Sign in to follow this  
Christopherjr

Chick-fil-A appreciation day...

Are you going to Chick-fil-A Wednesday?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Chick-fil-A Wednesday?

• Yes, because I want to support them.
    • Yes, but only because I enjoy their food.
    • No, because I don't support them.
    • No, because I don't like their food/it's too expensive/whatever else...
    • No, because there isn't one where I live.

Honestly I find the whole thing quiet funny. I imagine this was what our founding father's envisioned when they thought up the idea of free speech, liberals making out with each other over lunch in protest and conservatives eating chicken in the name of Jesus Christ. God Bless 'Merica! XD

Liberals are clearly winning.

I am going to go and order a Large Water. When they expect me to pay, I am going to say according to Biblical Principles, you should give me the water as per Proverbs 25:21". If they still require me to pay, then they are hypocrites.
Liberals are clearly winning.

Love is stronger than hate. :)

As to the harassment of employees, when you work a food job, you'll understand my POV.

I work in a fast food joint. If you came to a restaurant harassing me over having to pay for a drink on a busy day like I'm sure tomorrow will be, simply because you wish to prove a point; I would probably refuse you service with my managers blessing, regardless of your reasoning for doing so. And you harassing the employees of a restaurant, whose policies they did not make but must abide by, for a cup of water will do nothing except prove that you can be silly.

And what are you going to do if you go order a large cup of water and they give it to you free of charge?

Nope.

If Chick-Fil-A existed in Canada, and there was a location close to me, and I could find something vegetarian on the menu, I'd go. =)

Supporting LGBTQ rights is a cornerstone of my Christian/Catholic faith, and I would not even be a believer this day if it were not for queerness showing me the light of Christ in my own life. So I will not be spending my money on Chick-Fil-A any time soon.

I'm with you there, but the whole Chick Fil A has nothing to do with gay rights as much as it has to do with free speech. I'd go if there was one around here

I'm with you there, but the whole Chick Fil A has nothing to do with gay rights as much as it has to do with free speech. I'd go if there was one around here
If it was really about free speech, people would be rallying to Chick-Fil-A for free speech regardless of their beliefs on marriage equality. Yet, that is not happening. Conservatives are rallying to defend Roman marriage.

I'm so glad that there are christian companies out there like chickfila - that preach what is right, and stand up against Satan. CHICKFILA, CHICKFILA, CHICKFILA. Thank you, Jesus!

I tried to go to Chick-Fil-A and we couldn't even get in the parking lot. It was SO packed that the cops had to direct traffic, people were parking in the shopping center parking lot down the street to walk, they were standing in line around the restaurant, and people were coming out into the parking lot to take orders. It was INSANE.

I am so glad there are Christ-like mayors out there like Rahm Emanuel and Thomas Menino that preach what is right, and stand up against Satan, Sin and Death. Thank you, Jesus!

Wesker there's no reason to get upset. Randomskill is just a troll.

I am so glad there are Christ-like mayors out there like Rahm Emanuel and Thomas Menino that preach what is right, and stand up against Satan, Sin and Death. Thank you, Jesus!

Amen, brother! Why do you think their chicken tastes so good? It's got the love of God - the secret ingredient!

Amen, brother! Why do you think their chicken tastes so good? It's got the love of God - the secret ingredient!

I'm sorry, but I seriously lol'ed.

God's love is salt?

I might have gone if the line didn't wrap around the state and back...

Holy Cow... (haha, total chik-fil-a joke.)

My friend and I went....they had cops directing traffic with the 30+ cars wrapped around the building. And there were easily 40 people in line OUTSIDE of Chick-Fil-A waiting to get in. :P

My Chick-Fil-A sandwich never tasted better.

I went passed a Chick Fil A, but no one was there.

That's crazy, the one where I live was packed all day... Then I went to a neighboring city, and it was exactly the same.

That's crazy, the one where I live was packed all day... Then I went to a neighboring city, and it was exactly the same.

Ya I could have easily have ran through it though someone was buying me free pizza :P

Wesker there's no reason to get upset. Randomskill is just a troll.
I am not upset. I am actually quite comfortable with people being against same-sex marriage, so long as they avoid demonization, stereotypical characterizations of LGBTQ persons, and treating them like the "other". I was merely slightly changing the wording to satirize his emotional and vacuous statement.
I'm sorry, but I seriously lol'ed.
I am really hoping s/he was joking, and that s/he got that I was satirizing her/him.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

I know of three today that were jampacked in my immediate area.

Then again, Texas is very conservative :P

Except for Austin, where I am probably considered conservative.

That's a joke. It is hard to get more progressive than me.

There are now three within an hour of me, all of which are under two years old. They've all been crowded whenever I've gone on non-appreciation days, so there was absolutely no way I was going. My family went today and it was still pretty full. The fact is, I know they have support and I would be okay with not going for "appreciation day."

I have yet to understand why it's made so much news. What else do you expect from the owner of a restaurant chain that plays Christian music and is closed on Sundays? lol Besides, nobody's thrown a big deal over the fact that he claims to have invented the chicken sandwich. :P

Having worked every day for the past week (except Sunday), I've come to the conclusion if you keep coming to Chick-Fil-A because of the recent events WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS.

Not because of anything they've said or done or politics. But because I'M PHYSICALLY DYING. Do you know how many sandwiches we're making every day!?! THOUSANDS. LITERALLY. THOUSANDS. I just can't survive this sort of stuff. I'm going to bed way late and waking up way early. Everyone's grumpy. We're always running out of product.

JUST STOP. Tell your friends to stop. Because I can't go through lunch every day with literally FIFTY PEOPLE IN LINE AT ALL TIMES. So I love you. But it needs to stop. Because we're losing employees and we're losing sleep. Can't things go back to normal?