Sign in to follow this  
deeee_l0ve

friends who are not christians

how do you deal and evangelize to friends who are not christian and make them really understand and devote their lives to Christ?

hmmm...well, I say the best way is to pray for your friends a whole ton. Prayer is powerful like that. But I know that I, personally, am very open about my religion. Since I'm Orthodox, a lot of people don't know what that is, so I find myself explaining things like Pascha (Easter) to my Muslim friends, agnostic friends, Hindu friends, and Buddhist friends. The best thing you can do besides praying is just being very open about your religion, just not being ashamed or shy about it. Having said that, human beings don't respond well to being force-fed someone else's religious beliefs. I think that as long as you act Christian (loving, compassionate, peaceful, and humble), pray for your friends, and do everything you can to be a good friend, they should see that Christ is in you. And if it ever gets to a time when your friends wonder about God, and think deeply about existence and such (believe me, everyone goes through that at some point), I'd suggest to them a copy of C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity." That book made ME believe in God more, and I've been Christian all my life. I think the bottom line is, pray for them constantly, behave like a Christian should around them, don't be ashamed to voice your opinions about Christianity, and help them out if they ever have questions. They'll definitely notice. But whether they choose to accept God into their hearts is up to God: all you can do are the things I've said. But their souls are ultimately in God's hands, and He will reveal Himself to them eventually. Do all you can, pray for them always, and God will do the rest, believe me :)

Start by loving them for who they are where they're at. They're not gonna want to listen to you if you don't first listen to them. I think evangelism like that takes time and you have to build up that relationship and a sense of trust. Once they recognize they can trust you they'll be more willing to listen to your religious/spiritual beliefs as well.

Well, praying for them is obviously the first thing that comes to mind. However, I would resist "throwing" Christianity in their faces, for that will more than likely turn them away. Show them your faith through your works. Love them as they are. If they are ever open to talking about it, explain to them what it means to live for and have faith in Christ. Also, have compassion and try to understand how they see things.

You can't "make" a non-Christian friend do anything. Treat them with love, care about them for *who they are* and DON'T make them feel like you're only their friend in order to convert them. They may ask you questions eventually; make sure that if they do, you don't just jump into evangelizing. Frankly, a lot of 'evangelizing' techniques taught in churches really put off modern non-Christians.

It might be more effective to use subtlety.

For instance, ask them what they did on Friday night. If they return the question, you can say that you went to a youth group, and if they ask further questions try to invite them to come next time. Or you could ask them if they're in any student college/high school clubs if you're in a Christian-related one. Don't do this too soon though (i.e. wait until 4+ discussion turns) because it might look as though you brought up the subject solely to advertise the group.

If they take up your offer, it also helps if you can introduce them to a group of Christian friends at the church/youth group/Christian group. This is because it's part of human nature to want to be part of a group, and if it happens they'll be more likely to come next time.

Just like Jesus did, the best way to teach is by example. Work to get your relationship with Christ good and strong. Love your friends unconditionally, just as He loves you. In time, they will see how Christ has changed you. I myself came to know God because a good friend of mine. I saw how they lived and it made me want to know God. Whatever you do, do not get angry with them and do not judge them. They will be much more willing to accept you once you accept them. After they understand you love them no matter what, try discussing what they believe with them, and in turn share your beliefs. Try to understand them. Be there for them, no matter what. If they wish to know God, it is more than likely that they will come to you when they know you will not be hateful or pushy with them. Remember to pray for them as well. Ask God to open their hearts and give you the wisdom to share His Word with them.

how do you deal and evangelize to friends who are not christian and make them really understand and devote their lives to Christ?

You sodding well don't make anyone.

You're a positive influence, you find the line between sharing your interests and being obnoxious. Find that line and respect each other and if you respect and care about someone enough disagree with them from time to time.