Marley

Roleplay Discussion

I meant to post more in mine today but a football game ended up lasting longer than anticipated.... So! Tmrw I will be posting more but not till late. Busy weekend.

More or less, yeah....

Feel free to try and start something, but we've been having issues for a long time. 

Tartarus is still alive... Sorta :'(

(I'm slowly working through the stages of loss but I'm still at denial)

We should talk about why they die. Maybe work out a different format (not suggesting what I was doing, but similar) that doesn't make people feel like they have a responsibility to post, which is what I think kills them.

I think they might all die because we have been going so in depth. I've been looking at some of the long to a and they were a very basic premise with only a little back story for direction. I think when they are simple it puts less pressure on everyone. I dunno though.

Honestly, I don't understand why people don't post. I love complex stories and large ideas, but it might just be that I've outgrown this rp community. 

Honestly, I don't understand why people don't post. I love complex stories and large ideas, but it might just be that I've outgrown this rp community. 

this.

Like I hate simple plots with no direction. It makes it so complicated.

I think I didn't come across how I wanted. I'm not saying our stories shouldn't have direction or that they can't have substance, I just think sometimes everyone gets so caught up in backstory that the new story has a hard time going forward.

I think I didn't come across how I wanted. I'm not saying our stories shouldn't have direction or that they can't have substance, I just think sometimes everyone gets so caught up in backstory that the new story has a hard time going forward.

hm maybe that is so.

Sometimes the original makers had a big master plan and when they don't keep up with it, it is hard for people to move forward

This is how I feel about this. Even with exceedingly simple story lines, there's still vast room for exploration which only becomes more so with a bigger game world and so on. That said, I think we run into a paradox in trying to limit a game world since that necessarily takes a great deal of writing on the part of the GM, which people aren't excited about wading through, or extremely vague-and-too-easily-broken boundaries. The other extreme is not limiting the game world, since players will, generally, instinctively interact with each other. Unless they don't.

Which reminds me of a game I played along time ago that was intergalactic and everyone just went off and started factions in the far corners of the galaxy with no hope of interacting. Fun day for the GM.

On another forum i rp on, we have just ebgan rolling out an enhanced rpg system, which allows seperate avatars and rank/traits per character,

its a pretty cool system which helps with getting the overall feel of the setting.

post-39333-0-70411400-1436543648_thumb.jpg

Nope.
I'm not okay with roleplay on this site dying.
I'm bringing out the emergency response team.
We're gonna need a RPG defib unit.
What we need is a good ol' fashion Star Wars roleplay.
It's happening boys and girls.
-Scurries off to plan-

Edited by Jaycawbz

I'll look at Tartarus just b/c I feel bad for ditching Sly.... 

but I'm entirely too grumpy to start a new game on here. 

Plus I may have migrated to another RP forum with Logos and Zabs... Shhh 

You didn't see me. Btw.  :ph34r:

Nope.

I'm not okay with roleplay on this site dying.

I'm bringing out the emergency response team.

We're gonna need a RPG defib unit.

What we need is a good ol' fashion Star Wars roleplay.

It's happening boys and girls.

-Scurries off to plan-

I'll join the project XD

Is this other forum secret? =)

Eh. Not really. I'll send you a link. Things were just so slow here, and I wanted to write! 

Eh. Not really. I'll send you a link. Things were just so slow here, and I wanted to write! 

It was a secret when we first did it, but now it hardly matters. xD

If people are posting again I'm happy to keep Tartarus going <3 I've been a bad GM but its just seemed pointless posting if it'll die straight away.

I do actually have an idea for another RP but it needs work >.>