Sign in to follow this  
Ronald

Need help with a parable

Hey everyone, in Matthew 22 Jesus tells a parable of a wedding feast. I understand most of it, but I don't get why the man dressed improperly for the feast was thrown out. Can anyone explain Matthew 22:11?

This is a "Man who was called but wasn't chosen" (22:14) Does the lack of wedding clothes represent someone who was called but did not accept Christ?

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Gah, I'm also quite confused by Matthew 22:43.

I don't understand the arguement Jesus is trying to make.

I don't remember the entire parable and context at the moment, but it seems to me to refer to one who, instead of taking on the clothing of Christ's righteousness, tries to enter clothed of his own righteousness.

This is a "Man who was called but wasn't chosen" (22:14) Does the lack of wedding clothes represent someone who was called but did not accept Christ?
Many are called to the wedding-feast (to salvation) but few have the wedding-garment (the righteousness of Christ). The "many called" refers to all who hear the message of the gospel; the "chosen" are those who choose to accept the gospel.