Sign in to follow this  
Christopherjr

What is appropriate attire at your church?

How do people dress for Sunday service at your church?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How do people dress for Sunday service at your church?

• Sunday Best: Suits, ties, nice dresses, etc.
    • Sunday Casual: Polo shirt, khakis, dresses, etc.
    • Every Day Clothing: T-Shirt, jeans, tennis Shoes, etc.
    • Mixture: People wear a wide range of clothing.

When I go to my home church (Independent Baptist) I would say Sunday casual. For our members, most of the men wear a dress shirt and khakis, some wear a tie. Women wear dresses or skirts and tops. Nothing fancy, simply modest. However, our bus ministry kids, they come in in all types of clothes. Unfortunately, most of the older ones come in in more inappropriate clothes than not. But yeah, our actual membership is usually Sunday casual. Sunday night and Wednesday night services are more relaxed. Khakis or jeans and a polo or tshirt for men and boys, and jeans, khakis or denim skirts with a polo or tshirt for women and girls. Some people wear knee length shorts. We try not to put too much emphasis on clothing (like dressed up or casual or whatever), we tend to put it more on whatever you wear (be it a burlap sack or a tuxedo or prom dress) make sure you're covered and dressed modestly, not only at church but everywhere.

Now when I go to the Pentecostal church, they dress up on Sundays. Men wear suits and ties, women wear nice skirts and dress shirts. No shorts allowed, no pants allowed for girls.

My church is a bit of a quirky one, considering most of the time, we're in school uniform. But, Evensong on Sundays is in casual clothes, but you can't wear anything too revealing etc.

Outside of school, I tend to make an effort, not to look hugely dressed up, but to look just a little more smart than I might if I were hanging out at youth group.

There isn't a dress code of any sort at my church. You'll find those in jeans or even more casual, but then you have those who love to dress up..just 'cause. :]

My church has no dress code, really. I would say there are more women in pants than in skirts and dresses, although people always look nice. We do have people that dress up more or less than "normal", but people don't really pay attention as long as it's clean and neat.

There is no dress-code, but I guess it's dressy-casual. Ish. Some people wear suits and ties, some people wear t-shirts and jeans.

We have 2 services. Traditional and Casual. Most people in the traditional service dress up pretty nice, but you don't have to by any means. 2nd service is usually t-shirt and jeans, or a polo.

Anything that covers you, sans pajamas. No one in my church looks liek they just rolled out of bed and shuffled in. We range from dressy to causal, and everything inbetween.