Sign in to follow this  
cassielove

Makeup?

I like to wear make-up! :D I enjoy wearing it when I go out of the house. I don't think I look bad without it, but I like to wear it because I think it looks nice. :D I usually wear powder foundation, liquid foundation, liquid eye liner, liquid mascara :laugh:, and light pink eye shadow (it has SPARKLES! :woot:)

<3 sparkly eye shadow :P

I became an amateur make up artist when I left high school and realised that there was no way I could continue studying art in college seeing as all medical schools pretty much demand Science/Maths subjects.

It was pretty much a way of extending my creativity, and I agree, It should be used to enhance your features. That's not to say that you wont look good if you choose not to wear make up.

It's personal choice really. My only problem is when people overdo it. I know people who have become so obsessed with make up that they literally feel like they can't be seen (by others) without makeup.

I love doing people's make up for proms, birthdays or special events and personally I now wear make up occasionally because college work has now taken up all my free time :D

I wear mascara almost every day because I have absurdly small eyes, a bit of concealer (thanks acne ...) along with some lip gloss/colour, and occasionally wear a bit of dark blue/brown/black eyeliner, depending on my mood. I don't do heavy eye makeup or any foundation at all, and blush is completely unnecessary for me because I'm perpetually flushed...

Makeup is nice for enhancing your features, but my general rule of thumb is that if you would be virtually unrecognisable without it, it's too much.

I wear makeup, but it's not Nikki Minaj. A little eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow and a small bit of blush and I'm done. I see girls in school with POUNDS of makeup and I'm like O.o where's your face?

I like makeup, and I think it's fun to play with :)

But I'm kinda lazy and I usually never have time to put it on in the mornings. Plus I like being able to not worry about my makeup smudging and stuff.

So I only wear it for special occasions or possibly when I'm going out on weekends, if/when I feel like it

I think the makeup is basic right of a women. I have no idea about you but i swear if i have no makeup quit possible that i'll die. Usually i like to stay simple but whenever i have to go out side then i wear alight makeup but must to do. I have fare color so i like to do very light makeup.

I like make-up, but i only wear it if i'm leaving the house and it's just natural color shadows, some eyeliner and mascara.

Even when I do wear makeup people tend to think I'm 3-5yrs younger than I am.... When not wearing it people usually put me in the 13-16 range. I'm 23. I don't want to be hit on by highschoolers. Heck, I really don't even want to be hit on by someone in their early college career. :-P

So I wear makeup. *shrugs*

Just a light bit though. I don't care for much, feels funny on my face.

I like wearing makeup, and I like the different styles for different occasions (I have a personal pull towards cat eyeliner, coupled with red lipstick, if ya wanna dress it up a tad). I think I do look better wearing some (usually just a dab of blush, a spat of liner, and a swish of mascara), but I don't actually wear it everyday. I will go days without wearing it, or only wear mascara. I might wear some to church, but not much other than that (except for the mascara thing)

I do taekwondo, so there is just no point in wearing much there anyway. :P Looking like a raccoon when getting kicked in the stomach isn't appealing...and also, you quit caring what you look like after you do about a billion squats and/or kicks. haha :P

I agree with the original poster that makeup can be a beautiful form of artistry. One of my friends is amazingly talented with makeup and can really transform your appearance with her skills. She'll create this really astonishing looks for me for my dance competitions, like she once did this peacock inspired eye shadow. I keep encouraging her to make tutorials on Youtube because I know others would love to learn from her, too. 

I am not that talented with makeup. I just keep impatient with it, haha. I rarely ever wear makeup to school because I am so pressed for time in the morning. Plus, I go to an all-girls school and lots of us just don't bother with makeup during the week, especially those of us taking zero period and having to be at school at the brutally early hour of 7. We tend to wear it on the weekends or when we feel like glamming up. I really like the Urban Decay naked palettes even though they are expensive. I got the the first one when I was thirteen and am now sixteen and it still looks nearly brand-new. The shadows are so pigmented you just need the tiniest amount. I also love NARS blush and lip gloss because they last for so long for me. My favorite color has the risqué name of Orgasm - *blushes* - but I love it because it's this very natural looking peachy-pink and it goes with anything. And it looks lovely on almost every skin tone. Friends from dance have used my blush before, and it looks so pretty on everyone. 

I just wear foundation some of the time. Or other times I'll wear mascara and/or lip color. And I'll wear light colored eye shadow sometimes, but I don't have any Q-tips right now.

People my age think I'll younger (in middle school or early high school) and adults think I'm older (in college). 

(No offence) I am sure many people will disagree with me on this but, I don't think any girl/woman needs makeup every girl is very pretty whether you have makeup on or not, I am almost 14 and I don't wear makeup I don't plan on it either, I don't use hair spray, curling irons or anything like that either because 1. it ruins your hair 2. I dont feel that I need it, I have only used hair spray once, and a curling iron about 4 or 5 times, but actually if you want to use hair spray you can make your own, my mom is allergic to corn and wheat and perfume and stuff like that so she makes her own hair spray and it works really well, the store bought hair spray has chemicals that makes your hair unhealthy, and the curling irons and stuff messes up your hair to, if you dont use them you will actually look more pretty.... or is it prettier?

Edited by HelloKitty

I'm all excited because I've finally, at the age of 27, perfected my skin care routine. I have the worst combination type skin. some areas are super oily, and others get very dry and I have a bit of rosacea. Any system I tried either made some areas dry and scaly, or other areas gross and more oily, or it caused a rash. So I had to use more makeup to cover it up. I started using grapeseed oil. It both cleanses and moisturizes. It's been 6 months, and my skin looks almost perfect. I could get rid of my face creams, cleansers, primers, and concealers. Plus I can just use a nice lightweight tinted moisturizer instead of a heavier foundation.

I have a very pale skin tone with a pink undertone. So I avoid blush because it makes me look ill. Like I've been running on a treadmill for way too long. I prefer to use a highlighter/blusher/bronzer combo like Too Faced Snow Bunny or Korres Magic Light. They both add a little color and a little shimmer without being over powering. I also like to use them on my eyes. For a more polished look I prefer the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Pallet (lots of browns, gray, pink, and lavender), it's perfect for hazel eyes, along with a little black eyeliner and mascara. On my lips I either use Nars Pure Matte Llipstick in Montego Bay (rosy pink) and Nars Lipgloss in Orgasm (peachy pink) or MAC lipliner in Plum and MAC lipstick in Capricious (deep berry).

I don't have any problem with makeup, but I personally do not like to use it on myself much, mostly because it clogs the pores on your face. I do wear lipstick frequently, though.

I almost never wear makeup, both because the natural and less harmful stuff is super expensive, and because I hate washing everything off after. I also don't want to use it all the time and then end up feeling dependent on makeup to look pretty. I do think makeup can be quite fun though; I wear it when I cosplay and for special events like Christmas.

Diffently don't plan to wear much more in the future. I think I will wear eyeliner and eyeshadow every now and then just for the fun. I don't think either would look very good on me and I don't want to look trashy.

I very rarely wear makeup because I often feel like I'm sending out the wrong signals.  When I do wear makeup, I wear a bit of eye makeup but never very much.  My skin's pretty good so I don't feel the need for foundation (and I don't like the way it looks when people overdo it) and I never wear dark lipstick because when I do, I think people judge me as being something I'm not.

Sign in to follow this