aidsu2299

Modern Kids

Kids are not the way that they used to be.  I am only fourteen years old and I can see how bad our society is. The difference between me and other fourteen year old is that I had the privilege of being born into a Christian family. I can see the huge difference between my family and non-Christian families. My parents don’t let me bring my tablet or computer into my room. I used to hate this but; now that I have put some thought into it I realize that they are smart. The internet is full of vile garbage and sick people. We don’t have cable. We have Netflix on our Wii. Not having cable doesn’t bother me. I don’t miss anything. I am not allowed to watch any of the modern Cartoon Network shows like The Regular Show, Adventure Time, or The Amazing World of Gumball. These shows are full of stupidity.

I also have the privilege of going to a Christian school. At Lebanon Christian Academy they focus on the Bible. Everything that they teach has a Biblical application. The principle, Pastor Griffith, always makes time to talk to you. At our school the teachers care about you. They will stop what they are doing to make sure that you understand what they are going over. If you fail one class, even for one day, you get kicked of your sports teams for two weeks. The kids that graduate are well rounded, smart kids.

Kids these days have their mind in the gutter. They are not as smart as they could be. Why try to be smart if you can pass in public school without any effort?  Being a Christian I know that there is someone who lives upstairs in Heaven called God. God sent Jesus, his son, to die on a cross for our sins. Jesus was sinless, yet he died for our sins. But, it didn’t end there. Jesus rose from the dead three days later. Other than his great love he had no reason to die for filthy sinners. Now that he died for us, our sins are washed as white as snow. We now have a place in God’s family in heaven. How deep the love! Jesus gave his life for me. The least I can do is try my hardest in to school in order to glorify him.

Tell me what you think! I know that many will disagree but, please try not to be mean. 

Guest JAG

Hi there,

Every generation has been plunged into one sin or another.  I'm often accused of glorifying the 50s, and though I believe that was a better time (prior to the sexual revolution) for America, I'm not naive enough to believe people weren't still sinful.

We do have greater access to our vices now than they once did, and likewise we aren't as looked down upon by the general society for our sins.

What you should do, and I tell you this as a person who is no longer a teen, but a 23 year old man, is conduct your life on a micro level.  Don't worry about the culture so much, but worry about your immediate group of friends, your family, your job, your responsibilities, etc.  Very few people are meant to change culture, but everyone is meant to change the life of their next door neighbor.

Good post Aidsu :)

I see what they are doing, trying to be cool when in reality it is not cool. ( if they are going to do bad things ) they need to realize the reasons why Mom and Dad say no to things is because they have been through this, they grew up like this, and they don't want you to get hurt and see why. I hope and pray that this Generation opens their eyes wide enough to see why. 

You are one smart kid Aidsu, especially at that age. :)

"Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrranize their teachers."

-Attributed to Socrates by Plato

Even in Ancient Greece adults thought the youth were worse than the last generation's youth! I think today's youth are about the same as any other generation's youth. Plus, I've read from numerous sources that teenage sex, pregnancy, alcohol, and drug use is lower than 20 years ago. Since the early 1990s those behaviors in teenagers have actually been decreasing.

And here's a shocking fact. I've read several times of a study that was done in the 1930s (forgot the exact year). And a quarter of high school students surveyed admitted to having smoked marijuana at least once in the last month. Once or more in the last month! A quarter of those sweet, little old 90 year olds.

"Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrranize their teachers."

-Attributed to Socrates by Plato

Even in Ancient Greece adults thought the youth were worse than the last generation's youth! I think today's youth are about the same as any other generation's youth. Plus, I've read from numerous sources that teenage sex, pregnancy, alcohol, and drug use is lower than 20 years ago. Since the early 1990s those behaviors in teenagers have actually been decreasing.

And here's a shocking fact. I've read several times of a study that was done in the 1930s (forgot the exact year). And a quarter of high school students surveyed admitted to having smoked marijuana at least once in the last month. Once or more in the last month! A quarter of those sweet, little old 90 year olds.

I'm too lazy to check if these are factual, but this post gets a thumbs up from me.

I'm too lazy to check if these are factual, but this post gets a thumbs up from me.

Thank you! I'm too lazy to source them. 

Edited by ComedyMusicHistory

I think I might just quit with this website. You guys are telling me your opinions but, I am not allowed to without being criticized. Thank you nicole545!!! You seem to be the only one who agrees.

I think I might just quit with this website. You guys are telling me your opinions but, I am not allowed to without being criticized. Thank you nicole545!!! You seem to be the only one who agrees.

Opinions are just that, they are opinions. Not facts and that means they will be criticized. I was once almost a carbon copy of you. I posted what I posted because of that reason.

In Christ,

TJ

Ex-mod is trying to figure out HOW this is a debate. O.o

Adventure time may be stupid, but it's a FUN sort of stupid. I love that show. SO MUCH. IT'S MATHEMATICAL.

Every generation's youth goes through a stage of "cray-cray". Blame culture, pop stars, parents, whatever, it happens. It's also part of that age to run around and do silly things as you try to figure out who you are in this life. Some people wear socks that do NOT go with those capris (myself) others take up the foolish notion that finding a significant other will help them figure out who they are.

Granted, I think we're getting crazier as time goes on and the time period of being crazy is lasting longer. (Know any 20-something's who binge drink, party and hook up rather often? Yup, they're being cray-cray.)  

but stilll... EVERY generation does it! Back in the 20's, girls took to short hair and shorter skirts than their mothers, 50's rock and roll music made the elders of that generation writhe. Rap music boys liked made mothers in the early 90's cringe. EVERY generation, every decade,  every fresh batch of youngsters does SOMETHING. something in the culture becomes a phenomenon that drives the teens wild for it and annoys the parents. This year seems to be Miley Cryus licking things, leggings as pants, vines and boys wearing nailpolish. Last year it was #YOLO, #SWAG, Justin Beiber, The world is ending, oh no!, and...leggings as pants.... O.o

I like what Jag said. Manage your own life. Disregard what the majority is up to and stick to YOUR beliefs. You could be a good influence on someone by your behavior.

So talking about the defects in the generation nowadays,
The question is whose fault is it that they become kids with their minds in the gutter?

And talking about christian and non-christian family, not to offend anyone and if i do, well my deepest apologies,
but just stating out the fact that the difference between christian and non-christian family is very thin.

Well unless they start to talk about religion then you can see the difference.

Well overall i agree with you, and good luck and success in school. God Bless all of you