Zabby

Steam OS and the other two annoucements?

So anyone else heard about Steam OS? I'm super interested, but it sounds too good to be true. Windows and Mac games on one OS? Sounds crazy. And Valve has two more announcements coming out. One in 30 minutes and one in who knows how long. Everyone I've talked to is thinking Steam Box, but we shall see.

Well,it looks like we're gonna get customizable steam boxes. Goodness, there really isn't much detail here at all. Anyone else got any thoughts?

I know, right? I haven't had time to read up much on it lately, though. Last thing I've heard was about titles being limited to linux based games because of the operating system yadda yadda. I think the controller looks pretty cool. Assume we'll be able to bind keys to the controls we want or something?

Edited by RadioBunny

I think the controller is pretty exciting.

I hope the Steam box isn't too expensive. And I'd love to have an upgradeable console.

I know, right? I haven't had time to read up much on it lately, though. Last thing I've heard was about titles being limited to linux based games because of the operating system yadda yadda.

I dunno they did say that they were working on getting the AAA titles on steam OS, but we're really information starved here. Valve hasn't released any info since it's last big announcement.

I think the controller looks pretty cool. Assume we'll be able to bind keys to the controls we want or something?

Yeah, the controller has complete customization to what keys are what controls. I really just want to hear reviews from third parties about it. All this waiting is killing me!