Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheNewBreed

Role play?

Guest TheNewBreed

Ok, I'm going to take a shot here and be honest. Anyways, I've felt really convicted today over a sin I committed. I got into a sexual roleplay over text between me and one of my friends. It started as merely a joke to see who dropped out first, and me being the stubborn idiot I am I wasn't going to lose. Anyways, it got really in-depth and FULLY sexual and I have been lamenting my idiocracy all day. Are sins like this equal to that of actually having sex with someone? I wasn't picturing myself doing it nor was my friend. I don't know if it's necessary to elaborate on that and would rather not at this point. Honestly, it didn't start off with me having a sexual agenda at all, it was innocent at first. To be honest I can't say I didn't enjoy it somewhat and as someone who struggles already with sins online I am worried by if I may get into this now as I know there are many areas for this sort of thing. I really need some elaboration and advice, I don't know how to feel about this. I feel even further desecrated and like I've cheated on the person I'm dating. Anyone have any thoughts or comments? I don't care what you have to say, I want to know the truth

Guest TheNewBreed
Since you're feeling very guilty about it and it caused you to lust and you "liked it".... hate to break it to ya but yeah' date=' you screwed up. No, you didn't loose your virginity or come close to it, but it did cause you to feel guilty and possibly lust, which isn't any better. Sin is sin. As you are probably aware of, sexual sins can involve anything that causes pleasure and lust, even without actual physical contact. Judging from what you've described, this sounds like the equivalent of cyber or phone sex.

But of course, you can be forgiven :) I would definitely end this sexual conversation and maybe even take a break from role play for a while. Pray about it and pray to be strong so you won't fall into this trap again. And though it'll be awkward, I would also suggest talking to this friend that you were role playing with and explain that you believe that convo go out of hand and you don't want to go there again, even if it was make-believe.[/quote']

That's a good idea to talk to him. I honestly never rp-ed in depth before and on the rare occasion when I do at all it's over one topic, outside of that I find it childish. (my avatar's no hint btw) I know I'm forgiven for it, I just don't know whether or not this sin would be considered equal to sex or if I should text my gf and pretty much tell her I'm an idiot and practically cheated with one of my male friends :/ I really screwed up, and a much stronger word would have been put instead of screwed if this wasn't a modded forum :/

I know I'm forgiven for it, I just don't know whether or not this sin would be considered equal to sex or if I should text my gf and pretty much tell her I'm an idiot and practically cheated with one of my male friends :/ I really screwed up, and a much stronger word would have been put instead of screwed if this wasn't a modded forum :/

Here's the deal. I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't tell her, but if you're going to tell your girlfriend about it, then you have to be SPECIFIC . And I know you know this, but don't text her and be like, "Hey, I think I cheated on you with a guy." In fact, don't text her at all. At the very least call her. Tell her you feel really horrible about it and explain it. As Madi said, lust is lust. It's forgiven. Keep yourself from it, pray about it, and use discernment in what you say.

I've been in a similar situation before. Don't be surprised if she doesn't understand it at first. It may take some time.

I think you are being a little rough on yourself. If you enjoy RP I know how it could be kind of easy to get into this sort of thing. But honestly if you weren't for lack of better terms "getting off" on it than it was not lust and it really that bad to begin with. The only issue is that it could possibly lead to that sort of situation which turns it into a morally grey situation.

Role play sex isn't bad if you aren't actively lusting or pursuing it. It's no different than discussing sexual activity which is by no means inherently wrong.

And like I said if you weren't getting off or trying to pursue the boy in any other way it's not cheating and you don't "have" to tell your SO but you can if you feel compelled. You were just discussing sex.

Guest TheNewBreed

I don't see it that way CrescentHeart and yes Zhouburn, I did explain it to her and she forgave me for it.

The thing CrescentHeart is it's not something I really do enjoy unless it is sexual, hence it is not a good thing. Anyways, I just don't know how I feel about having done it in the end. We all like to say, "Oh I'd never do this or that" but this helped me wake up a little and realize nothing can be discarded when it comes to me. And again, it was not innocent or just for fun, somewhere along the line it came to being something entirely sexual and erotic

I don't see it that way CrescentHeart and yes Zhouburn, I did explain it to her and she forgave me for it.

The thing CrescentHeart is it's not something I really do enjoy unless it is sexual, hence it is not a good thing. Anyways, I just don't know how I feel about having done it in the end. We all like to say, "Oh I'd never do this or that" but this helped me wake up a little and realize nothing can be discarded when it comes to me. And again, it was not innocent or just for fun, somewhere along the line it came to being something entirely sexual and erotic

I suppose I got confused by when you said

I wasn't picturing myself doing it nor was my friend.

I stick by what I said though I don't think it applies in your case because from what I think now you were "getting off" on it.

Guest TheNewBreed
I suppose I got confused by when you said

That's because... Ugh I don't feel like explaining this DX

Anyways, in a way it was us but it wasn't. Do I really have to explain this for you all to get it?

That's because... Ugh I don't feel like explaining this DX

Anyways, in a way it was us but it wasn't. Do I really have to explain this for you all to get it?

I understand what you mean at this point, but you still proposed a non-feeling rather than an out-of-body experience. Which led to my confusion.

Guest TheNewBreed
I understand what you mean at this point, but you still proposed a non-feeling rather than an out-of-body experience. Which led to my confusion.

Uh... now I think I'm the confused one. What did you mean by that?

(and I almost did it again today, F@*%$*@#%(@^@Q(*T@*$)!(*!!!!)

During role play you can experience an out of body experience somewhat like controlling an avatar, an out of personality experience such as you become the character, or a non-feeling similarly to writing a script. The later is the one that would be least likely to be lusting.

What your dealing with can be tricky.... If you need to talk, as always i am here and am happy to PM with you.

Guest TheNewBreed
During role play you can experience an out of body experience somewhat like controlling an avatar, an out of personality experience such as you become the character, or a non-feeling similarly to writing a script. The later is the one that would be least likely to be lusting.

What your dealing with can be tricky.... If you need to talk, as always i am here and am happy to PM with you.

I'm alright, I've never really liked including people who aren't very close to me into things personally and outside of a group. Also, I knew it was wrong and lustful, I just didn't know how wrong it would be considered and primarily was afraid it would be considered cheating cause I love my gf and would have hated myself for doing that. Anyways, I welcome the newest member on my long list of struggles :/

Sign in to follow this