Sign in to follow this  
RayRay

Do you wear perfume?

So for a while now i've developed a crazy obsession with perfume...I have an ever growing collection and I'm starting to think I have a problem (as I do with a lot of things).

I find that I associate scents very strongly with certain moments/events in my life, so much that when I smell a certain perfume, It brings back a particular memory for me. I could bore you with a ridiculously long list of my favourites, but I won't, however my staples at the moment are:

Alien- Thierry Mugler (jasmine, slightly floral, dark, heavy, musky)

Lady Million- Paco Rabanne (raspberries, fruity, sweet, slightly floral, brings back a lot of childhood memories :') )

Heat- Beyonce (orchid, sweet, floral, peach, nectar, fruity. this was actually a valentines day present which I despised at first because of the loud, angry peach note in it but now reminds me of someone I love)

So do you wear perfume? Why/Why not?, what are your favourites? Are you into florals, orientals or musky perfumes?, Do you think a lady should wear perfume or are you not really bothered? Do you go for expensive designer brands or cheaper celebrity fragrances? :D

I like perfume! My favorite is Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I also really like Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger (haven't had it in years though sad sad), Ralph Rocks by Ralph Lauren, and Twirl by Kate Spade (I probably wear this the most, I have a jumbo bottle of it that my friend's mom who is a perfume manager gave me). I like to mix the Kate Spade one with Secret Charm, a body spray from Victoria's Secret.

I don't think it matters if a woman wears perfume. It's all personal preference! Perfume is super expensive so I just kind of wear either what I get as gifts or I buy the little sample bottles

Had to troll off to my wardrobe to see which perfumes I actually own... I'm a sticker when it comes to perfumes, because I'm picky; when I find one I like, that'll be the one I stick with. I tend to buy a bit more expensive, because they tend to be better quality - they don't go weird in the bottle, less perfume goes further etc. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I have perfumes that I associate with different things. These are the ones I've got at the moment:

1. Chloe - just the original eau de parfum. This is my favourite day-to-day perfume; it's not too strong that it is overpowering, but it lasts through the day. It's quite fresh and light, with a little bit of sweetness, but not too much. It's got a really beautiful glass bottle, too, which I love because it reminds me of old fashioned perfume bottles.

2. Flora by Gucci - this is heavier than Chloe, and slightly more musky. But, it's a nice scent, and if I'm feeling a change from Chloe on a day-to-day basis, I'll wear this. It's also good for going to sort of smart day time events. Like Chloe, I adore the bottle this one comes it.

3. Daisy by Marc Jacobs - a nice perfume, but not one I wear that much anymore. It's floral, which is kind of my thing when it comes to perfumes, but I can find it a bit sickly though nowadays, compared to when I first started wearing it, so I don't tend to wear it that often anymore. But, I like having it for the occasional time when I want to wear it.

4. Lola by Marc Jacobs - I went through a phase of absolutely adoring this perfume a couple of years back, but now I've realised it just isn't to my taste anymore. It's a wee bit too sickly for me. I keep it, because it's a good 'party' scent; it's quite 'fun'. But, it doesn't scream refined at you, and it takes about 4 days to wear off, it's so potent.

5. Coeur de Fleur by Miller Harris - OK, so this one I steal off my mother on a regular basis. This one is more flowery, but less sweet. It's really, really lovely, and smelling it instantly reminds me of my mama (which is a good thing, because she's a classy lady). I had to go off and spray some of this now I've written about it, and it smells gorgeous. I also really like all the oils and bath products that go with it, partly because they all smell divine, and partly because I'm not allergic to them, which is a major winner! It's probably my favourite perfume.

I'm thinking of getting some bespoke perfume made at some point; my mother and I were talking about it, and it's something we'd really like to do.

I like perfume! My favorite is Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I also really like Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger (haven't had it in years though sad sad), Ralph Rocks by Ralph Lauren, and Twirl by Kate Spade (I probably wear this the most, I have a jumbo bottle of it that my friend's mom who is a perfume manager gave me). I like to mix the Kate Spade one with Secret Charm, a body spray from Victoria's Secret.

I don't think it matters if a woman wears perfume. It's all personal preference! Perfume is super expensive so I just kind of wear either what I get as gifts or I buy the little sample bottles

Daisy is such a popular perfume! I remember buying a sample expecting to love it but for some reason I didn't. I liked it but I didn't love it. I gave it to my little sister and it's now one of her favourite perfumes. It smells so good on her but not me :/

The bottle though is simply amazing!

Had to troll off to my wardrobe to see which perfumes I actually own... I'm a sticker when it comes to perfumes, because I'm picky; when I find one I like, that'll be the one I stick with. I tend to buy a bit more expensive, because they tend to be better quality - they don't go weird in the bottle, less perfume goes further etc. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I have perfumes that I associate with different things. These are the ones I've got at the moment:

1. Chloe - just the original eau de parfum. This is my favourite day-to-day perfume; it's not too strong that it is overpowering, but it lasts through the day. It's quite fresh and light, with a little bit of sweetness, but not too much. It's got a really beautiful glass bottle, too, which I love because it reminds me of old fashioned perfume bottles.

2. Flora by Gucci - this is heavier than Chloe, and slightly more musky. But, it's a nice scent, and if I'm feeling a change from Chloe on a day-to-day basis, I'll wear this. It's also good for going to sort of smart day time events. Like Chloe, I adore the bottle this one comes it.

3. Daisy by Marc Jacobs - a nice perfume, but not one I wear that much anymore. It's floral, which is kind of my thing when it comes to perfumes, but I can find it a bit sickly though nowadays, compared to when I first started wearing it, so I don't tend to wear it that often anymore. But, I like having it for the occasional time when I want to wear it.

4. Lola by Marc Jacobs - I went through a phase of absolutely adoring this perfume a couple of years back, but now I've realised it just isn't to my taste anymore. It's a wee bit too sickly for me. I keep it, because it's a good 'party' scent; it's quite 'fun'. But, it doesn't scream refined at you, and it takes about 4 days to wear off, it's so potent.

5. Coeur de Fleur by Miller Harris - OK, so this one I steal off my mother on a regular basis. This one is more flowery, but less sweet. It's really, really lovely, and smelling it instantly reminds me of my mama (which is a good thing, because she's a classy lady). I had to go off and spray some of this now I've written about it, and it smells gorgeous. I also really like all the oils and bath products that go with it, partly because they all smell divine, and partly because I'm not allergic to them, which is a major winner! It's probably my favourite perfume.

I'm thinking of getting some bespoke perfume made at some point; my mother and I were talking about it, and it's something we'd really like to do.

That sounds awesome. I'd love to make my own perfume.

I love how you've done like an individual mini review for each one, it helps me for when I want to try new perfumes in the future :-D

*takes notes*

I'm quite horrible at being a girl. Generally the only perfumes I have at my disposal are the ones that my {younger} sister has decided she's no longer interested in, and I only wear them on special occasions. Don't know the names exactly. A lot of things make me cough and sneeze and even when I do happen across something I like I'm generally rather reluctant to actually fork out money for it.

'Tis one of my goals for the summer, actually. 'Learn how to be a better Lady'. Hair styling, perfume, dressing up and makeup past the most basic are all things I haven't ever really bothered to perfect. I doubt I'll ever be someone who cares to dress to the nines on a day to day basis, but its good to have these things at your disposal. XD

I'm immature and usually still wear body sprays from Bath & Body Works ;)

The closest thing I have to actual perfume i "8" by Abercrombie.

I'm immature and usually still wear body sprays from Bath & Body Works ;)

The closest thing I have to actual perfume i "8" by Abercrombie.

It's okay, remember back when they had American Girl products back in like 2007? I got this fruity body spray and it's still one of my absolute favorites hahaha

My sister has something called "Sunshine" from Justice. It's very light, floral, gentle scented. I like that.

I don't really use body sprays anymore, the ones I do have are gifts.

I do have a passion fruit body mist from Boots though, I couldn't really resist at £2.00 for 150ml :P

*takes notes*

I'm quite horrible at being a girl. Generally the only perfumes I have at my disposal are the ones that my {younger} sister has decided she's no longer interested in, and I only wear them on special occasions. Don't know the names exactly. A lot of things make me cough and sneeze and even when I do happen across something I like I'm generally rather reluctant to actually fork out money for it.

'Tis one of my goals for the summer, actually. 'Learn how to be a better Lady'. Hair styling, perfume, dressing up and makeup past the most basic are all things I haven't ever really bothered to perfect. I doubt I'll ever be someone who cares to dress to the nines on a day to day basis, but its good to have these things at your disposal. XD

I need to be better at being a girl. Perfume's one of the few things I CAN do. Hair? PFFT. I THINK NOT.

Wear perfume? You bet! I cannot leave the house without a spritz of perfume. Yep, that's my level of obsession with it. :razz: I love Victoria Secret's line of fragrance.

Sometimes I wear perfume. I've been meaning to start making my own. I found tons of DIY perfume tutorials online :)

Wear perfume? You bet! I cannot leave the house without a spritz of perfume. Yep, that's my level of obsession with it. :razz: I love Victoria Secret's line of fragrance.

I can't get VS here in the UK for a decent price :/ though my sister went to New York last month and got me a fragrance mist from VS. I love it. I think it's called 'Victoria's Secret Angel Gold' :-D

I use the Paris Hilton 'Can Can' It smells so sweet I just cannot get enough of it!

hmm I thought about getting that once, purely because it was so cheap! I'm not a huge fan of Pars Hilton. My perfume collection has a lot of deep musky scents but at the same time, I love sweet smelling perfumes! :-D

Sometimes I wear perfume. I've been meaning to start making my own. I found tons of DIY perfume tutorials online :)

That sounds amazing!

I don't really use body sprays anymore, the ones I do have are gifts.

I do have a passion fruit body mist from Boots though, I couldn't really resist at £2.00 for 150ml :P

I love that one! My local Boots stopped selling it though :( I've never smelled a passionfruit itself but I can live with just having the Boots scent in my life!

I love that one! My local Boots stopped selling it though :( I've never smelled a passionfruit itself but I can live with just having the Boots scent in my life!

Oh no! :scared: ...I hate when Boots stops selling products I like. Same i've never smelt an actual passionfruit but that body mist is beautiful!!. I love the strawberry one as well :-)

I have a special brand of perfume I wear My fave smells A little like (fruity but a little overpowering and it has a scent to it oh most like a old lady but it is very nice)

I have a special brand of perfume I wear My fave smells A little like (fruity but a little overpowering and it has a scent to it oh most like a old lady but it is very nice)

ooh what's it called? :)

I can't wear a whole lot of perfume since my allergies kick in, but I love a light fragrance. I got this one Victoria's Secret kind when shopping with my Aunt and it's called Hello Darling. It's white nectarine and peony, it smells so good!!

My collection so far. Some are full bottles, others are mini bottles and others are samples. I'm starting from my favourites and working my way down to my least favourite.

Alien (EDP) by Thierry Mugler- This stuff is strong! I think with this TM perfume and another one called 'Angel', you either love it or hate it. I can't compare it to any other perfume because it's that unique. It's very expensive so I only wear it on special occasions. Its top notes are heavy on jasmine and then it settles into a nice musky scent. The bottle is actually amazing as well. One or two sprays on the skin easily lasts 24 hours, On clothes, it easily lasts a week.

Alien (EDT) by Thierry Mugler- Same description as above. Most TM fragrances are usually really strong and I have to say this is just as strong as the EDP version

Lady Million (EDP and EDT) by Paco Rabanne- Gorgeous sweet fruity, slightly floral perfume. Top notes heavy on neroli and jasmine. Smells allegedly like what a rich person would wear. Some people find the bottle tacky, I find it awkward to hold because it is literally a gold diamond. I have tried this in the EDT, EDP and Pure perfume version, They each barely last an hour on my skin which is ridiculous because this perfume is also expensive. I know its my body chemistry because it lasts a long time on most people. But the scent reminds me of my childhood so I wear it on special occasions.

Marwah (3ml Perfume oil)- Al Haramain- This is one of my most expensive Arabian perfume oils. I have the 3ml perfume oil and it's been about 6 months and the bottle is still half full. It's that strong. I can't tell you the notes because Arabians use some exotic ingredients in their perfumes.

Black XS (EDT) Paco Rabanne- This is a nice day time perfume. Nothing special, fruity floral. Again, doesn't last too long on my skin. This one isn't too expensive.

Rose (EDT)- Marks and Spencers floral collection- Gorgeous and simple. It smells like heavy rosewater. It came in a trio set with Lavender and Magnolia, those other 2 perfumes don't deserve mentioning in my opinion -_-

Heat (EDP)- Beyonce- I believe I've already explained this one in previous posts.

Amber Ood (14ml concentrated perfume oil)- Rasasi- Again, a gorgeous, cheap, powdery perfume oil from the Arabian house of Rasasi. The bottle is stunning! I may share photos later. I'm guessing the main notes are amber and oud, as the name suggests. The oud is most likely synthetic though. I should also mention that I'm not rich enough to know what real oud (agarwood) smells like.

Amber Oud (EDP)- The body shop- Specially distributed in the United Arab Emirates by the body shop so its not available in the UK unless you go on Ebay. This is similar to Rasasi's Amber Ood. Lovely dry down. Again, main notes are amber and oud.

Daisy (EDT) -Marc Jacobs- Smells like daisies, I didn't love it. I gave it to my sister

Lola (EDP)- Marc Jacobs- Ok, I just don't like this. To me, Marc Jacobs' fragrances smell very...green. I like deep floral musky scents, flourientals and sweet candy scents :-D

Kashka (20ml concentrated perfume oil)- Swiss Arabian- This is so expensive! but I practically got it for free from Ebay. Its a weird scent, too exotic for me, but the gold bottle is a keeper.

Vanderbilt (EDT)- Gloria Vanderbilt- Smells like old lady perfume. but it was a gift so I couldn't refuse :S I don't actually know what to do with this :/

The other perfumes are 'ok' perfumes that don't deserve a mention :P

Ooo, YES!! I like wearing perfume!! :woot: I usually wear Gucci Premiere, but not sure how to describe the scent :o I think if a lady wants to wear perfume... Let her! >:o

So do you wear perfume? Why/Why not?

But of course I wear perfume, because it makes me smell amazing.

I have a few bottles of "expensive perfume" which I save for special occasions. I'm not the kind of girl who douses herself in strong perfume every single day. XD I'm not a fan of Britney Spears at all -_-; but her fragrance products smell great, so I have "Curious", "Fantasy", and "Radiance" from her perfume line. On a regular day I wear stuff that smells more "natural" and "nature-inspired" (e.g. The Body Shop ♥ and Bath & Body Works' products). They're also eco-friendly, which is ossum!

But of course I wear perfume, because it makes me smell amazing.

I have a few bottles of "expensive perfume" which I save for special occasions. I'm not the kind of girl who douses herself in strong perfume every single day. XD I'm not a fan of Britney Spears at all -_-; but her fragrance products smell great, so I have "Curious", "Fantasy", and "Radiance" from her perfume line. On a regular day I wear stuff that smells more "natural" and "nature-inspired" (e.g. The Body Shop ♥ and Bath & Body Works' products). They're also eco-friendly, which is ossum!

I'm yet to try any of Britney Spears' fragrances, When I was in high school..literally every girl wore a Britney perfume -_- though I remember walking into Boots a few months ago and trying on a really nice perfume...then i read the packaging and it turned out to be midnight fantasy by Britney spears.

I'm staring to like The Body Shop :P

these are my most exotic looking bottles at the moment

post-27961-13798236069_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this