is the purple you requested. Anyone who can earn 1000 posts in 1 week, earns a sig-tag in my book. ~Haley
Shh! This isn't Will_Power siggy tagging you...

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts
Robe'ish isn't the right word for it. Think like those long thick coats that the inquisitors wore in Monty Python only with no hat and all in white.
FYGer.

Zabby

Zabby

CTF Staff

• 14,039 posts
He was probably a monk or a brother. The white habit orders are

Carthusian:
Posted Image
Mercerdian:
Posted Image
Premonstratensian:
Posted Image
Paulian:
Posted Image
And sometimes Dominican:
Posted Image

My money would be on it being a Dominican because they're one of the more popular orders, but it is weird to not see them wearing some kind of black.

There is a trace of You in every alleluia... and it's Your sacred heart within me beating. Your voice within me singing out, for love of You. - Audrey Assad

You're like Lt. Commander Data ^_^

Zabby Has Pointer Approval
-= Yves t'a sig-taggé ^_^ =-
TAG! You're it =D ~Haley<3

CTF married to Yves

Phoenix.

Phoenix.

Member - 1Ker

• 4,054 posts

And I saw this guy in the hall who looked like some kind of catholic Jedi.

All Catholics are a member of the Jedi order didn't you know? They are also like mafia families.

Comeuppance

Comeuppance

Member - 1Ker

• 3,403 posts
Thanks, Zabby. I think the first one matches up the best.
FYGer.

Wesker

Wesker

Member - 1Ker

• 3,810 posts

Posted Image

Am I the only one who thought, "DiVinci Code"?
“We have never preached violence, except the violence of love, which left Christ nailed to a cross, the violence that we must each do to ourselves to overcome our selfishness and such cruel inequalities among us. The violence we preach is not the violence of the sword, the violence of hatred. It is the violence of love, of brotherhood,the violence that wills to beat weapons into sickles for work.” 

— Óscar Romero

Zabby

Zabby

CTF Staff

• 14,039 posts

Am I the only one who thought, "DiVinci Code"?

Maybe, I just thought, "Man that looks like a Cardinal's outfit"

There is a trace of You in every alleluia... and it's Your sacred heart within me beating. Your voice within me singing out, for love of You. - Audrey Assad

You're like Lt. Commander Data ^_^

Zabby Has Pointer Approval
-= Yves t'a sig-taggé ^_^ =-
TAG! You're it =D ~Haley<3

CTF married to Yves

cromptoner

cromptoner

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I guess that he is a priest. They are holy and spiritual people whom we should respect and regard. They guide us through a spiritual way via which we can reinforce our progress in varieties of fields. If you are the one who is following their suggestions, then it is for sure that you are on the way of success.

s3058

s3058

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
He is more then likely a brother, brothers go to hospitals to pray for the sick (In ireland anyways) They sit with them (esp. if they are in a Hospice) its very comforting for most. Oh and they wear habits :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users