• Heaven
    • Hell
    • I hope heaven
    • I don't know
    • I hope not hell
    • Didn't think of it
    • Doesn't matter
    • Other

I hope heaven, but I tend to believe in theosis and in a very Eastern conception of it. The way I understand our existence and our ultimate end is that God's energies are like a lake, and we are a cup of water taken out of that reservoir. Life is our journey back to Oneness with God's energies, and heaven is this pouring back of the cup into the lake. So while I do believe in heaven, I do not believe in a personal heaven. Heaven, for me, is not a more perfect version of subjective existence on earth. We lose our individuality in oceanic oneness with God.

I hope heaven, but I tend to believe in theosis and in a very Eastern conception of it. The way I understand our existence and our ultimate end is that God's energies are like a lake, and we are a cup of water taken our of the reservoir. Life is our journey back to Oneness with God's energies, and heaven is this pouring back of the cup into the lake.

Would that include loss of individual personhood?

Would that include loss of individual personhood?
I edited my post (see above) to make that more clear, just as you posted, Caleb. :P

I hope Heaven. Lately I've been asking myself "Self, where are you going?" And the answer usually is "I don't know..." I just keep getting thrown off the path.

I edited my post (see above) to make that more clear, just as you posted, Caleb. :P

Ah, I see. Excellent timing! Alas, though, that kind of heaven sounds rather depressing to me.

I'm training to live right, but I have some mistakes....everybody has mistakes...but I try as hard as I can..

Ah, I see. Excellent timing! Alas, though, that kind of heaven sounds rather depressing to me.
I watched Star Trek as a kid, and the whole idea of the Q Continuum running out of things to do with their eternal lives made me think that life as an individual for all eternity would get really depressing after a while. So given the two options, extinguishing into God seems the most logical to me.

I watched Star Trek as a kid, and the whole idea of the Q Continuum running out of things to do with their eternal lives made me think that life as an individual for all eternity would get really depressing after a while. So given the two options, extinguishing into God seems the most logical to me.

It seems to me that an eternity of perfect interactions with billions of fellow believers and the One and Only Son of God in a place far more marvelous than even the Star Trek universe would allow for continuous, unending freshness and opportunities.

Heaven. Jesus took care of it all, so when I'm being judged for my sins all God will see is Jesus, not my mistakes.

This. =D

I voted Heaven, but it will really be the New Earth (after the end of the world) and I'd prefer the term eternal life. The Bible doesn't teach there is a "Hell" (aka being tormented endlessly), but eternal death. If anyone disagrees there's a thread to debate that.

I trust in God to put me where I should be... Hopefully heaven, I suppose. I honestly don't think about it all that much. My faith is one of living and loving day to day heaven (or hell) just seems like the sort of natural end of things. Maybe when I'm older I'll worry about it.

Hell, where I will continue to be fabulous and rock dat fire and brimstone so hard.

Are you joking? Why do you think you will go to hell? Are you a Christian?

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

John 3:16

It tells everything! For God so love the world, that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in Him, should to perish, but have everlasting life.

I hope Heaven.

Heaven. In no way do I deserve it, but God has poured out His mercy and love on me, and now I'm free from scar, wrinkle, and blemish.

If this was Facebook, you'd think I'm a stalker because I would have liked basically every post you've made this afternoon.

Haha, I'm honored :P

Honestly though, I've been studying the Word a lot lately and I've benefited so much from it. God's been revealing truth to me =) *Glory to Him*

Really....I think thats a good question...I'm not proud of myself...but really...I'm not sure where I will go...I really hope Heaven