Sign in to follow this  
Ineedalife

Best Sport

What do you think is the best sport out there, including winter sports or olympics.... I vote soccer, and I will post my reasons later.

Skateboarding, by far. I prefer flipping a piece of wood around in different directions over putting different balls into hoops or nets, etc. (Pointing out how odd it is for us, as humans, to take such a love into such odd things...really...think about what each sport truly is...)

Ugh, no Boom Boom Dollar for me.....

No, sports are football (American) and ultimate frisbee. Nothing can beat a massive game of ultimate frisbee when one of your friends who isn't playing somehow manages to continually find their way right in front of the flying frisbee, and miss getting hit by an inch every time.

Hockey is the greatest invention ever, and I thank the natives in Canada for inventing this game. Baseball is pretty good also.

I like football, but I'd almost rather watch college over pro. The games go faster and they play harder.

I absolutely hate watching pro basketball. The last 2 minutes of a game can go on for a half hour due to timeouts.

I read something a good while back that explained where our modern sports came from. The only odd one I could remember was basketball. I think it was the Incans or Mayans that played a game similar to basketball where they had to throw a large stone "ball" through a hoop. The winning team was then sacrificed to their gods.

I absolutely hate watching pro basketball. The last 2 minutes of a game can go on for a half hour due to timeouts.

I absolutely hate watching pro baseball. It takes like 5 minutes per at bat. 270 minutes a game(a crazy estimate, I know). Plus, there's no game clock. It could go on forever.

I say hockey is the coolest game on earth. No one can argue with that. Probably the fastest too.

nope.. it's soccer. Playing soccer in the middle of the night on the streets of Mexico with the locals is the absolute best.

Originally posted by audrey_ga_cowgirl@Jul 30 2005, 11:52 AM

Baseball, peoples! BASEBALL! Where have YOU been? BASEBALL SEASON!!! It's only the best time of the year!

245924[/snapback]

:clap: How right you are.

Baseball is the best sport ever.

Originally posted by Emilie@Jul 30 2005, 11:20 AM

nope.. it's soccer. Playing soccer in the middle of the night on the streets of Mexico with the locals is the absolute best.

245934[/snapback]

So true, ok here are my reasons behind soccer and why we all know it is the best sport out there.

1. Soccer takes the most athleticism - One of the only sports that doesn't have fat people running around getting payed millions of dollars to run into each other.

2. Skill - You must always see where each other are, be able to control the speed, and direction and area of where you are kicking the ball.

3. Money - Soccer is one of the only sports where you aren't payed millions of dollars to go out and play it, most soccer players have another job and most of them only make around 50 to 75 thousand a year.

4. Enduranance - The soccer players have more endurance out of any others, they constantly go up and down the field the entire game and do not have that many subs, so you are in it most of the game.

5. Continuing with injuries - Most sports such as baseball, basketball, or football, if they get hurt in those sports they go on payed leave, in soccer you earn your money and they have had soccer players go out with broken ribs and still play, they have even done that in the womens soccer.

6. Best game to watch - Most games you seen on tv are all SO SLOW and boring to watch, in soccer the game is constantly moving and constantly changing, wether it is because someone flipped a guy or a broken arm or broken ribs or the ball going from end to end it is one of the fastest paced games with the most action.

There you have it, the reasons why soccer is far superior to any other sport.

Baseball, peoples! BASEBALL! Where have YOU been? BASEBALL SEASON!!! It's only the best time of the year!

Amen! Baseball is the best...but dodgeball is fun too...

Football rocks, end of story. It is a combination of many sports, including soccer. And, BTW, I know that audrey is going to be jealous, I GET TO GO SEE THE BRAVES PLAY MONDAY!!! AND THE TICKETS ARE FREE!!!

Spidey B)

Why in the world would they be free? The Braves are actually good, isn't there enough people that would buy them? lol

I meant, I'm not paying for them, my football team is. We're having a day of fun. No practice! Although it is being moved to Wednesday morning, bluh.

Spidey B)

Originally posted by Ineedalife+Jul 30 2005, 09:39 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Emilie@Jul 30 2005, 11:20 AM

245934[/snapback]

So true, ok here are my reasons behind soccer and why we all know it is the best sport out there.

1. Soccer takes the most athleticism - One of the only sports that doesn't have fat people running around getting payed millions of dollars to run into each other.

2. Skill - You must always see where each other are, be able to control the speed, and direction and area of where you are kicking the ball.

3. Money - Soccer is one of the only sports where you aren't payed millions of dollars to go out and play it, most soccer players have another job and most of them only make around 50 to 75 thousand a year.

4. Enduranance - The soccer players have more endurance out of any others, they constantly go up and down the field the entire game and do not have that many subs, so you are in it most of the game.

5. Continuing with injuries - Most sports such as baseball, basketball, or football, if they get hurt in those sports they go on payed leave, in soccer you earn your money and they have had soccer players go out with broken ribs and still play, they have even done that in the womens soccer.

6. Best game to watch - Most games you seen on tv are all SO SLOW and boring to watch, in soccer the game is constantly moving and constantly changing, wether it is because someone flipped a guy or a broken arm or broken ribs or the ball going from end to end it is one of the fastest paced games with the most action.

There you have it, the reasons why soccer is far superior to any other sport.

245939[/snapback]

[/b]

I take back all threats jordan.

I'm with him on this one!

Neighborhood basketball is the best sport in the world, especially for me, a 5'6 girl.

In Hood Bball if you:

Get hurt - you play.

Don't get paid - you still play.

Play without a ref, it doesn't matter.

Do awesome tricks (I can bounce the ball with my knees, lol), you get asked to play with the more "elite".

Get tired, there are no substitutes. The same people will play for 2 hours straight if they want, lol.

Pro ball is okay too though :clap:

Originally posted by Sammy*B-+Jul 30 2005, 12:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-audrey_ga_cowgirl@Jul 30 2005, 11:52 AM

245924[/snapback]

:clap: How right you are.

Baseball is the best sport ever.

245935[/snapback]

[/b]

WOW!!! A SANE one in the list of them all!

Jordan...boy...you forgot to take your medication, didn't you? tsk tsk....