Sign in to follow this  
HaleyGirl16

2 Big Announcements

So, I know it's probably a bit of a surprise for everyone to hear from me. As many of you know, I left on May 25th to go on a mission trip for 3 months. The time is quickly drawing close to when I leave, only about a month left. We've seen countless souls saved, had numerous doors opened to us for ministry in the community (including in 2 PUBLIC schools, one elementary and one high school), and I've been baptized :) I'm very happy up here, and I'm growing in leaps & bounds in all areas of my life: spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical. I finally feel like I understand part of God's plan for me, and I'm more than ready to move forward with it. Which brings me to my announcements.

I'll start with the one that everyone will like first: I have been offered a year long paid internship working with a Children's Ministry director who has 15 years of experience in various settings. I would still be working in the community as a missionary, but when it came specifically to this church that I'm helping to plant, I will be learning how to lead an effective Children's Ministry in all areas. I would also be singing with the church worship team (which I have been doing for the past 3 weeks or so). This is a chance that I have prayed for on multiple occasions, especially over the last 2 years. Which is why I've accepted the position. I leave to go home from the mission trip on August 4th. Assuming that my housing is in order, I will be moving back up here on August 17th to stay for at least a year. I'm very humbled, blessed, and excited to see what God has in store for my life and ministry. I'm honored to continue to serve him in this community that has such a desperate need for God.

Aside from that, I'll be working as a counselor at a Christian camp for several weeks next summer (to go along with my missionary work at this church). I've also had some foreign missionary opportunities opened to me as well. I'm currently praying about being a sponsor for a trip to Guatemala next summer, which would require me to lead a group of youth for 10 days in construction and ministering in various areas of the country. If all goes according to plan, we'll know by March of next year whether or not I'll be able to go.

And now, for the part that my friends on here won't be too crazy about...... I've decided not to return to CTF to any measurable capacity for the next year or more. I'll even refrain from logging in to respond to any comments here. I say this, because I know I said I would come back when I got home; but now I have so many different things going on, I feel as though it would be detrimental to my work here that needs my whole spiritual and physical attention. I believe it would also be detrimental to my spiritual walk, because I'm finally at a place where I feel like I'm growing and figuring out my identity as a young woman in Christ, as well as a missionary. With no hard feelings, I will be removing the largest majority of you from all of my social networking sites. The only people I will keep are those on my Skype, and that's because I'm rarely on their anyway anymore. So I haven't died, I haven't forgot about you all, I've simply decided not to become active again. Not anytime in the next year or so anyway.

I'm praying for each and every one of you. Please don't be angry or sad if I delete you from Facebook or Twitter, it's not you, it's me. (cliche I know right?)

In His Steps

-Haley

That sounds wonderful Haley, and so happy for you. :-)

Luck in life and God Bless.

You'll do great.

My heart was so happy for you until I read the last paragraph. You'll be missed from here Haley! I hope to see you return someday in the future! Good luck sis.

Sad news for CTF, but wonderful news for you. I'll remember you in my prayers.

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you." II Cor 13:14

Aww, we'll miss you, Haley! D:

But I hope you have a simply fantastic time in the next year! We'll remember you ^^