Gay Marraige

tabithakay

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of that makes sense. First of all, LGBTQ people are approximately split between religious and non-religious according to survey data. It also seems that LGBTQ people become atheist/agnostic because religious people demonize them and drive them out of religion. Secondly, the slippery slope argument is simply ridiculous. There is no indication that homosexuality is linked to pedophilia or zoophilia. Even if we were to accept the notion that homosexuality is a perversion, that is like me saying: if we allow people to be overweight, without calling them out on it, it will lead to other wanton behaviors in their life... eventually, people who are overweight will think nothing of violence and murder.

So, basically, you have absolutely no reasoning to support you claim that homosexuality is a mental illness. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:   

This is not true that homosexual people are non religious becuase of religious people. If someone have "expelled" me from my church, from Christianity, i wouldnt give away my faith, i would still belive that christian God exist, even if christian people "demonize" me.

I wouldnt be so sure that there is no indication that homosexuality is linked to pedophilia or zoophilia, If u didnt know homosexuality was considered as mental disorder (same as pedophilia or zoophilia) until 1973.

But even if homosexual people are normal as you claim, they are mostly atheist, and there is no God who is responsible for them, so they can do whatever "crime" they want, only thing that is "stopping" them are wordly laws which can easly be overcame.

Edited by OrthodoxChetnik

OC

For the love of God

Stop talking.

I mean I am a conservative. I believe homosexuality is a sin. I even think that the APA's reclassification of homosexuality should be, itself, reconsidered.

But c'mon man. Seriously, there are fascists who are more tolerant of homosexuality than you.

I wouldnt be so sure that there is no indication that homosexuality is linked to pedophilia or zoophilia, If u didnt know homosexuality was considered as mental disorder (same as pedophilia or zoophilia) until 1973.

Ignoring that absurd line of reasoning (that homosexuality is linked to pedophilia and zoophilia, because both are mental illnesses): racial segregation was also legal in 1960, and slavery was legal in 1776. There is a reason why homosexuality is no longer considered a mental disorder: there is no harm or negative values associated with it whatsoever. Sigmund Freud said as much when most psychologists were anti-gay. 

But even if homosexual people are normal as you claim, they are mostly atheist, and there is no God who is responsible for them, so they can do whatever "crime" they want, only thing that is "stopping" them are wordly laws which can easly be overcame.

Atheists have morals. And at least the majority of atheists do not try to justify genocide and the murder of women and children as so, so many Christians try to with the Old Testament (I have in mind, Paul Copan).

OC

For the love of God

Stop talking.

I mean I am a conservative. I believe homosexuality is a sin. I even think that the APA's reclassification of homosexuality should be, itself, reconsidered.

But c'mon man. Seriously, there are fascists who are more tolerant of homosexuality than you.

This.
Edited by Wesker

OC

For the love of God

Stop talking.

That's really rude

Either way, it was unnecessarily rude to say 'stop talking'. The member was simply stating an opinion as everyone else had on this thread. Also this is The Christian "Debate" Room. Where you debate such things.....

Just to clarify it, I'm not in agreement with the member's reasons(yet I'm sure my words will be twisted into being that).

Silencing your opponent is the fascist thing to do...

In any case, I wouldn't argue homosexuality is a mental illness.  Transgender, yes, probably some form of psychosis (e.g. they believe they are something other than what reality shows them to be).

Whatever you believe about homosexuals, you should know Christ's command to love them, to share the gospel with them, and to pray for them as you would anyone else.

I am very tired at the moment, would you mind explaining that wisdom for me?

I don't completely agree with that statement because it is a mold.  This mold says if I am humble enough to see my own sins, I shouldn't be seeing those sins of others.

If I interpret it correctly, I agree that I should be aware that I sin and others do too.  If I am able to realize that I sin and I decide to humble myself, I will not be throwing dirt on those who sin because I have been just as bad as anyone else who has sinned, for the wage of sin is death.

Now, this springs up a topic:  When the bible makes a difference of sins, stating that there are sins, but then there are sins of death, what does that exactly mean?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Homosexuality is very clearly stated as WRONG in Scripture.  A whole city was destroyed for this and many other perverse sins.

However, hatred is very clearly stated as MURDER in Scripture.  Murderers were given the same punishment often.  Death.

So, if you are tempted to hate your brother, for whatever cause, or even to hate an unsaved sinner, for whatever cause.  Remember, there is a sin unto death, and for each person that is different, but I would not like to have murder on my account.  That is not something I want Jesus to have to forgive me for.

• 6 months later...

Homosexuality is very clearly stated as WRONG in Scripture.  A whole city was destroyed for this and many other perverse sins.

However, hatred is very clearly stated as MURDER in Scripture.  Murderers were given the same punishment often.  Death.

So, if you are tempted to hate your brother, for whatever cause, or even to hate an unsaved sinner, for whatever cause.  Remember, there is a sin unto death, and for each person that is different, but I would not like to have murder on my account.  That is not something I want Jesus to have to forgive me for.

Which city?