MoonAndStars

Are thongs slutty?

I've never owned a pair, but I'm thinking about getting a couple pairs next week. I only want them so that I can wear tights, leggings, yoga pants, etc without panty lines or having to wear spandex under the yoga pants to hide them. I don't think my mom is into them, though. She thinks they're slutty. I don't agree though because my only purpose in wearing them is for those kinds of clothes. I would wear my other underwear under everything else. I'm not wearing them to get boys, and I feel like I'm old enough to have a couple pairs.

What do you guys think?

Also, I know this sounds like a 12 year old's rant.

I don't think wearing thongs is slutty. But they're not as healthy for you as regular underwear, but you wouldn't be wearing them all the time so that probably wouldn't be an issue. I don't have any thongs. I mostly wear bikini underwear. I've never had much of any issue with panty lines. But I always with tights and usually with leggings wear a pair of athletic mini shorts (which I use for swimming as well) underneath. And I wear a pair of bathing suit bottoms (which I don't use for swimming) underneath leggings and thin exercise pants. I can see wearing a thong with yoga pants, thick leggings, or tights with a pair of shorts over. But I can't see wearing a thong with tights and skirt over.

Slutty only if you wear them by themselves. You put on under your pants what you want to put on under your pants. I personally think a thong would be mightily uncomfortable...

I don't believe so, as long as they are covered. If it's hidden, it's hard to be promiscuous in wearing it.

If you were going around advertising it or letting it show through your clothes/stick out of your pants, that's different.

It just depends on your motive for wearing them.

First off. I think they are the most uncomfortable garment you will ever wear, and I've worn a corset.

In my opinion they are not slutty unless you wear them in a way that makes them so. You could have the biggest pair of grannie panties on in the world, but if you pull them up so that the world can see your underwear, and they don't leave any aspect of your privates to the imagination, then they are gonna be slutty.

Personally I would rather be comfy. Buy a pair of these, they may not look stunning (whos gonna see 'em eh?) but they don't show knicker lines and will be much kinder to your bum!

post-15793-137982361975_thumb.jpg

They're underwear, so if you're not showing them off to the world, I think you're good.

If you still want pretty underwear that isn't butt floss, and isn't going to show a VPL, you can get no-VPL pants that are still cute:

5053425907961?hei=400&wid=400

Is anyone gonna see them?Are you wearing it for sexapeal?Are you gonna whisper to someone that you are wearing thongs?

No?Well,then,it is just an underwear.

Yes?Well,then you shouldn't!

Is anyone gonna see them?Are you wearing it for sexapeal?Are you gonna whisper to someone that you are wearing thongs?

No?Well,then,it is just an underwear.

Yes?Well,then you shouldn't!

I tell my SO I'm wearing my favourite pair of granny panties. Does that make them slutty?

I tell my SO I'm wearing my favourite pair of granny panties. Does that make them slutty?

It's all about intent. When you tell someone you are wearing a thong, 9 times out of 10 it's for a reaction. If you are wearing it to make someone lust, then yes, it's morally wrong.

I said granny panties, not thongs. Can I make someone lust by telling them I'm wearing granny panties? Hmm. I wonder. Why do we attach such labels to pieces of fabric? Boggles my mind.

I said granny panties, not thongs. Can I make someone lust by telling them I'm wearing granny panties? Hmm. I wonder. Why do we attach such labels to pieces of fabric? Boggles my mind.

Obviously, you said granny panties in comparison with thongs to make a point. I was pointing out why this did not work. It's not about the fabric, but intent. If you know someone is going to give a reaction and you said it anyway, you were wanting said reaction. And why do we attach labels to fabric? Because of the reactions it gets. Men generally enjoy knowing a woman is wearing underwear that barely covers anything, because it sends their little imaginations into hyper drive. If someone had a fetish with granny panties (which I sincerely hope that does not exist) it would be the same way. If you are fishing for a reaction, then it is morally wrong. You shouldn't try to make someone lust after you.

only slutty if outside your pants and only ride up your butt if they're the wrong size.

I own three of them now. They're nice under skirts.

Why is this word still in use?

If you want to wear butt floss, wear it. It casts literally zero aspersions on your sexual habits and any moral judgement made from that.

Why is this word still in use?

If you want to wear butt floss, wear it. It casts literally zero aspersions on your sexual habits and any moral judgement made from that.

This. :-P

Gah, I hate the idea of describing anything as "slutty". Sure, thongs can be sexy but people also wear them for other reasons. I mean, no panty lines.... amirite? ;)

You should certainly make sure things fit properly and don't ride up but the same rule applies for granny panties.

Guest Aria

Slutty only if you wear them by themselves. You put on under your pants what you want to put on under your pants. I personally think a thong would be mightily uncomfortable...

Ditto! 

Ditto! 

Fast forward 2 years, I have three pairs. Make sure they actually fit. That was unpleasant. e.e 

If what you're wearing is tight enough to show pantie lines, perhaps THAT is the problem, more so than the underwear? Underwear isn't seen, so it doesn't matter what they look like..but tight leggings, pants, etc. are seen. So you should be more concerned if what's over your underwear is slutty or not, imo

I don't like the word "s l u t". It implies that there is something wrong with a woman's sexuality. Thongs are fine. They are simply a choice of underwear. What you wear does not determine the amount of sex you have. Wearing thongs or revealing clothes is not the equivalent of your consent. What you wear does not determine who you are as a person. If someone is going to judge you based on what you choose to wear, then I believe that is their problem and not yours. 

If you are going to give thongs a go, give it a few days to get used to them. The first time I wore a thong, I thought I would never wear one again. It's like having a permanent wedgie all day long. But after a few days, you really can't notice them. They go great with yoga pants, leggings, etc. It's nice not to have the outline of your underwear sticking out. And yeah, some girls might wear them to feel sexy. Is there anything wrong with feeling sexy? I don't think so. And yeah, sometimes girls wear them to turn guys on. Is it so wrong to turn on your partner? I don't think so. 

Wear what makes YOU comfortable.

Edited by laurelnoelle

On 7/4/2015 at 3:45 PM, laurelnoelle said:

I don't like the word "s l u t". It implies that there is something wrong with a woman's sexuality. Thongs are fine. They are simply a choice of underwear. What you wear does not determine the amount of sex you have. Wearing thongs or revealing clothes is not the equivalent of your consent. What you wear does not determine who you are as a person. If someone is going to judge you based on what you choose to wear, then I believe that is their problem and not yours. 

If you are going to give thongs a go, give it a few days to get used to them. The first time I wore a thong, I thought I would never wear one again. It's like having a permanent wedgie all day long. But after a few days, you really can't notice them. They go great with yoga pants, leggings, etc. It's nice not to have the outline of your underwear sticking out. And yeah, some girls might wear them to feel sexy. Is there anything wrong with feeling sexy? I don't think so. And yeah, sometimes girls wear them to turn guys on. Is it so wrong to turn on your partner? I don't think so. 

Wear what makes YOU comfortable.

I don't think I can like this post on mobile, but wowee you're on fire right now