Paige Elizabeth

Weed. Yeah, I said it.

weed is ridiculous.....I understand that some medical issues can helped be cured by it but, other than that its just another unnecessary drug that should stay illegal.  

Well, I have a very good explanation to all this. I began following god being the huge pot head I was. Smoking pot completely has you leave the focus and you start worshiping the kush instead of the king. Getting high really makes you get low, you become a slave to the kush and you get high everyday.

Theres a great song by the artist lecrae that explains how pot has you leave focus of god and how youre just wasting time, please check it out! (song 

). But, ultimately, I have learned god does not approve of any recreational drug and I can tell you first hand Ive actually done "testing" about it, i could tell you about it more if youd like. 

For LEGIT medical reasons, not just "I have trouble sleeping" or "my head sometimes hurts" Like legitimate use, I feel god has no issue with medication being used for that very own purpose. If its used just to get high, he therefore disapproves.

Medical weed - fine

Recreational weed - no.

Oh you silly post digger :P the last post was 2014, but I do ultimately feel this is a great issue with people questioning "The bible never says I can't smoke some bud"

Oh you silly post digger :P the last post was 2014, but I do ultimately feel this is a great issue with people questioning "The bible never says I can't smoke some bud"

I'm just interested, not really looking for advice or something, but where says the bible such things?

btw i'd love to hear some more about your experiences, since I recently gave serious thought about trying some, but I wanna know more about it first, or someone to talk be away from it :P

I'm just interested, not really looking for advice or something, but where says the bible such things?

btw i'd love to hear some more about your experiences, since I recently gave serious thought about trying some, but I wanna know more about it first, or someone to talk be away from it :P

Well, I was "addicted" to pot. It is physically impossible to be but it very well easily is mentally addicting. After stopping it was the only thing on my mind and all I wanted was to go back. With that being said, I slip up just like any other drug addict on harder drugs. But, the bible doesn't say anything in the bible about it, nor does it say anything about other drugs though we know those are devil infested aswell. Replace the word alcohol with pot or marijuana. If you still aren't convinced, put it this way. You start worshipping kush becoming a pot head or even if you occasionally do it.

Being "stoned" really gets you low, and it traps you. It really does. You loose all interest in god and you want to just smoke. God is very jealous. He wants our attention always. You begin to not care, and even skip reading the bible a few nights, and a few nights turns into weeks, and you eventually just loose all interest in him being trapped in that habit. Becoming close to god, you can quickly realize god does not like pot or being intoxicated with just about anything just for "pleasure". If its being used as LEGIT medical reasoning and only this reasoning, not just "i have trouble sleeping" or "sometimes I have headaches", its a far different story because god approves of todays medicine for the soul purpose of only healing an issue.

If you do not believe me, ask yourself this. If you smoke weed, are you close to god as much as you'd like to be? You and him have the greatest relationship you two are best friends? No.. Because you lose focus on him. You really do. Me, personally, it was all trying to be satified. You cant be satified with any of these godly pleasures. Its an endless game that gives you 80% satisfaction that just keeps you trying to strive for that extra 20% that you of course will never get. This applies to sex, shopping addictions, tattoes, ect. any mental addiction. You keep telling yourself that one day youll be cool, that the next thing you do, buy, get, you will finally be "cool" or satisfied. But, of course, it never does come. Hope I helped answer your question

Yes, thank you, you did clear out a few things for me.

Yet you tell a lot about how bad addiction is, but how about doing it very sporadicly? I have a few friends who do it like once a month, just for fun, together, and they all have a great time then. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I've read weed makes you only focus on one thing, and ignore the others. That's why high people sometimes just stare, because they are busy with other things in their head. But if you now lay all that focus on God, wouldn't that be a good thing? All your complete attention to him?

I'm just wondering bro

i have no problem with pot. I don't see the big deal with it man. 

with which drugs do you do have problems then?

Yes, thank you, you did clear out a few things for me.

Yet you tell a lot about how bad addiction is, but how about doing it very sporadicly? I have a few friends who do it like once a month, just for fun, together, and they all have a great time then. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I've read weed makes you only focus on one thing, and ignore the others. That's why high people sometimes just stare, because they are busy with other things in their head. But if you now lay all that focus on God, wouldn't that be a good thing? All your complete attention to him?

I'm just wondering bro

Yes but you wouldn't have your focus on God. You'd be to lazy to even read the bible or even pray. I can tell you this first hand you can't have a relationship with Christ smoking pot daily. I don't see issues with occassional use but just like alcohol, it states that you shall not be come intoxicated. Weed wasn't around back then as much as it is now. Ephesians 5:18: And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit. Meaning you should only be high or drunk on the holy spirit, nothing else.

i have no problem with pot. I don't see the big deal with it man. 

As I said before, you lose focus on what is important, God. You become lazy, you very easily loose interest in things when it becomes daily use. This applies with alcohol as well, just replace drunk with high as I said it wasn't around back then. The only thing we should be intoxicated with is the holy spirit. Ephesians 5:18: And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit.

It's hard to say, because not only is it something that harms the body (which God tells us not to do, for our safety and because He Himself dwells in us) but it can develop into something addicting. And that's not fun.

Something else that crossed my mind is that, when people ask "is this and/or this wrong in the Bible" in any kind of way makes me feel a little sad and frustrated. I feel like there's one of two reasons why they're asking it: they felt tempted to do it and wanted to know if it was against God's "rules", or they were genuinely, truly curious with no intentions of wanting it at all. If it was the first reason, them looking for ways to justify the sin and go to the edge as much as possible... if that were the case, why would we try to follow God in the first place? We're supposed to be ridding ourselves of, well, ourselves. Simple as that, I think.

(sorry if that led away from the question, but I had some words I wanted to say lol)

Edited by zibbyjane

It's hard to say, because not only is it something that harms the body (which God tells us not to do, for our safety and because He Himself dwells in us) but it can develop into something addicting. And that's not fun.

Something else that crossed my mind is that, when people ask "is this and/or this wrong in the Bible" in any kind of way makes me feel a little sad and frustrated. I feel like there's one of two reasons why they're asking it: they felt tempted to do it and wanted to know if it was against God's "rules", or they were genuinely, truly curious with no intentions of wanting it at all. If it was the first reason, them looking for ways to justify the sin and go to the edge as much as possible... if that were the case, why would we try to follow God in the first place? We're supposed to be ridding ourselves of, well, ourselves. Simple as that, I think.

(sorry if that led away from the question, but I had some words I wanted to say lol)

You're exactly right. Even on the addiction part, because as I stated before, anything that brings us pleasure is addictive. You can be addicted to shopping, people, sex, you can be addicted to smacking yourself if it somehow brings you pleasure.

with which drugs do you do have problems then?

Personally, mostly Meth and Heroin, or any addictive drug that you could easily overdose on.

Personally, mostly Meth and Heroin, or any addictive drug that you could easily overdose on.

agreed

Although meth isn't that easy to overdose.

Unless you're ultimately stupid or hardcore-addict, and then you deserve to make that mistake.

This thread title is so cringe.

much cringe 

such worthy

wow

I think she confused the word with Voldemort. Too bad he does not bring so much joy.

Edited by Sappho

A friend and I were talking...

Is smoking weed against the bible? I'm not confirming that I smoke it on a regular basis or anything... Just wondering.

My denomination believes any brain/mind altering chemicals are against the Bible.

I have never done drugs, by the way.

My denomination believes any brain/mind altering chemicals are against the Bible.

Why to the first part. 

Why to the first part. 

Typically they'll go with the "your body is a temple" verse and work from there................. I don't expect people to understand, it's just, my opinion will tend to coincide with the Church's these days, I bet. Within reason, of course.

Which products are according to you drugs?

For exemple some medicines also alter you brain.

Which products are according to you drugs?

For exemple some medicines also alter you brain.

They tend to believe you have to be really careful, but that "medicine monitored by a physician" isn't necessarily wrong.

As for something like medical m______a, I don't know the answer.

They tend to believe you have to be really careful, but that "medicine monitored by a physician" isn't necessarily wrong.

As for something like medical m______a, I don't know the answer.

Not saying this to directly confront you, but I don't really see the difference when someone holds up that limitation.

They both alter your brain and you take them in willingly to make you more happy (or you know what i mean).

Just curious why.