Sign in to follow this  
Christopherjr

Chick-fil-A appreciation day...

Are you going to Chick-fil-A Wednesday?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Chick-fil-A Wednesday?

• Yes, because I want to support them.
    • Yes, but only because I enjoy their food.
    • No, because I don't support them.
    • No, because I don't like their food/it's too expensive/whatever else...
    • No, because there isn't one where I live.

Having worked every day for the past week (except Sunday), I've come to the conclusion if you keep coming to Chick-Fil-A because of the recent events WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS.

I've never gone to Chick-Fil-A and never plan on going. Ever.

Let's be friends FOREVER.

I've never gone to Chick-Fil-A and never plan on going. Ever.

Let's be friends FOREVER.

Done.

I'm so glad that there are christian companies out there like chickfila - that preach what is right, and stand up against Satan. CHICKFILA, CHICKFILA, CHICKFILA. Thank you, Jesus!

Eh? Seeing you post again is a bit of a shocker.

This whole little fiasco has inspired me to post on this forum again. I must say, the marketing plan behind this is utterly genius. I'd never even heard of this restaurant chain until hearing of it on the news. While I support their right to donate surplus profits as they wish, I certainly won't be eating at one. I won't ever be able to support a business that so blatantly endorses something that is an antithesis toward my political ideals.

I get the most distinct feeling that most of you are merely supporting them simply due to the fact that they support anti-gay charities, rather than their right to protest.

We tried to go...there was no room in the parking lot and people were standing in line and the line completely wrapped around the building! There were a few others like this in downtown Houston.

304572_10151316543644966_123668574_n.jpg

I held my tongue on Facebook, but no.

I have seen that many people at food banks, at homeless shelters, at feed the community. Every Saturday different churches in the community feed the people at the Housing Authority. Every August, hundreds of people turn out to pass out food and school supplies for the "Back to School Bash" at the Housing Authority. This picture is utterly false and completely misrepresents Christians. Someone got butthurt at the people slowing down traffic by the Chick-fil-A and decided they would "get back at us" with this picture.

Whilst what mintchocochip posted was clearly exaggeration, the image has a point. Why spend a day at a place that openly denounces a sector of society when you can spend a day helping those in need?

Wesker just seems to always just hit the nail on the head.

Chick-Fil-A is not the Devil....

They just work for him.

:afro:

Whilst what mintchocochip posted was clearly exaggeration, the image has a point. Why spend a day at a place that openly denounces a sector of society when you can spend a day helping those in need?

:afro:

Well, they don't denounce a sector of society.

This is actually what they've said:

"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."

Just because Dan Cathy said he doesn't support Gay marriage doesn't mean he is anti-Gay. The media has twisted his words so much that they're hardly even his words anymore. Chick-fil-A actually hires Gay workers, they're non-discriminatory in both hiring and serving. What I find more perturbing is why no Gay Rights Activists go around having kiss-ins outside of Muslim owned businesses. Christians have become the media punching bag. There's so many of us that it's like we're fair game or something, I'm tired of it.

My problem with the picture is that it does not say what you did. Besides the anti-gay message of the whole fiasco, I am upset that the message disseminated through the media is that this movement represents Christianity. This values of Dan Cathy and the Chick-Fil-A supporters are held up as what Christian values are. I am sorry, but Dan Cathy and the movement does not represent Christian values. They represent right-wing, American evangelical values.
Much obliged, kind sir.
Just because Dan Cathy said he doesn't support Gay marriage doesn't mean he is anti-Gay. The media has twisted his words so much that they're hardly even his words anymore. Chick-fil-A actually hires Gay workers, they're non-discriminatory in both hiring and serving.
Are you kidding me? Cathy did not merely say he respectfully disagrees with same-sex marriage. He said that legalized same-sex marriage is shaking our fists at God, saying we are more wise than God, and inviting judgement upon the United States. I am sick and tired of this nationalist, Old Testament thinking that comes out of Protestant/Evangelical America, which blames national disasters and terrorist attacks on our nation being too progressive. Somehow it is never the genocide of Native Americans, wars for oil, or the fact that we have more relative poverty than almost every other industrialized nation. If you're worried about God's judgement, why not just try loving people more?
What I find more perturbing is why no Gay Rights Activists go around having kiss-ins outside of Muslim owned businesses. Christians have become the media punching bag. There's so many of us that it's like we're fair game or something, I'm tired of it.
When you are the hegemonic power preventing same-sex marriage from being legalized in the United States, you tend to take most of the flak.

My problem with the picture is that it does not say what you did. Besides the anti-gay message of the whole fiasco, I am upset that the message disseminated through the media is that this movement represents Christianity. This values of Dan Cathy and the Chick-Fil-A supporters are held up as what Christian values are. I am sorry, but Dan Cathy and the movement does not represent Christian values. They represent right-wing, American evangelical values.

Oh, I recognise that. I agree completely. I'm sorry if it didn't come across that way, but I concur with Zabby et al that there are plenty of things Christians organise that are beneficial and helpful and wholeheartedly a positive thing. Planning to eat at a restaurant en masse simply because of it's anti-gay stance is not one of those things. It's just scary, I suppose, as an 'outsider' to see so much support for this chain.

When you are the hegemonic power preventing same-sex marriage from being legalized in the United States, you tend to take most of the flak.

Indeed.

Cathy's words don't reflect his company's intent of 'leaving the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena' either.

So, Wednesday August 1st has been declared national Chick-fil-A appreciation day... will you be going to Chick-fil-A Wednesday?

Note: This isn't to bash people who don't support Chick-fil-A in this recent controversy, just a poll.

Given my affinity towards Homoerotics, I will never go to a Chick-fil-a