Sign in to follow this  
FredoS

what's your favorite bible verse?

i just wanted to know about your favorite(s) bible verse(s). my favoriste is the one that my mom tought me when i was very little, she used to tell us that we could say that verse before we go to sleep because the devil can attack our dreams...... anyway the verse is following

Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

:)

What matters us not your outter appearance-the styling of your hair,the jewlery you wear, the cut of your clothes-but your inner disposition. Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God deligts in.---1 Peter 3:4 and I like

Acts 20:24 My job is to finish waht god started. The job Jeus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly Extravagant generosity of God.

Both out of the Message remix. and I gots both memorized.

Hey I dont think that this is really a verse or a scripture in the bible cause i have never seen it in the bible, but it is a good quote that i learned a while back in my youth day camp...

" God did not create us to fit in but he created us to STAND OUT".

:punk:

SolomonC1989@aol.com

John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Pslams 23: The Lord is my shepherd,

I shall not want.

He makes me lie in green pastures;

He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul;

He guides me in paths of righteousness

For His name's sake.

Even thought I walk through the vally of the shadow of death,

I fear no evil, for You are with me;

Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the pressnce of my eneimes;

You have anointed my head with oil;

My cup overflows.

Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I have always loved Pslams 23 especially.

Romans 1:16-17(NIV)

16- I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who belives first for the Jew then for the Gentile

17- For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, As it is written "The righteous will live by faith."

I just memorized these in May along with all of Romans Chapter 1,2, and 3 at this point. I am trying to memorize all of Romans and James.

I love John 3:16 and also the Psalm 23 and Psalm 91, but there is a verse of scripture that God has open my eyes to it and when I understood what God meant in this verse I was totally blown away, like I almost hit the floor.

Genesis 1 (King James Version)

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Just imagine this guys! Our God is sooo powerful that when He created the light He separated it from darkness. I know if we take a flashlight and turn it on, we have light, but we don't create light, we only produced it with a tool made for it, neither did we invent light ourselves. But God invented the light and not only that, He separated it from darkness. Just like oil and water don't mix together. Do you guys dig this ?!

I love God so much, tonight I feel like giving you all a big hug :-)

Misfit of Laodicea