Marley

Roleplay Discussion

This is a thread dedicated to anything and everything roleplay. Plot bunnies you want to throw out? Put 'em here? Characters driving you mad? This is the place. Want some tips on how to better your game? Boom. Right here.

Even just general writing questions. It's all good. We're pretty laid back.

Have fun!

:ph34r:

---------

Alrighty, so this needed to be created and now it has been. Yay!

Sooo I have recently {see, in the last 20 minutes} gotten this idea for a crossover... I'm debating weather I want to consider making it into a small roleplay {only a handful of characters really would fit... 2-4} or keep it to myself and call it fanfic.... Though it's quite possible when I wake up in the morning I will think it's a stupid idea.... The 10th Doctor and Luna Lovegood.

What could possibly go wrong? XP

Actually I've been on kind of a weird crossover kick lately. I really have no idea why... it's not typical for me... But if anyone has a crazy crossover idea they've been reluctant to throw out now might actually be the time... cause I may bite.

Also how is life all of you? I know I've been horribly busy but I'm trying to figure out how to manage my time better so I can still keep up with a game or two over here. ^_^

RAWR I officially have no homework until Tuesday unless some professor decides to give me homework. 

Also, I dunno about 10 and Luna... I can't imagine a world where they could coexist.

Well, it does sound sillier this morning. XD

The idea is that she *doesn't* exist. You can imagine the Doctor waking up and being all like 'Hold on! I can travel through time and space but NOT fictional realities. What's going on?!?!' but then where does that lead? I was thinking that, over time, you'd have to discover that something is altering the doctors perception of reality. In effect, it would be a game where the ending involved 10 'waking up'. *shrugs* The game I have in my head actually would take place in the summer between book six and book seven so, though it's HP universe, it wouldn't be a typical 'school year' plot {Though having it during the school year would be fun}... Haha XD Oh well, if it ever does become a story I'll post it and yall can tell me how ridikulus I am. ^_^

I really don't know why it's just gotten stuck in my head.... Maybe it's actually just an HP itch I have that happens to have spun into the world of Dr. Who because that's my one TV show of the moment.

Ah! If you have no homework till Tuesday I shall have to post in Souls tonight. Soon methinks. I can make time tonight. I have all my essentials done.

Psh. I feel like we're desperate for anything to happen. Slow as molasses over here in the RP forums. XD

Not that I'd have time for many/any more games...

TJ <3

And yeah, it's just that we're all grown up and can't just post on the forum all day long. 

Sooo.... Ok.. I know this is super-duper-chintzy and probably won't take... But I'm kinda craving a Holiday RP of some sorts. Not now, mind you... but in a couple of weeks as we hit the end of November... Got a few vague ideas. Open for other ones. *shrugs*

Or possibly something more realistic, but with purpose. I dunno.

Maybe. Idk.

Maybe I just miss our little RPG Bored Nonsense XD

I'd love something akin to the tavern waiting room where our favorite characters all get launched to a pocket dimension to celebrate Christmas for the month of December. 

Or... we could so something serious and not completely crazy :P

Oooohhh! Anyone remember my ill-faited attempt at an 'in character lounge' that was 'The Writer's Block'

Maybe the Block could host a Christmas party.

Oh goodness... who of my lot would be fun to RPG at a Christmas party? Hmm... Milo would deff have to make an apperence. XD

That could be tons of fun. ^_^

See what I was originally thinking was either a sort of Christmas-special-adventure type of thing {rag-tag group of elves/kids/snowmen/reindeer whatever save Christmas YAY!} a more realistically romancy thing {Bunch of People in NY for Christmas... Drama mainly (which gets old I'll admit) but perhaps with some caveats} or some sort of set-world adventure set around Christmas {Maurderer's era Christmas Shennanigans at James House?}.

Honestly I don't know why this is a thing.

Hahahah! We could have a "How the Grinch RPG Characters Stole/Saved Christmas"

Santa: "It's up to you now, strange story characters from various worlds! Without your help... There will be no Christmas!"

Nathaniel: "... And I care... why?"

Edited by Marley

For which RP? I could maybe help you with plottin' stuff out. 

On an unrelated note Munster, are you the one who has control over Garmr's fate in Koas, or was that Ambassidor. 

Well, I suggest establishing post on deamon for Kaos, and I can try kicking it to get the humans going.

I don't know what to do for Vampires though. 

Soooo what about our own little Doctor Who Christmas special involving non-canon characters? 

Not sure it would "catch" and I know we'd have to kinda stretch canon a bit but the idea is that somehow, during the time-war, 3-5 young Time Lords (possibly with one older Time Lord) are smuggled out of Gallifrey and sent off in a young TARDIS which, in turn, lands in Central Park, at Christmas, some time in the recent past (or near future, or distant past, idk whateva XD). Add in 2-3 human (or not human) companions that stumble upon this group and.... well, somehow adventures would commence. *shrugs* First 'story arc' would be in New York under the precedence that the TARDIS is, for some reason, refusing to move (could be damaged idk). 

I'm not sure we've got enough active members to make it a thing but I thought it sounded fun. Kinda lighearted but with the potential to develop some depth in time. 

Haha yea, I have a final on the 12th then I'm done! (*happy dance*) I'll try to get a Intro up in the next few days... maybe with enough info that our Non-Whovian's can follow along and join. ^_^

I like this Dr. Who idea. Like a bad 1990's sci-fi Christmas Movie. 

Sadly I won't join because my end of the year schedule is rather iffy. (I will make no promises however.)

Ok, I lied. Likely won't have it up this weekend but by the end of the night Wednesday for sure. XP

If anyone has ideas for plot/bad guys/whateva send em my way. I'm kinda grabbin at straws with all that but figure we can just make it up as we go. 

So I have no back ground knowledge of Doctor Who (always wanted to watch it....but sadly I have no time) but I've been itching for a new Rp, so if us mere mortals are allowed I would be up for it! :)

Doctor Who is super easy to keep up with. And those of us that know about it will be able to link to pictures/do short descriptions to keep you abreast of what's going on. 

Anyway, I'm off to take two finals today. After that and finishing up a paper due Wednesday, I'll have all the time in the world to do all the rps. 

Yep I've got my last final Wednesday and then I'll work on getting this up. 

I plan on sort of doing a crash course on Time Lords and Doctor Who in general in the intro and since we're not using canon characters {Well, at least I don't have plans too.... now that I think about I suppose it could be a possiblity... } It should be pretty easy to get a grasp of.