Kaitlyn

Finding a Christian "Boyfriend" or "Girlfriend"

How old are you? Do you belong to a Church/parish? Maybe there are some boys or girls there who would be interested in dating you. 

If you're under 16 (posting in hte middle school section, I think you are.), be forewarned the opposite sex isn't mature yet and you likely aren't either. Relationships take alot of work and time. They're not all roses and kisses in the park like the movies portray them to be.

Hanging out with large groups of both sexes is ideal, until you're older. But, if you insist on romance now, what John(Wesker) said is good advice. Meet up with other chruch kids.

Edited by Boogles

If you're under 16 (posting in hte middle school section, I think you are.), be forewarned the opposite sex isn't mature yet and you likely aren't either.

If you want to be economical about it, it would be strategic for her to look for a girlfriend until she becomes older and the male-gender also becomes a viable potential for partnership. 

Hahahahahha. XD 

I love your solution John. <3

Kaitlyn, you posted somewhere else that your just out of a relationship correct? If that is the case, I encourage you to step back for a moment and take time to take care of yourself. Breakups are hard on the heart and you don't want to throw yourself into a new relationship to quickly. Just because someone is a Christian doesn't mean that dating them automatically equals a healthy relationship. 

Pick up some cool hobbies. Hang out with friends. Be confident. Surround yourself with good people. I've sometimes heard relationships likened to three legged stools. One leg for you, one leg for your significant other, and one leg for God. People say, without God, the stool is unstable but you have to remember that there are two other legs! Take care of yourself and make sure your in a good state of mind to go into a relationship. 

. .all I want to know is why the words boyfriend and girlfriend are in quotation marks, like you're making air quotes when saying it.

If you want to be economical about it, it would be strategic for her to look for a girlfriend until she becomes older and the male-gender also becomes a viable potential for partnership. 

I suppose, but teenage girls can be downright mean (Yes, even the Christian ones.) and teenage boys have this tendency towards being stupid and reckless with their lives, with hearts...

The question is,. do you prefer diabolical b-words or "HEY, WATCH THIS!...*to the Emergency room.*" (I do realize this is a broad generalization and that not ALL teenagers behave in this manner.)

Youngsters, no matter which way they swing, I think should hold off being in a relationship until they're in their upper teens at the very least.

Marley's got some awesome advice there too. Why do you need to be in a relationship NOW? You're not going to find out who you are with another person, kiddo.  Let yourself heal from the last relationship, find out who you are, make friends. Singleness isn't a curse. 

Personally I have struggled with "the one" God has for me especially if he is a Christian, because all my life I have been called UGLY and told that I will NEVER have a boyfriend, but what I realized is that no matter what you look like there will be that certain someone that God made especially for you, but you have to be patient. That is one of the lessons that I have had to learn with this. But all I am saying is don't rush into a relationship with someone, especially if you don't want your heart to get broken. Wait for the one that God has for you and continuously pray about it, and eventually your knight in shinning armor will come!!!!!

I'd agree with the stuff Marley said.

I am in a very similar situation.  Message me if interested.

tumblr_mwico7Jocy1sgl0ajo1_250.gif

. .all I want to know is why the words boyfriend and girlfriend are in quotation marks, like you're making air quotes when saying it.

"becaaauuusee" Josh. "that's" what people "do"

Edited by RadioBunny

I really want to.....

The purpose of dating is to find your lifelong mate.  If you're not in a position to marry someone right now, you really shouldn't be dating.  You're young and have a long life ahead of you.  Focus on what matters now (school, family, friends) and trust that God will bring the right guy in your life when the time is right.  :)

I am in a very similar situation.  Message me if interested.

Ummm, yeah.  This isn't a dating site.

Personally I have struggled with "the one" God has for me especially if he is a Christian, because all my life I have been called UGLY and told that I will NEVER have a boyfriend....

I hope that you don't believe in all that.  Let the truth of God's promises speak louder than the lies of this world.  People are mean...unfortunately that's just a part of the fallen world we live in.  You are beautiful.

The easiest solution;

Boys/Girls are gross. Do not date until you're married out of college. 

Right back atcha, wife <3

Right back atcha, wife <3

Feel the love.  :love:

Back on topic; Boys at your age are so immature. I really don't see a point in dating until you and they are mature(out of HS at least). 

^ Haha I don't know that I'd go so far as to say out of college though. College is a great place to meet people. After all, pickins just get slimmer after college. Just not your Freshman year. Don't seriously date your Freshman year. So many relationships that start in early September, done by March. XP 

I'm not really that against dating in later highschool either {like late Sophmore/15-16 on up} even if dating in Highschool is kind of pointless sometimes you do learn about yourself. Gage his and your own maturity of course and make sure your not going to do anything you'll regret too much but ya know, dating is fun and a couple of good heartbreaks can sometimes make one a better person. Even if a relationship ends up being a bust, you almost always learn something from em. *shrugs*

And work on yourself. Ultimately, the person your going to end up spending the most time with is yourself so working on making them a worthwile person to hang out with is an admirable pursuit. :-)

The easiest solution;

Boys/Girls are gross. Do not date until you're married out of college. 

I agree with you! It should be at a time you are ready and can not feelings of guiltiness. You should put your future partner among your prayer requests.

I don't think you should date at a young age. Coming from a 13 female,a lot of girls are mean and are backstabbers/cliques. Boys are jerks at teenager ages. Doing dumb things that could get them into trouble or a hospital stay. And yes,im talking about christian kids. We do crazy stuff lol. In which i have trouble fitting in at my own church/youth group. Cause i dont have the mentality of a 13 year old thesedays.

Feel the love.  :love:

Back on topic; Boys at your age are so immature. I really don't see a point in dating until you and they are mature(out of HS at least). 

i agree

Let love guide you man, you'll know, just remember you probably aren't gonna date your soul mate at your age 

Let love guide you man, you'll know, just remember you probably aren't gonna date your soul mate at your age

That's true. People change as they get older. Especially teens! People who may be the hot guy or girl in middle or high school,most of them could end up as a Mcdonalds employee or a fat blob. Your lover will come for you at the right time.

Simple...don't look for one! God will place someone in your life,at the right time, who's just right for you :) Looking just makes a person impatient and settle, imho

That's true. People change as they get older. Especially teens! People who may be the hot guy or girl in middle or high school,most of them could end up as a Mcdonalds employee or a fat blob. Your lover will come for you at the right time.

That is more of a stereotype Hollywood plays on. Looks rarely determine your level of success, except for in some lines of work

That is more of a stereotype Hollywood plays on. Looks rarely determine your level of success, except for in some lines of work

No. I think people need to look into what goes on in public schools. Cause theres a lot of things that teachers and adults dont know about in scool.

No. I think people need to look into what goes on in public schools. Cause theres a lot of things that teachers and adults dont know about in scool.

What do you mean?