Sign in to follow this  
anyabar1987

this 3 minute ad puts full length movies to shame

yes but look at most movies today... they feel very unrealistic. I really liked it

I don't think you can really say that. I mean, Star Trek: Into Darkness isn't going to feel realistic because it's set in a world vastly different from our own. We don't have world building in this commercial, so we have to assume that it is modern day Thailand. I seriously doubt, with the serious brain injury that this man has, the doctor can just sweep the approximately 25,000 dollars under the rug like that.

It's a simplistic commercial designed to tell a story that you already know and to be touching. It has no right to be called better than movies like Beasts of the Southern Wild or Up or heck even Avengers made me cry in the Coulson scene. You can't tell me you got more enjoyment out of this 3 minute clip than any movie you've seen in the last 5 years.

Wow, it sounds like we're in a debate thread here. I think you're overanalyzing things, Zabby. Even after watching the video several times, I get no impression that the doctor is "sweeping anything under a rug." Doctors are able to do pro bono work.... But again - that's not the point.

I think that video is a reminder for us all to do the right thing, even when no one is watching. We need to offer compassionate care to people without expecting anything in return. It's a beautiful message, if you ask me.

I think we can all agree that the title "heartwarming thai commercial" is the most accurate and that every other description is extrapolating the data beyond the domain a bit.

Wow, it sounds like we're in a debate thread here. I think you're overanalyzing things, Zabby.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but I have a lot of respect for the film industry, and I have seen a lot of spectacular films. I feel like you insult many artists and visionaries in this field when you say a nice three minute commercial puts the entire film industry to same.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but I have a lot of respect for the film industry, and I have seen a lot of spectacular films. I feel like you insult many artists and visionaries in this field when you say a nice three minute commercial puts the entire film industry to same.

I'm with Zabby on this. Yeah, the advert was alright, but it didn't do very much for me compared to some of the films I've seen in the past few years.

I'm with Zabby on this. Yeah, the advert was alright, but it didn't do very much for me compared to some of the films I've seen in the past few years.

I third. It's good, but I mean... there are some pretty good movies out there.