Sign in to follow this  
HaleyGirl16

Online University

So I'm starting online classes on Monday. I only have 2 (it's all I could afford to start with this semester). One is Introduction to Online Learning so I think that will be ok. The other is Bible 110 New Testament Survey. Next semester I'll have to take a Math Class which terrifies me :sad: but for now, I think I'll be good.

Anyway, any tips for online college classes? Anything I need to know?

Keep up with your reading/assignments/whatever and make sure you take note of when your exams are due. Honestly? Online classes aren't that hard if your disciplined but you do need to do the work. The math course might be harder {just because of the way learning math is} but one thing that may be helpful is to work slightly ahead of the class and then go in to talk to the Prof in person if you need help.

I always tried to avoid online classes in school just because of how I am, but they really aren't that bad. Good  luck!

The math course might be harder {just because of the way learning math is} but one thing that may be helpful is to work slightly ahead of the class and then go in to talk to the Prof in person if you need help

Only problem with this is, the college campus where the professor is, it's in another state lol.

Thanks! :)

Discipline is definitely key, like Marley said.  As for online math courses.. I didn't have a very good experience with mine but I'm also terrible at math and not very good at the discipline part. At least when it came to math.  But if the program/website your course uses is anything like the one I took, then there will be all sorts of tools to help you to solve/understand how to solve the problems.  It'll still be tough at times but I'm sure you can do it :) Hope the courses you are currently in are going well!  It's been awhile since i've been back so hope all is well with you.

You won't learn through online classes like you would in an actual classroom. I take online classes when I have to or when I just want to get through a class easily (pay someone to do it for me).