Sign in to follow this  
kb5462

Crafts/Homemade Goods?

Anyone else into making things at home, like crafts, knitting, sewing etc.?

I made a skirt this morning, out of an old babydoll top I had, so I thought I'd share that, but the pictures are like HUGE on here; so, if you want to see it, you can find it here.

Feel free to post pics/links of the things you like to make!

I hand sew plushies. This is my most recent work:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5337[/ATTACH]

That's precious. How do??? Do you use a pattern or come up with it in your head or...???

That's precious. How do??? Do you use a pattern or come up with it in your head or...???

I use patterns on the internet. I haven't done this enough to figure out how to make my own patterns yet. I have a vague idea, I just haven't tried yet. The stitches and all though, I don't usually have directions for those, so I just use the ones that make sense to me for the project.

I love doing crafts like that. In fact, up until about a month ago, I was a partner in a shop that sold home made gifts including quilts, home made baby/toddler clothes, dolls, stuffed animals, bath and body items, etc.

I mostly made jewelry for the shop, along with home made, all natural, hypo-allergenic lotions, body washes, and scrubs. I also crochet and sew.

I learned over the summer how to make those bracelets from string. And I'm currently trying to turn one of my old camp shirts into a pillow.

It's dangerous for me to learn how to make things, I tend to go into overdrive and end up with thousands of whatever it is I've gotten into :P

I make jewelry. :) In fact, I've made jewelry for friends to use while

a) entering beauty pageants

B) going to prom

and, most recently,

c) getting married.

:) It's a fun, shiny, sparkly hobby.

I enjoy beading necklaces and bracelets, and I also enjoy crocheting and latch-hooking. My most recent escapade is learning how to needle tat. Anybody else here who likes tatting?

I enjoy beading necklaces and bracelets, and I also enjoy crocheting and latch-hooking. My most recent escapade is learning how to needle tat. Anybody else here who likes tatting?

That sounds interesting. What is it? I've heard of it but am not really sure what it is.

I LOVE beading! I've made prayer ropes for other people, I made myself one, and I just made this necklace. The pendant is glass, the orangey-things are agates from an old bracelet of mine.

I am very proud of it. 

file://localhost/Users/Quinault/Desktop/IMG_1445.JPG

Edited by paraskeve

I made dis. 

11899807_10207587978923648_6685317307073

It's a coffee table. Found the idea on Pinterest. I'm kinda weirdly proud of it. Now all I gotta do is find some pretty casters to put it up on.  ^_^

Edited by Marley