The age I'd settle on is 23-24 for most people I know.

I'll just echo what's been said earlier - maturity is the important thing here.

I believe that if the bride is relatively young, the groom should be at least a few years older so that he can provide both financially, emotionally and spiritually. He should know more about life so that he can be the leader in the family.

I always use my parents as a positive example: my mom was 21 and my dad was 31 when they got married. A lot of people might balk at the idea, but they both shared the same calling and desire to serve the Lord overseas, and my mother was an incredibly mature, independent, confident young woman who'd been living on her own since age 17 (incidentally, I have too). She was comfortable and secure with who she was as an individual - and that's something many women don't achieve until later life. My parents are still happily married and in love and continue to serve God together, and they've raised me and my sisters well.

Then I've seen very poor examples of what happens when you get married too young and you're not prepared for it.

It comes down to the individual; to his or her life experience (or lack thereof), perspective, family background (what was his/her parents' relationship like?), faith, view on marriage, emotional stability, self-image, and probably some other factors I'm missing.

Personally I'm comfortable with the idea of marrying as early as 20, if my husband is significantly older. My mom once told me she sincerely believes I'd be ready for marriage at 19 - and this was when I was still 16. And she didn't believe the same thing for my sisters who are in their twenties already. I trust her judgment.

Depends on the person and your life situation. I like the 25-27 range, you're done with college, got your career underway...go for it!

Much younger than that and... well, like I said, depends on the people in question. I'm sure quite a few younger people can handle it.

yeah i agree you. Some can get married at like 18 and still be together 50 years later, while others get married at 25 or so and get divorced by age 30 or even sooner. It depends on the people involved in my opinion too. Some people just grow up faster and can handle more responsibility and also have a stronger relationship with their partner than others can.

But 25-26 seem like decent ages. I wouldn't want to marry younger than that really, there's things i need/want to do before i tie the knot. But who knows what God has planned, he's already got me pulling my hair out lol.

well that was longer than expected lol

Honestly, I supported early marriage even long before my own decision to marry at 18. Marriage takes exactly one thing: a commitment to love. That's not cliche, it's reality. If you love, know what it means to love, and as surely as God lives will stop at nothing for your marriage to survive, then I would say to go for it no matter what other factors. It doesn't have to be all ready before you start any more than your holiness needs to be complete before you trust Christ.

So, I'm assuming you're claiming to know what love and commitment are really about?

One thing I've learned from my parents' divorce is that you can talk about love and commitment until you're blue in the face but it has no real value until you've actually followed through with it. You seem to know about the tricks of the trade, but you gotta learn the trade, my friend. That only comes by actually being in it. Not reading, hearing or talking about it as you have been doing.

As Maya Angelou has said, "You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg."

So, I'm assuming you're claiming to know what love and commitment are really about?
Not perfectly, just enough to dunk into it and find the rest out as I go. Fortunately, I have had the benefit of some of the best examples of these things around me my whole life, and I've had proper preaching and teaching that is often missed. While I obviously am not an expert, God has graced me with a workable foundation.
One thing I've learned from my parents' divorce is that you can talk about love and commitment until you're blue in the face but it has no real value until you've actually followed through with it. You seem to know about the tricks of the trade, but you gotta learn the trade, my friend. That only comes by actually being in it. Not reading, hearing or talking about it as you have been doing.

As Maya Angelou has said, "You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg."

Agreed.

I think they set the legal age without consent at 18 for a reason. And while I don't think everyone should get married at 18, I think it's a good choice for some. It takes a lot of maturity, no doubt. But as the Bible says, it is better to marry than burn with lust. So if you are already in a serious and committed relationship (not a teenage fling) and are having trouble abstaining, I believe marriage should be considered. It should not be considered at that age if you are uncertain though. It can also depend on how long you've been together. If you are only 18, but have stuck it out for years with your partner, the chances of you up and leaving go down. Dating is meant to be the test run before marriage, to see if you are compatible partners for life. So I think it ultimately depends on the relationship in question.

I'm still young, but I've been in my relationship for three years. Personally, I believe I could handle marriage at my age. But then again, I'm already a mother, so I've had to grow up a lot.

As I said, it really just depends on the couple/individual.

When one is ready....

I've seen people ready at 19, and know thirty-somethings still not. Age isn't the issue; maturity and wisdom are.