Sign in to follow this  
AlyNicole

Salvation

It depends on what you mean by salvation. Catholics have a different notion of salvation than Protestants.

Do you believe that one is "saved" the instant they accept Christ? The interesting thing about all the passages on believing in Christ is that it says that they shall be saved, or will eventually come to salvation. Therefore I believe that if one believes in Christ, he shall be saved, but if he drops that belief in Christ, he shall not be saved when the last day comes.

Simply put, yes, It is possible to lose your Salvation. In the standard Arminian belief system anyway.

I have become absolutely convinced that neither death nor life, neither messenger of Heaven nor monarch of earth, neither what happens today nor what may happen tomorrow, neither a power from on high nor a power from below, nor anything else in God’s whole world has any power to separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord! Romans 8:38-39

Do you believe that one is "saved" the instant they accept Christ? The interesting thing about all the passages on believing in Christ is that it says that they shall be saved, or will eventually come to salvation. Therefore I believe that if one believes in Christ, he shall be saved, but if he drops that belief in Christ, he shall not be saved when the last day comes.

Lately I've come to this understanding as well.

You know I think Ron says it pretty well. I think using the term "losing your salvation" is phrasing the question in the wrong way. So simply put, yes. I believe you can deny your salvation after you've accepted it.

The Bible gives no indication that someone who has become a new creation--was dead and has been made alive--can ever revert. In fact, if it were not for all the other evidence, I would be convinced of this by Romans 8:29-30 alone. Nor do I see any way those verses can be interpreted otherwise.

No, you cannot lose your salvation. This is not to affirm a salvation without obedience, but rather, as Paul tells us in Phil 1:6 He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion on the day of Christ.

Yeah, if they no longer want anything to do with Him.

It doesn't make sense for someone who becomes an atheist as an adult to be saved when they turned their back, spent their life purposely avoiding God, and never turning to Him to be saved.