Need guy advice please

343Paige

I've never been on this website before but I found it online because I could use some advice. So I've liked this one guy from my youth group for like two years, but I never told any of my friends for reasons that are too long to explain. Now I regret that decision, because about two months ago my best friend started openly liking this same guy. I decided this would be an opportunity to practice selflessness. I've encouraged her and helped her get opportunites to talk to him and stuff like that. It was never too hard to do this because the guy has never given a second glance at either me or my friend, so there wasn't much to be jealous about.

Well now this guy has been talking to me all of the time and one of my other friends (not the one who likes him) thinks that he likes me. He also asked me for my phone number.

I don't know what the right, Christian thing to do is. Should I keep quiet and continue encouraging my friend to like him, even if he likes me? Is it selfish to like him and want my friend to not have him?

Thanks for the advice!

if he likes you and asked you for his phone number, id suggest, giving him your number,imean he asked you out, the only way it would be selfish is if you were the one who asked him out even though your friend liked him, but you didnt, so id say its fine.

I'd talk to the friend that likes him.

Explain that you have liked him for awhile, but you didn't want to hinder her pursuing him... but now he's showing he might like you too, and you want to take the chance to get to know him.

I'd totally give him your number, just give your friend fair warning.

I think it's interesting that the people responding both mentioned the phone number thing. I didn't think that was an important part of my post. That's actually a whole other story.

I was standing talking to two of my friends after church one day and the guy came up to us and asked me if he had my phone number. I replied "I don't know, maybe. I got your number and texted you once when I had to tell everyone that the bible study changed locations." And he was like, "My phone deleted all of my contacts while it was in my pocket and now I don't have anyone's number. Could you give me yours?" So I did and didn't think anything of it. Our youth group is close and most people have everyone's numbers. He definitely wasn't asking me out.

But the two friends I was talking to before he came over thought he was lying about his phone deleting his contacts becasue 1) he started off the conversation with "do I have your number?" Obviously he wouldn't if his phone deleted his contacts. And 2) he only asked for my number. No one elses. So I don't know.