Sign in to follow this  
Underoath434

Is it selfish to pray for help with loneliness?

Hi guys.

I don't want to go into a lot of detail here but I am really struggling with loneliness here. I have some sort of social anxiety that makes it impossible

for me to talk/interact with girls I like. It feels like everyone else is rich with love and I am always the poorest. This problem of mine has developed into

a deep fear of growing up alone and missing out. I feel like I am constantly wasting time that I could have spent with someone if I could just

get myself to do something.

I pray every night for God to just help me out with my fears, or to just put someone in my life that would lift this stone from my chest. My exams

are coming up and I can't seem to concentrate at all if it constantly feels like my something is clawing at my chest.

Is it selfish of me to ask God to cure this loneliness? Is this something that can be worked on, or am I doomed to always love but never be loved.

I know there will be people that will say all I need is Gods' love and so forth.. but to be quite frank that isn't working for me at this stage.

Well... I personally don't think that's very selfish. God wants you to be happy, He wants you to be loved by others, He wants you to smile and laugh, and He doesn't want you to be sad all the time. Praying for a companion/friend is fine. After all, God saw that Adam was quite lonely, so He made Eve. I'm sure He has someone very special in mind that will soon come into your life.

I don't think its selfish at all to ask God to help you with your loneliness, I've asked many a times to send someone for me to be friends with. And no you are not doomed to be lonely for the rest of your life, God loves you :hug: He will send someone who is nice and just right for you, don't worry:)

I don't see why that's selfish. He can comfort you with His love and ever-presence. He WANTS to be with you and WANTS to have a relationship with you! That thought alone should help with your loneliness :)

Even God said that it is not good for man to be alone. We are meant for companionship. And hey, God wants you to "cast your cares on Him, for He cares for you." Don't be afraid to do that!

Of course not. God loves you. He doesn't want you to be lonely/sad. Just remember that you are never truly alone. God is always with you and He cares for you.

I also think Satan wants us to feel alone/isolated from others because there is strength in numbers. You have a lot of brothers and sisters in Christ. Really, if you knew how much you might even feel smothered. Lol.

The only way you praying could get selfish is if you ONLY prayed for yourself, because we are to love/care/pray for others as well. But I doubt that's the case here. Just remember you are important to God, even if you don't feel that way. He made you for a specific purpose and no one else can fill those shoes.

Keep praying and keep your eyes on the sky.

God bless!

Of course not that is the purpose of prayer to ask god to make both ours and others lives easier and happier

I think that pretty much sums up the point of prayer unless you just want to babble to god like I do