Sign in to follow this  
IceAndFire1328

160,000 people die every day. What is their eternal destiny?

Between 40,000 and 150,000 people go to Hell every day. Is this relevant to you?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Between 40,000 and 150,000 people go to Hell every day. Is this relevant to you?

• Totally irrelevant: there is nothing we can do to alter the eternal destiny of these people.
    • Totally relevant: there is much we can do to alter the eternal destiny of these people.
    • I am unsure:

Poll Survey: The World’s Mortality Rate

Over 162,000 will die on an average day. What is their eternal destiny? Obviously, we have no idea. However, some people have estimated that only 7% of the world’s population adheres to the Biblical plan of salvation. Even if that estimate is totally wrong and the number is actually 70%, that still means that over 48,000 are going to Hell every day.

What is the relevancy of these numbers? Should these numbers have any impact on our lives? I’m conducting a poll and would like your opinion on this issue.

Calculations:

World’s population: 7.08 billion

A little less than 1% (0.837%) of the world’s population died last year

7.08 billion x .837% (.00837) = 59,259,600 deaths a year

59,259,600 divided by 365 days = 162,355 deaths a day

162,355 x 30% (.30) = 48,706 people going to Hell

Personally I feel that this poll is flawed because, as Paul Washer said, we don't know for a fact if people are saved or not. Paul says that he fears people who say "yes you're a Christian" or "no you're not a Christian". We as humans can't tell if someone is saved or not, but we can tell men how to be saved and that's our goal on earth.

it makes me sad to know, even if the numbers are wrong, I do know for a fact that the road that leads to destruction is broader and many are those that are on it. I think it should stir up a love for evangelism, saving 1 person who in turns saves another person adds up.

it makes me sad to know, even if the numbers are wrong, I do know for a fact that the road that leads to destruction is broader and many are those that are on it. I think it should stir up a love for evangelism, saving 1 person who in turns saves another person adds up.
I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately a lot of churches and evangelical groups these days are pressured to leave hell out of their message because it's no longer politically correct or something stupid like that. It almost defeats the purpose and really waters down the gospel message.

I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately a lot of churches and evangelical groups these days are pressured to leave hell out of their message because it's no longer politically correct or something stupid like that. It almost defeats the purpose and really waters down the gospel message.

Actually, I dont think people have to get saved with the idea of escaping hell. The purpose of the gospel is to have a relationship with our Heavenly Father. The message of grace, the idea that we are not saved by works but by God's own sacrifice should stir up the hearts of people. But this doesn't mean hell shouldn't be preached, because Jesus talks of hell more than anyone else in the Bible and hence it would be wrong as christians to not follow His example.

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Actually, I dont think people have to get saved with the idea of escaping hell. The purpose of the gospel is to have a relationship with our Heavenly Father. The message of grace, the idea that we are not saved by works but by God's own sacrifice should stir up the hearts of people. But this doesn't mean hell shouldn't be preached, because Jesus talks of hell more than anyone else in the Bible and hence it would be wrong as christians to not follow His example.

Forget what I've written. Different messages stirs up the hearts of different people. People are saved by different sermons, hence all messages are equally important and therefore one shouldn't be left out. Someone can be saved by the message of hell, others by the message of love, but what they all have in common is that they bring one closer to God. So you're right, we should talk about the full message Christ preached. Rather than what gives us congregations, and favor with men, our general idea is to glorify Christ and not our own works. Preachers should ignore the criticisms of the world, who just care about tainting the gospel and preach Christ.

That's so sad! We can't know another's heart, but probably most of those people do not have faith in the true God. As hard as it is we have to be brave and share our hope with our friends, family, and anyone who crosses our path who we feel God's calling to tell.

The unsaved eternal destiny is death, not conscious torture. Their punishment is not pain for eternity, but losing their physical life and soul. Being nothing and feeling nothing for eternity. Some of you may disagree with me and that's fine, but I take the Bible literally and no one accuse me otherwise. Just like I don't believe God meant us to read millions of years and/or Evolution into the Genesis account. I also don't believe God meant us to read eternal torment into the over a hundred places the Bible uses terms like death, destruction, perish etc. to describe "Hell".

The relevancy and impact of those numbers should not be any greater today than at the time of Noah, when God justly wiped out all but eight people. After death comes judgement, every sinner has always needed to hear the gospel of the Jesus Christ, knowing just as Noah could only be saved in the Ark as a type of Christ, people can only be saved in Christ.

This doesn't contribute really because I'm bad at thinking about these kinds of things but every time I see this thread I get that part of Don't Fear the Reaper stuck in my head. The "40,000 men and women everyday - redefine happiness" part haha

Can I choose option 4, the eternal destiny is irrelevant; what really matters is the day-to-day life happening right now?

It's quite sad and unfortunate, but there's not much that we can do about it (other than preach the gospel).

I believe option 2. We can't save anyone but there is much that we as Christians can do to try & keep people out of Hell. Pray, witness, & live a life as close to holy as we can just to name a few things we can do.

Guest TheNewBreed

Nothing we can do. If you want me to elaborate my thoughts on this... Uh... it would get rather lengthy

You mean like excommunication? :laugh:

And to you sir, the slow, poe-faced applaud of approval.

tumblr_m4nikbnLH61r08oe3o1_500.gif

My comment wasn't meant to be read as an attack on your beliefs. Also, I believe Origen was never made a saint as a result of his questionable orthodoxy?

My comment wasn't meant to be read as an attack on your beliefs. Also, I believe Origen was never made a saint as a result of his questionable orthodoxy?
Origen is saintly enough. I am of questionable Orthodoxy, so I rather do not mind.