Guest Lian

Helps for 'Becoming a Morning People'

Guest Lian

Yo family,

As I said I am a 16 year-old teenager,SO I must use the time wisely as I'm still a youngster.Therefore, I want to become a morning person. I already begin my early riser-planned since last year (near my important exam in secondary school) but didn't success. :( I feel like Im wasting the early golden morning to lay back and sleep but I still can got a good enough result for my Lower Secondary Assessment (Although I target for straight-A but I got 5A3B in 8 subjects I take). This year is my first year of High school life and I also plan to be morning riser BUT IM VERY SAD ABOUT MYSELF..I ALWAYS FAILED THIS...I set my phone alarm for wake up at 3am or 4am for studying& doing revision but when I wake up,I go change the alarm again and back to sleep..second time..third time..fourth time...STILL THE SAME,wake up early but feel very tired and go change the alarm settings then go back to sleep...so tired of myself and I got a big bad habit that annoying me so much but I didn't feel like to mention it here..sorry..

Last night,I set the alarm for wake up at 3.30am because I need revise and study for my history&chemistry exam and I pray that I hope Lord Father will give me the strength to change myself.Unfortunately, I done the bad again this morning.

I know my bad things but I feel like I got controlled by these things ,hard to say'NO' & resist it...I destroy my wonderful teenager's life..I destroy my road to become an excellent teacher..I sorry for my family,myself and Him. :'(

Please give some advice that may give me chance to be early riser and BEAT DOWN THE BAD.

Yeah... becoming an early riser as a teenager is not the best idea. This is simply because teenagers get their best sleep in the morning (this is due to having a later production of melatonin). I'm not saying you should sleep in till 12, but you're not doing yourself any favours by trying to be up at 4am in the morning.

Guest Lian

what time(early morning) should i wake up?

Guest Lian

Thanks.Then, what Do's and Don'ts before sleep? :P

I find that listening to music helps - especially on headphones (try something with a high tempo or great beat).

Guest Mike Spero

You should graduate early like me. Then you can be up all night and have nothing to do the next day ^.^ But if you're trying to be a morning person, stiff-arm through it. Don't turn to coffee or energy drinks or anything that will develop a "need" for being awake. Instead, try exercising or just flopping on the floor and doing some push ups before bed, turn all electronics off excluding white noise machines or music ONLY if the music is boring and soothing to you. No metal or "favorite songs" are going to help you sleep. And finally, you'll obviously have to sleep more so go to bed earlier, and lie in bed with your eyes closed and try to numb your thoughts down to something serene until you drift off. It'll take a few days to adjust, but until then don't give up on trying to sleep until you finally pass out, and definitely kick yourself in the first few mornings to get right up at your alarm. After that it'll become basically nature. Or, it should, at least.

(Just to contribute nothing to this perfectly good thread, here are some funny memes:

d494b4fbd8df1ecebeab625894685c4d4a1b96d4

hipster-kitty-meme-generator-i-m-nocturn

g13363755226987753.jpg