Sign in to follow this  
PrayLoveEat

Organ and Blood donation!

What is your stance on organ and blood donations?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance on organ and blood donations?

• Yes to organ donation
    • No to organ donation
    • Yes to blood donation
    • No to blood donation
    • Yes to both
    • No to both

Lol definetly with out the jellyfish bit

Jellyfish?! What on earth did I miss?!

I cannot donate blood due to some medications I am on.  I am an organ donor, but am unsure which organs would be suitable to donate with my conditions.  I have also I am an adult (22) chosen to not go on a liver transplant list ( even if I was offered a spot) Due again to being on life-long medications.  They may not even give me that option, but I have made that decision if and when that comes up.

I donate blood pretty regularily. I'm AB+, so my whole blood is pretty much usless, but AB+ is actually the universal plasma donor, and they can get that out of the whole blood. So they still love me and give me cookies. :) I'm thinking about becoming a plasma donor, because you can do that more often anyway.

With the whole "EMTs won't try as hard" thing... I just got my EMT cert. If we scrape an apparently dead person off the street, if that person is an organ donor, it would be entirely senseless to not put everything into saving them. Mostly because, why would we let the person in front of us die to possibly save someone we'll never meet? But also because if the organs lack oxygen for too long, they'll become usless. So we actually learned in class to NOT give up on the donors, even it looks to be humanly impossible to save them.

We also learned that a lot of the good organs come from young males, 'cause they're healthy people who take risks and are more likely to die of trauma than the rest of the population. So wear your motorcycle helmets, people.