Sign in to follow this  
Rosie96

Why so permiscuous?

Well, lately I've been feeling very alone on this issue. I am not a judgmental person and I understand that everyone makes bad decisions. The thing I want to bring up is promiscuity.

My best friend (who has quickly changed due to peer pressure) feels the need to tell me of her sexual exploits and meaningless encounters. She justifies and and seems to think that it makes her cool.

I guess in today's society it is? But truthfully most of the girls I know who are sexually active are in monogamous relationships first.

I don't think our friendship will last much longer because we are now so different. (I believe in love and fidelity) but I am saddened to hear her shrug it off, like it doesn't matter.

What do you think? Does it still matter to at least one girl out there like it matters to me? Thoughts and opinions please!

You're not alone. I'm sure it matters to almost everyone else on this website... save for me and a handful of others.

If you're not comfortable hearing about what she does, just tell her that you rather not have a conversation like that. If you don't feel like being friends anymore, don't. People change and if you can't deal with that, then find someone else to be friends with.

This is a very serious issue among most Christians I know. You want my honest opinion?

If she hasn't found Christ, give me one reason she would turn away from this form of evil. Promiscuity is an element of this world that is just about everywhere. Most indulge in it because it's considered desirable and normal behavior. Those who live for this world and not for God will live according to society. This being said, I think your friend needs you now more than ever.

Often I see people bragging about such things when they actually aren't that happy with it. They want to fit in badly enough to lower themselves to such actions because they feel alone in the first place. Why else would someone do whatever was 'cool' at the time? To gain attention. Sooner or later your friend will learn the hard way that this attention is temporary and damaging to her self worth in a very permanent way. You need to express acceptance for who she is, not what she does and be an example of Godly love.

Too often we make a habit of turning away from situations that are unpleasant or difficult for us when it could be life changing for someone else. Instead of telling yourself how much you don't like how your friend is acting, ask yourself what you can do to help her better herself.

And always pray. God will show you the way when you get lost.

Praying for both you and her!

God Bless. <3

This isn't the case for EVERY girl, but I think when people sleep with multiple people, especially at a young age, there is a deeper problem than just "wanting to be cool." I think the reason why some girls become so promiscious is because of insecurities, not knowing how to cope with failed relationships ("rebounds"), and bigger issues at home and in their personal lives. You're right to not judge, but you are also right in worrying about her. She definitely needs prayers, and for you to stick by her as a friend :) And I also don't think that it's unreasonable for you to ask her to not talk so much about her sexual encounters, unless she has an honest concern/question/needs help.

Sign in to follow this