anyabar1987

Oldies sound off!

Alright so seeing as many of us oldies have come back for a visit I must ask that we announce ourselves for the forum to know who we are. I know my first night back someone was wondering why I was purple and how I got purple. I must ask that you don't use this thread unless you are coming back from a hiatus of a year or more.

I am Anya and I have been around in some form or another since 2005. I was a moderator towards the end of my second stint here. (I had left for some time while I started College). You can usually find me goofing off in bored. I am in my mid 20's and I work in a school as an 1:1 aide.

I like hard Christian Rock and I read Amish fiction. I teach Sunday school and I help run the security desk for my churches nursery.

Great idea Anya. Hey all. My name's Marisa. I've been involved with this black hole since mid-to-late 2004(I had a prior sn before I adopted this handle. I've had several long term absences, yet I always seem to find my way back. For a while before I left I was #2 in postings(only Zach was ahead of me). I left in '09 promising myself I wouldn't ever come back, see how well that worked--hence, why I call it a black hole. I'm currently in college in central PA working to get my bachelors in nursing. I'm also currently a CNA. I love reading and coloring(yes, I know, childish, but I enjoy it. Other than that. I don't know. Not sure how long I'll be hanging around this time, but we shall have to see.

NUMBER 2!

Alright! My name is Sami (As it says....above my avatar.) I have been on this site since January 2005. Umm lets see, I was a moderator for I want to say a couple of years probably around 2006 or 2007? Back when we still had CTF CHAT! My only claim to fame on CTF is that I started the original bored and that is where you will find me most of the time! The only reason I really left CTF was because I got extrememly busy and just couldn't find the time plus a few other things but still. But I'm going to try to be on more consistently again. No guarantees. I am a second grade teacher now so it takes up a lot of my time. I am also in my mid 20's and I'm a preachers daughter. It's good to be back! Even if I don't know half of CTF anymore, I look forward to getting to know you all!

If I can think of more I will add it on later :)

Hello, my name is Jen. I've been a member since 2006. Also during 2008 and 2009 I served CTF as one of the original counselors in the support forum, and was then promoted to moderator. I also briefly served CTF as the Queen of Bored. I retired in 2009 after graduating from a Christian college with a BA in Psychology with a concentration in Counseling (hence my interest in the support forum). Life at that time became a bit hectic. At the time that I left, I was in the top 10 posters. I current work for a local child welfare agency, and in May, 2014, I will be graduating with a Master's of Social Work degree. I also teach sunday school at my church for the second graders. I have visited occasionally since my retirement, normally I stick to my forming kindom, Bored.

Also, I'm totally hitting the 10k mark tonight and I am stoked!

Hi I'm Zabby and I'm a CTF-aholic. Oh.. wait.. that's not what we're doing is it? Anyway, it's great to see a lot of you guys coming back, although the timing is a big odd.... Hrmm....

Hi I'm Zabby and I'm a CTF-aholic. Oh.. wait.. that's not what we're doing is it? Anyway, it's great to see a lot of you guys coming back, although the timing is a big odd.... Hrmm....

zabby it is Huw getting married that got us all back together (atleast marisa, Jen and I) Sami tagged on for the ride

zabby it is Huw getting married that got us all back together (atleast marisa, Jen and I) Sami tagged on for the ride

Does that mean you guys went to the wedding?

No. At least Anya, Marisa, and myself didn't go. But seeing the pics of Facebook inspired us to have a little Bored reunion.

Facebook. I don't have fb for anyone from CTF except for Anya and Marisa! You guys need to look me up!

It's Samantha

Anya, Marisa, Sami, Jen...WOW oh WOW!!! What is up!?!?! Man, so crazy!

Well I am late to the party, was building Ikea furniture all weekend. I am Chris, I was CTF's first member, aka the founder back in June of 2003. In 2009, the forums were passed to SunnyJo to run and I had officially retired from the forums. I have been lurking checking the site every few months to see if it was still alive. I am now to old to frequent the forums, just turned 29, but I am helping out Cary with some transition stuff and passing on some experience form the years of running CTF.

IT IS GREAT TO SEE ALL YOU OLDBIES!

Does that mean you guys went to the wedding?

I would have loved to gone to their wedding, but UK is kinda far. My wife and I got to hang out with the newlyweds while they were in Orlando for the Honeymoon! We spent a day at Universal Studios with Huw and Emily and Chad (Pointer) joined us that day. Was awesome!

CHris you are never too old, I heard this evening on the radio that the ideal mix of an adult is 2/3rds adult and 1/3 kid so I think inside us we all have a little bit of a kid.

How's it going Chris?

And I think that the name needs to be changed from teen. It seems the majority of the populations is older than that now. Oooorrrr it's just because so many of us oldies are back but still :)

Also, I think the fact that I am not in my teens should allow me to post my last name should I wish to. Just saying

ehh I am on divided ground, I think this place should remain a refuge for teenagers as the internets are quite a dark place it is nice to keep this light shining as a positive place lost wandering souls can come to

I'm not saying turn it Into an adult forum. I think you're right, it should be as it is. I'm just saying perhaps the age range needs to be taken into consideration. I feel like a creeper when I get on here anymore because I'm not a teen. I'll admit it is one of the things that has kept me away in the past.

How's it going Chris?

Going great. Been super busy! Got married and raising a family. Between work and family I feel like I have no time available anymore lol.

How have you been?

Good. :) about the same. Minus the marriage and family thing. I'm living up the single life lol. I'm an elem teacher now so that takes up the majority of my time. You said raising a family. Do you have any kids yet? :)

Good. :) about the same. Minus the marriage and family thing. I'm living up the single life lol. I'm an elem teacher now so that takes up the majority of my time. You said raising a family. Do you have any kids yet? :)

I have a 7 year old stepson who keeps me very busy lol. My wife and I have been married for 3 1/2 years now. She is actually finishing up her certifications to be a High School teacher. Right now she does subbing to get her time in the classroom. She subs both Elem and High. I am the Director of Technology for a web development company. Keeps me very busy most days.

Crazy seeing how we have all grown up. CTF should now be COFF, Christian Old Farts Forum...lol

maybe you could create that to be the sister site of CTF

Funny enough, I actually had this thought a few months back. It would have to be some kinda partnership thing though....like it would be the CTF Retirement forum lol

Lol nice! I subbed too before I got my liscense

So if you have a 7 yr old step son, I expect you will refer him to this site once he comes of age ;)

Senior citizens committee. Where you send the crazy old farts!

This thread makes me SO HAPPY!

I am Sarah and I am a recovering CTF Addict....

really CTF was my entire LIFE in high school as a lame home schooler and I was also a moderator for awhile. I dropped off the face of it when I started college and am so outrageously busy that I still really don't have time but to pop my head in every now and again. =]

Funny enough, I actually had this thought a few months back. It would have to be some kinda partnership thing though....like it would be the CTF Retirement forum lol

Do it!